PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help with Tokyo Dining info?

ChewyStriker
07-24-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm new to Japanese cuisine, but will be trying Tokyo Dining on our Sept trip. Can someone give me an idea of what to expect or what might be a relatively safe meal to start off with for a beginner?:blush:

biodtl
07-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Even if you aren't adventurous, you shoud be able to find something. They have grilled chcken, salmon and steaks and you can choose your sauce (or none). They also have several choices of beef and chicken that are relatively "safe" - served with veggies and rice.

Maybe go for something like that and then if you want to try something different, do so with an appetizer, or something you could split with someone else.

AmandaChan
07-24-2008, 04:22 PM
I've read a ton of great reviews from a lot of people about Tokyo Dining so I'm imaging that it is not too off the charts. I love Japanese cuisine and I'm sure a lot of other people do too but I doubt it would get such wonderful reviews from so many 'normal' people if it was completely different. I've been to Teppan Edo and the set up for the two restaurants (they're in the same area) is pretty much amazing. That place makes me feel like I'm in a high-end restaurant in Tokyo. Everyone there is also extremely nice.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-24-2008, 05:42 PM
If they have hibachi, that's relatively safe and not usually too exotic, as for Sushi, people usually either hate or love it so try it as an appetizer and not main course.