PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think these would be a good movie series?

disneycutie165
07-24-2008, 10:16 AM
I have been writing mini books for two years now about my cousin and me. They are called "The Adventures of Lydia and Emily." We go on different adventures in the US, and the one I am writing right now is about the Liberty Bell being stolen and we have to find it. I know they sound kind of kiddish, but kids are the only thing in my family. But do you like the idea? My first one was about Africa, second was about someone stealing the Considine Diamond in LV, my third was about my uncles house in VA, the 4th was about us getting lost when we go on a trail by ourselves, and the fifth is about us finding an underwater city in the Bahamas. Do they sound interesting, because I want to be a film producer someday, and these are a series I woould like to do.

WDWFREAK101
07-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Don't let me drag you down! :mickey: If you have a dream then you go for it. It would be hard to do a MINI series though. How long are the books? I guess it really doesn't matter anyway. Look at movies like Night At The Museum That was based on a 3 page kiddie book. I guess it would work. I'd like to see #4 on the big screen! :thumbsup:

PirateLover
07-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Never give up on your dreams! But first things first, I would continue to work on your stories by revising and editing, and eventually submitting them for publication. Are they geared towards children? Tweens? Maybe you could get someone to illustrate a few pictures. They sound like imaginative ideas to me, but if you can get them published and have them become hits with the public you will get a better idea of whether or not they will succeed as movies. :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
07-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Is your target audience (books and intended movies) pre-teen girls? It sounds like they could fit that niche, sort of like the American Girls series do now. Sounds like you are a very creative person. :)