PDA

View Full Version : Up with the times!

weswerx
07-24-2008, 12:48 AM
Well, after all these years of suffering, I finally did it. I finally upgraded from Dial-up to DSL! :stitch::trampo:
I am amazed at how fast the web can load now. I can actually watch video presentations without having to stop every five seconds to buffer! This is great!:cool:
...And I bet I can even use my home phone while online...

Just thought I'd share my technological excitement with everyone.
Hey, I bet I can even keep up in word association now...:thumbsup:

amd780
07-24-2008, 09:25 AM
That's great! :thumbsup:

I know what you mean about suffering! When DH and I were first married, we had dial-up because DSL was too expensive for us at that time. After about 9 months, we decided we couldn't stand dial-up anymore and upgraded to DSL. It made all the difference! :)

Fryguy
07-24-2008, 09:38 AM
DSL is wonderful! I have had it since the day that it was available to me and have never looked back.

brewcrew26
07-24-2008, 09:57 AM
We did the same thing two months ago. I have to admit I love not having to wait for a video to buffer or watching the little hourglass turn endlessly for hours as I download. What a blessing!

SgtTigger
07-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Well, after all these years of suffering, I finally did it. I finally upgraded from Dial-up to DSL!
I am amazed at how fast the web can load now.

Hey Wes I think the word you are looking for is Technology..................:laughing:

Welcome to the wonderfull world of high speed......

Now I expect you to start coming to the Friday parties again....:funny:

:cop: :tigger:

weswerx
07-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Now I expect you to start coming to the Friday parties again....:funny:

:cop: :tigger:

Sure, I'd love to! Just let me know when the next Friday is and I'll be there:D
I feel like a kid again on Christmas morning. I'd love it even more if I wasn't so exhausted from work right now. Too bad VMK is gone, I bet it would be so much more fun now than trying to run it on dial-up.

wdwgrl377
07-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Congrats Wes! Welcome to the wonderful world of high speed internet! I remember when I upgraded I felt the same way...I never wanted to get off!!
I too, wish VMK were still around...i miss it. :(

PirateLover
07-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Oh my gosh, I thought my fiance's family were the only ones left in the internet stone age! (I guess now they are!)Everytime I have to use the computer at their house I feel like this:badpc::bang: My family has had some kind of high speed internet since around 1999.
Welcome to 2008!