PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Toon Town Fair?

Imagineer1981
07-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Just curious when was the last time you went back to MTTF at MK. I went at MNSSHP last year for the first time in probably 10 years, and it was pretty cool, but I just never went over there because I didn't really have a reason because at the time I had no children. I didn't even know about the big barn where you can get autographs, and I worked at MK:blush:

Mousemates
07-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Used to when the kids were young, but there is really nothing there to draw us back....ocassionally we will ride the train and get off at the stop and then walk back through the park. To me the area needs a premier attraction, something akin to the Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin dark ride at DL.

Imagineer1981
07-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Used to when the kids were young, but there is really nothing there to draw us back....ocassionally we will ride the train and get off at the stop and then walk back through the park. To me the area needs a premier attraction, something akin to the Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin dark ride at DL.

agreed, I don't think that Goofy's Barn Stormer is enough of a draw

wonderalice23
07-24-2008, 11:37 AM
I actually love it there - a nice break walking through Mickey and Minnie's house and the Barnstormer is actually pretty fun! Plus I have met a lot of neat characters there - especially Abby Mallard from Chicken Little!:woohoo:

kathiep
07-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Here's another vote for the addition of a bigger attractionin this area.

Charlee
07-24-2008, 12:28 PM
My family were just having this conversation a few hours ago as we had a three week vacation in June and did not go anywhere near Mickey's Toon Town Fair.

When I was younger we went to look at Mickey's house, but now I'm in my twenties there is no draw for us and it always seems a long way to walk just to look at Mickey's house.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-24-2008, 12:38 PM
My mother is 61 and this is still one of her favorite areas of MK, so we will be visiting in Dec.:)

Imagineer1981
07-24-2008, 03:25 PM
I think part of the problem is once you walk back there, you have to take the train or doubleback...there is no easy access to other areas

laward32
07-24-2008, 05:14 PM
We always go. Have to go see Mickey and his house. The girls have to go see all the characters (especially the princesses) in the barn.:mickey:

Mad About Mickey
07-24-2008, 05:32 PM
We still have young children, DD 2 and DS 5, so it is still a must see for us. The older children like to check out the teardrop while we are there for rare characters.

Main Street Jim
07-24-2008, 07:05 PM
I think part of the problem is once you walk back there, you have to take the train or double back...there is no easy access to other areasIt's connected to Fantasyland near the Mad Tea Party, and to Tomorrowland via the walkway past Space Mountain. I don't know why/where you would need to "double back". It's also the closest train station to Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. It's probably the best spot to take pictures of the trains as the crew blows down the boiler and "lets off some steam" :D

I got some great nighttime pics there this past weekend. It quiets down quite a bit after dark in ToonTown Fair. Not nearly as busy as it is during the day. The characters are all there right up until park close. I've noticed on EMH mornings guests lining up at the rope near Fantasyland at just after 8:00am, when TTF doesn't open for another two hours :) WHY...?!?! LOLOLOLOLOLOL....

GrmGrninGost
07-24-2008, 07:38 PM
We almost always go for the Barnstormer and the characters! :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-24-2008, 08:13 PM
I make a point of visiting back there every few months, especially when I know CP's are coming in because that means Teardrop is a good place to find uncommon and rare characters.

I also hit that area a lot during hard-ticket events, especially Halloween because of the great treat trails and characters.

MickeysEars
07-24-2008, 11:06 PM
we love it and we always seem to get there when there are very little people there. We always luck out

Friend of Figment
07-25-2008, 12:08 AM
I don't have kids, but it's a must do for me. I love to take pictures at Minnie and Mickey's houses. I have a Mickey pumpkin as the wallpaper on my phone in the fall.

Dragongirlx
07-25-2008, 05:51 AM
I always go - I love walking around mickey and Minnies house and I love the store at the judges tent - just the whole atmosphere

BritCody
07-25-2008, 07:02 AM
As with every part of the parks we try and hit every area at least once during a trip to say that we did it.

Coolwench
07-25-2008, 04:56 PM
We went the first time we took the kids. They were small enough to ride Goofy's Barnstormer, my daughter loved meeting the characters. I love seeing Mickey's house. I think we will go this year because my mother and mother-in-law are coming and I think they would enjoy it.

