PDA

View Full Version : Photopass Locations

DisneyMcNuts
07-24-2008, 11:38 AM
:mickey:I am really looking forward to taking advantage of the Photopass Photographers in September ...what are some of your favorite Photopass Pictures that don't need to be missed?

Amy

BelleLovesTheBeast
07-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Other than the entry shots I'd have to say the one with TOT in the background and EE in the background. Those are 2 we really like. Also the ones around the WS. Those turned out great!

bleukarma
07-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Last time we were there we were walking across the Tomorrowland bridge at night and got stopped. They take a picture right on the bridge with the castle in the background. I don't know if they only do it at night with the lights on the castle, but the pictures turned out really good!

Imagineer1981
07-24-2008, 03:26 PM
in front of the tree of life or on the main bridge at AK...great pics...and hey dont forget Main Street USA

McGoofy
07-24-2008, 04:15 PM
I like to get a Photopass picture right in front of Cinderella's Castle where the Mickey and Walt "Partners" statue is. We have had a pic taken there in both the day and the night, and they both turned out really well. It looks cool with the statue and the Castle in the background of the photo.

Of course, we seem to always get our pictures taken with the Photopass at the entrances to all 4 parks at the very beginning of the day before we do anything else. I think that has pretty much become a tradition each trip with us. I always say, "Let's take the family picture while we all still look good!":mickey:

pixie897
07-24-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm not sure if you are going to the Water Parks or not but my friends and I went to Typhoon last year and the three of us were in the rafts all holding each others rafts and there was a photo pass guy that took our picture. It is a very cool looking picture. I am also a big fan of in front of Cinderellas Castle at night and in front of Spaceship Earth at night...just some favs

AuntDJ
07-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Amy~ I am going to assume you are planning on purchasing the CD of the photopass pics...it is what I did on the last trip...

Sooooo...We hit every photographer we could find....and I was suprised by how many we did find....I like the ones in front of the train station (right before you go under) and the Tower of Terror....but we also got a high school musical picture...we saw a girl walking around with a basketball and pom poms...very cute pics! Also, as I was resting at Epcot around Italy (I think) my niece was climbing on a pole ( I know I should have made her stop; but I was toooooo tired), but a photopass guy was walking by and started taking pics, he even layed on the ground to get a good angle.

My niece even started keeping an eye out for the vests...

ASK FOR THE SPECIAL PICS!!!!! I cannot stress this enough; i didn't know to do this on previous trip, but this one...almost every front of the park landmark has a special pic associated with it; ie tinkerbell in your hands; baby simba, Etc....

By the time our 8 day trip ended we had over 220 pics...if there was a photopass person there I did not even take out my camera, I let them do it all...many were suprised but on previous trips I had so many duplicates.

Have fun!!
DJ

AuntDJ
07-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Sorry I got so long winded...but...

We also took one in Adventure land that looks like we are fighting Captain Hook...very cute..

Look for a photopass guy with the camera on a tripod holding a sword. It was next to the Pirates exit...

DJ

DisneyMcNuts
07-24-2008, 06:26 PM
DJ...No, not any need to apologize. I greatly appreciate any info or advice given.

Thanks for all the help. I look forward to all the photopass pictures.

Amy

PopDivaPaige
07-24-2008, 07:25 PM
I love the pictures near the Cinderella Castle. I don't know why, but it just brings out that magical Disney touch!:mickey:

tinksmom02
07-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Last time we were there we were walking across the Tomorrowland bridge at night and got stopped. They take a picture right on the bridge with the castle in the background. I don't know if they only do it at night with the lights on the castle, but the pictures turned out really good!

We had pictures taken there too, during the day. The photographer at this spot was REALLY into his job, he took tons of pics of the 3 of us, some of just DH and I, and we also posed "with" tinkerbell.

tinksmom02
07-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Of course, we seem to always get our pictures taken with the Photopass at the entrances to all 4 parks at the very beginning of the day before we do anything else. I think that has pretty much become a tradition each trip with us. I always say, "Let's take the family picture while we all still look good!":mickey:

Our only photopass tradition is in front of the hat at DHS. That's the only place that we've been photographed on each of our three trips.

MickeysEars
07-24-2008, 11:04 PM
there is a little grotto to the right of the castle and my DD remembers the spot every trip and reminds us to stop there

Aurora's Spindle
07-25-2008, 02:37 AM
What are the "special pictures" that Aunt DJ mentioned? I've never heard of them, but Tink and baby Simba sound pretty cool to me ... :thumbsup:

Little Round Bale
07-25-2008, 08:55 AM
We got Tink at epcot I think and going to RNR we jumped over Stitch. This is truly an awesome item to have. Photopass is cool.

disneyfan328
07-25-2008, 09:04 AM
The special pictures mentioned ( ie tink and simba ) are where they take your picture ( or your whole family ) with your hands cupped out in front of you. They have you do one where you look at your hands and look surprised and one looking at the camera. When you get home to view the pictures ( or later if you go to one of the picture viewing stations) they impose tinkerbell or simba into your hands. they really do turn out awesome!!! I know for sure about tink and simba. I read somewhere that there is a ghost one that you can get done at either haunted mantsion or tower of terror but I am not sure if those are ones you can get all the time or if maybe they are a halloween party only thing. There was also a stitch on at DS I believe.

anyone know what all other ones there are? Is there one with captain hook too?

AuntDJ
07-25-2008, 09:04 AM
The special pics we got were:

Holding Tinkerbell-front of MK

holding simba-front of AK..well ours was on the back side, but you can do either place.

Fighting hook-next to Pirates of Carribean-MK

Stich coming up from the ground-front of Studios

Mickey/Goofy "soarin" over our heads at Epcot.

I think there is another stich one at the studios with him on a bench, and one at MK in front of the Haunted Mansion (this is the one I really look for as it seems to be rare).

I am sure there are others, but that is all I can think of right now..

DJ

Aurora's Spindle
07-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Somehow, I never knew about these special pictures. When I was younger, my dad would always rush us right past the Disney photographers in the mad dash to get to the best thing upon opening ... I'm ashamed to say I've inherited the ignore-the-guy-with-the-camera disease, but now (especially since I'm older and have learned to take my time cherishing the World) I'll be sure to make the pit stop!

DisneyBabies
07-26-2008, 10:04 AM
I am so glad that I saw this question because it is one I never would have thought to ask. We are taking our son for his first trip to The World in Feb 2009 for his birthday, and you can bet that I will now make sure I can get as many 'special' pictures as I can! Thanks so much for all your info!:number1: