PDA

View Full Version : fridge at value resorts question

crazykids
07-24-2008, 12:05 PM
I read somewhere that you can request a fridge for $10/day at these resorts. Does anyone know if they will waive that fee if we need it for medical reasons? My son has to take medication and it has to be kept refridgerated. Any help would be appreciated!

disneyfankev
07-24-2008, 12:30 PM
just advise them it's for medical reasons and the fee will be waive.

bcornette
07-24-2008, 12:31 PM
We were in the same situation last year and did not have to pay the $10/ day for a fridge.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Its probably a call for the manager to make...it would probably help to have a note from the doctor...

IloveDisney71
07-24-2008, 12:43 PM
We stayed at POP and needed a frig. for medical reasons. We were told we wouldn't be charged because of that. We didn't need a note from a doctor or anything. I guess we could have showed them the medicine if they had asked for it, but they didn't question it at all.
Anyway, when we got the bill the morning of our departure, they had mistakenly billed us for the frig. However, I made a quick call to the front desk and explained what happened. They immediately removed the charge.
This was in June '06 so the policy might have changed (but I doubt it). All you have to do is ask when you make your reservations.

sainter
07-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Some people have reported receiving a very small fridge (maybe able to fit a few cans of soda) when requesting one for meds, others have been given a regular dorm size. Maybe it depends on how busy the resort is?

LandFan
07-24-2008, 05:52 PM
We need medical refrigerators when we travel. Disney has been great. They give us a small refrigerator (enough to fit maybe a 6pack or so) for free. If they run out of those medical-sized ones, they give you the dorm-sized ones. We weren't asked for a doctor's note either. We just made sure to add it to our reservation well in advance.

Unique1
07-31-2008, 07:03 AM
If you are unable to get a fridge, we bring a fold up insulated cooler and put it in the tub and fill it with ice cubes from the ice machine.

;)