PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite way to take a break?

GhostHost999
07-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Good Evening Folks,

Had a little question for all of you...

What's your favorite way to take a break in the theme parks?

This could be anything...for example...I've seen a few folks snoozing in the Hall of Presidents.

As for me...I love putting my feet up and kicking back on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority...it's a great little ride day or night, and if you ask nicely and there's no line, the cast member will usually let you go around a second time. :mickey:

Coolwench
07-23-2008, 11:06 PM
I have to agree with Trans Authority Transit. I love to take a break and relax on it. The whole family loves to ride it and check out the parts with Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin.

Guya103
07-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Here's another vote for the TTA. We love to ride it over and over again! It is so peaceful and the tired feet love it!!:mickey:

PittFan
07-23-2008, 11:11 PM
For me, it's sitting on a bench with a :marg: near the Canadian Pavillion, or riding Spaceship Earth.

MickeysEars
07-23-2008, 11:22 PM
at EPCOT I love the looooong Ellen's Universe of Energy ride for a good break, DH says the MK one is Carosel of Progress, HS, any of the shows or the Sci Fi, and AK is riding the rapids over and over, to not only cool off, but the ride is relaxing

PopDivaPaige
07-23-2008, 11:36 PM
I personally enjoy taking my breaks inside of the 3-D shows. That way I don't miss the attractions/Disney Magic, and I can rest my legs so I'm prepared to walk more around the park.

DumboMom
07-23-2008, 11:43 PM
My DD is 5 and my DS is 3 so they can't ride all the rides so we switch off watching the kids while the rest of the group hits a ride. This break is usually accompanied by popcorn or ice cream!:mickey:

wonderalice23
07-23-2008, 11:46 PM
Watching any of the shows in World Showcase! Perfect time to sit down, snack and relax!:thumbsup:

PittFan
07-23-2008, 11:48 PM
After reading numerous posts I can concede that even our breaks still contain that Disney Magic, how cool is that ! :mickey: :cool:

ParkMan
07-24-2008, 12:00 AM
breaks - do people actually take breaks at WDW? :mickey:

For me, it's probably got to be sitting in the shade somewhere easting a Mickey bar.

Young@Heart
07-24-2008, 12:10 AM
breaks - do people actually take breaks at WDW? :mickey:

For me, it's probably got to be sitting in the shade somewhere easting a Mickey bar.

:mickey:
My response is very similar-just substitute Dole Whip Float for Mickey Bar. :thumbsup::cloud9:

Kisobel
07-24-2008, 03:38 AM
TTA, love those little blue boxes

kate

TheRustyScupper
07-24-2008, 08:01 AM
1) It is tough to argue with either TTA or HoP.
2) I used to like sitting on the grass by CP, and people watching.
3) But, presto, no more accessible grass.

Claudielou
07-24-2008, 09:15 AM
TTA for us! But all the 3D movies are great too! We missed the TTA last year, I can hardly wait until September. We WON"T miss it this time!!!:mickey:

beksy
07-24-2008, 09:49 AM
We enjoy riding the TTA over and over for a nice break and my Dad has been known to use any dark show to take a nap but prefers TTA where he can stay awake (usually!:shake:). If we're at the other side of the MK or at any other park we usually find a shady spot and have a snack (Dole Whip floats at MK :tasty:; ice cream or just bottles of water at the other parks :bar:) :mickey:

Belle619
07-24-2008, 09:55 AM
:mickey:
My response is very similar-just substitute Dole Whip Float for Mickey Bar. :thumbsup::cloud9:

:ditto: Us too - we are usually just sitting someplace with a Dole Whip and people watching.

WDWHart
07-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Usually our short breaks would consist of shopping and snacking! DW was a Disney Cammando!! :thedolls:

But now with DS1.5 we just lounge around where ever we can or just make short non-precise park trips to make it easy!:cloud9:

WDW just 48hours away!:party:

Ready or not here we come!!:cool:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-24-2008, 10:36 AM
One of the best moments of our last trip was when my mother and I were waiting for my son and sister to finish riding Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster at MGM, we grabbed some treats and coffee from the bakery, sat down on a bench and people watched for a bit....the look of amazement on faces and the excitement of the children is just awesome:joy:

Imagineer1981
07-24-2008, 10:38 AM
TTA for me...or it used to be Cranium Command at EPCOT...loved that show

biodtl
07-24-2008, 10:56 AM
TTA for us - or stopping to eat.

