PDA

View Full Version : Dining Premium Package

Wishmaker
07-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Can anyone give me there opinion on using the Premium Dining Package. Any pros and cons are welcome. Thansk

Dedivah
07-24-2008, 01:07 PM
If you must have 3 full meals per day, then the Premium Dining package may be for you.

I personally have never tried it. We always get the basic and are fine with that. We even leave with a ton of snack credits.

We have counter service for breakfast at the food court in hotel which is like a very full meal that hold us for most of the day, then head out to the parks. Depending on how we feel, we may or may not get a snack in park then a sit down dinner around 7 or 8pm. That is plenty for us.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-24-2008, 03:03 PM
We had the Deluxe Dining Plan on our last trip, and have mixed feelings about it.

PROS:
1. We got to try a lot of TS places that we hadn't been before, places that we had wanted to try, but they hadn't made the "cut" with the regular dining plan's 1 TS a day.

2. We didn't pay OOP for any meals. We were able to do the 2-TS meals, CRT, HDD, etc, all as part of the plan. I know that this isn't necessarily the most cost effective use of credits, but it does help with budgeting.

3. You get an appetizer and dessert on the Deluxe Plan, so there was plenty of food and choice. The longer meals were a nice break from the parks.

4. If you're going to buy the refillable mug anyways, the fact that it is included is a bit of a bonus.

CONS:
1. There is just way too much food if you do 3-TS meals a day. They also take way too long, and really "eat-in" (pun intended) to your park touring time.

2. We had a crazy amount of snacks left over. Quite honestly, our trip was 2 months ago, and we're stil working our way through Disney chocolate bars!

For us, we loved the Deluxe Plan, but are going back to the regular plan, as we don't want to spend so much time in the restaurants, and we feel that the regular one is enough food (and better for our budget).

robnadina
07-24-2008, 03:32 PM
I love the dining plan. Whether it be the premium of the regular. What I do to figure out the value is take the price of the Dining plan and divide that by the number of people in your group. We did WDW w/o the plan once and were shocked to find that for 4 Adults at the Crystal Palace at Dinner was $130 not including tips. Whether you have credits left over or not, I have found that All Dining Packages are worth the money.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Pros-If you want a lot of food and the option to eat all of them at TS, or if you want to eat at a lot of Signature Restaurants this is for you

Cons-Costs, too much food, too much precious park time spent eating