Young@Heart
07-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Not sure if I go if we didn't have at least one "little one" in our family. Hopefully, we'll still be going there for many years to come! ;)

Kerr0173
07-26-2008, 03:10 PM
I have a great Toon Town Fair story. In June 2005, we had a trip with another family that included 5 kids in all--ages 3,4,5,6,and7. We had an 8:00 ADR at Crystal Palace, then took the Railroad around to Toon Town. The kids played on the playground next to the ropes for a while, then we lined up close to rope drop time. FIRST, about 6 or 8 characters came out from backstage for our own private autograph session. (There may have been one or two other families there.) THEN, Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty came out to the ropes, took our 3 girls by the hand, and led them into the judges tent!:cloud9:

Of course, we could not get a camera with a good battery out fast enough! So, all we have of the princes parade is our memories! Looking forward to making more memories in Jan 2009!:thumbsup:

Kerrie

Tarzan266
07-27-2008, 01:33 PM
We usually go, but I agree this area does need some new additions. I would even accept if they redo Goofy's Barnstormer and make it more of a thrill ride along the lines of Big Thunder Mt. so that kids AND adults can enjoy it.

slegrant
07-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Always a must for our family, my wife and kids love Goofy's Barnstormer! We also love the Judges Tent, the kids have to get cotton candy there.:mickey:

TheMartellFamily
07-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Each time we go we have had younger children and so this is a must. Now we have a almost 5 year old and is 41 inches tall, he can now go on most of the big rides. I do not know if we will make it to there from now on. We are all kids so it does not matter what age you are we will go there.

bruin1344
07-27-2008, 09:53 PM
i dont think ive been there since it was birthday land

Main Street Jim
07-27-2008, 10:04 PM
You can't "redo" Barnstormer into any more of a "thrill" like BTM, because then the littler ones would not be able to ride it. The area is designed for the kids, and the adults who think they're kids ;) We ride Barnstormer once in a while.

Trivia: did you know that you can find a tribute to the Main Street Electrical Parade in Mickey's ToonTown Fair? ;)

elmjimmlm
07-27-2008, 10:36 PM
How can you go to MK and not visit Minnie and Mickeys house? We do every time we are in MK...:mickey:

elmjimmlm
07-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Trivia: did you know that you can find a tribute to the Main Street Electrical Parade in Mickey's ToonTown Fair? ;)

Where?

RAIDER
07-28-2008, 03:45 AM
I tend to go every other time /year and thats only for the Barnstormer :thumbsup:

OhToodles!
07-28-2008, 11:33 AM
We'll be going for the first time (at least mine - I'm sure DH has been there before) this trip for DS's first trip (and birthday!). :mickey: Can't wait to see the characters.

Cookie123
07-28-2008, 01:34 PM
OK .... Keep in mind that I am a 50 something woman, I don't have any children, and I travel solo. With that in mind, I visit toon town every other annual visit. I love Mickey and Minnie's houses. I don't need to see characters.
But the houses are SO cute!

Imagineer1981
07-29-2008, 10:55 AM
We usually go, but I agree this area does need some new additions. I would even accept if they redo Goofy's Barnstormer and make it more of a thrill ride along the lines of Big Thunder Mt. so that kids AND adults can enjoy it.

I wouldn't make the Barnstormer more of a thrill ride. Its great as it is to help kids get "more brave" to ride the big thrill rides

dolphinmickey9170
07-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Pretty much, the only thing I go into MTTF for is a quick walk through Mickey and Minnie's houses, into the judges tent for character meets, then onto the train for a complete ride and a half around the park and back off at Splash. Our DGD is too small for the Barnstormer, but we'll be going more when Keara gets older.

AmandaChan
07-29-2008, 11:34 AM
My husband and I don't have any children and we go every time we visit Disney World. We usually walk through Minnie and Mickey's house at least once and we rode Goofy's barn ride once (we're dorks). I think the tent area where Mickey comes out at is really neat, and if I were a little kid I would love this place. We also usually take the train to that area and get off at the stop and walk around it. It's a really cute area.

:mickey::mickey:

Dawnya
07-29-2008, 03:58 PM
We used to go all the time, numerous times a trip, but since the kids have gotten older, we sometimes skip over it to have more time to do other things (like re-re-ride some rides!!).

Mickey91
08-02-2008, 11:07 PM
We go all the time. i would love to see them do more with the space though. Maybe give us a version of the Roger Rabbit Toon Town Spin?

disneymom2000
08-03-2008, 12:50 PM
I voted for rarely but I really like it. I don't have children and usually it is so filled with little kiddos that I can't do what I set out to do there. I like the shop and as many times as I have been to Disney, I have never had the chance to get my picture taken with Mickey. There is usually a line and then there are always several line cutters where the parents want their children in front and push ahead of others already there. I would rather not have to get involved in that.

LoriMistress
08-03-2008, 05:01 PM
DLR TT is a million times better then at MK. Though, DH and I always stop at TT to get a few pictures of the characters. But we always visit TT when it first opens.

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
08-04-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm a huge "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Fan, so i gotta go to ToonTown!