Mousemates
07-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Depends on the park:

MK - the much adored TTA or for a more elongated break HoP or Carousel of Progress.

Epcot - if the line is short "the land" or Figment (where there has been no line at all on our last few trips)

DS-shady area near the front of "the chinese theatre replica" with all of the handprints...a great place to people watch.

AKL - to me this is a tough one, I suppose IABLor a bench along one of the animal trails.

dixielandings
07-24-2008, 12:40 PM
My favorite way to take a break at WDW is doing anything in the seated position! Sometimes that's a meal, Univ of Energy, Great Movie Ride, a big ol' show (Indiana Jones or LMA!). Usually, though, it's just finding a bench in a shaded spot and having a sip of something cool or warm, depending on the season. :vacation:

For another specific example, I love Impressions de France for a nice, dark, relaxing break - the music alone transports me.

IloveDisney71
07-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Here's how I take a break:
MK - TTA or enjoy a Mickey bar or Dole Whip on a bench in the shade.
AK - Watching the Festival of the Lion King or Nemo show
Epcot - Spaceship Earth
Water Parks - I just enjoy floating around the parks in a tube after I've ridden all the exciting rides.
DS - Muppet 3-d

Crystal Palace
07-24-2008, 01:19 PM
I love riding the TTA. There's never any line, and it's just so relaxing!:thumbsup:

goofy89
07-24-2008, 01:22 PM
I love riding the TTA. There's never any line, and it's just so relaxing!:thumbsup:

Agreed! :mickey: A nice ride on the TTA is my favorite way to relax in the Magic Kingdom.

wdwvacationeer
07-24-2008, 02:55 PM
TTA, people watching and last year three out of four of us had such a nice rest watching The American Adventure in Epcot that they actually fell asleep!

CaptSmee
07-24-2008, 02:59 PM
well, there's so many...the TTA is a great diversion...so is having a Dole Whip or hot dog at Casey's in the MK. At Epcot, stopping and watching the fountain show a few times per day is a must as is swinging by Club Cool. I also like to sit by the lagoon and have a pretzel on the German side of the World as well! Other than looking at the animals in the Oasis, we don't have break traditions there. At DHS we like to walk through the Streets of America and always stop and get a flavored slush on our way to Fantasmic!

AdventurerKim
07-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Riding the TTA is a perfect way to take a break or get a Dole Whip or Mickey bar and walk up to the front of any park eating the delicious treat! I also like wandering the gift shops which is a break from running from ride to ride and riding them. :mickey:

Aggie97
07-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Just like many previous posters, for us it's the TTA or sitting in the shade with Dole Whips or Mickey bars! :mickey:

Mad About Mickey
07-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Grabbing a snack to share with the family and relaxing on a bench or ledge, watching the rest of the guests and discussing what we have enjoyed so far :mickey:.

Minnie Imagineer
07-24-2008, 06:33 PM
I love when my family takes breaks that we can watch the CMs make stuff- like at a bakery you watch them dip strawberries in chocolate or at a jewlery store you watch them engrave rings, etc

kemps@wdw
07-24-2008, 10:25 PM
I second the TTA. It is just a nice break from all the rushing, especially for the toddlers (they get to go in SM), and the grandparents! But, I have to say that my fave way to break is to sit @ the ice cream plaza on Main St (LOVE the butter pecan), out on the sidewalk, enjoying my ice cream, and doing some serious people watching! Even after all these years @ WDW, I'm amazed at the diversity of people here. :mickey:

passholderryan
07-25-2008, 06:30 AM
At Epcot, I like to grab a beer and catch Off Kilter at Canada or The British Invasion in the United Kingdom. It's a must on every trip. Only 3 weeks till I get to hear them again!!!

BritCody
07-25-2008, 06:56 AM
We take our breaks by either stopping to eat and maybe taking a little longer to finish the meal or we go to attractions like the Hall of Presidents or the Country Bear Jamboree, where you are just sitting in the air conditioned show for 15 to 20 minutes

Vito
07-25-2008, 08:01 AM
When the legs are tired, nothing beats a theater show or omnimover.

MK - TTA (my personal favorite - especially at night!), HM, CoP. The lines are usually good (HM can occasionally be long). HoP and Country Bears probably a good choice as well. WDW Railroad is another leisurely attraction, but if it's hot out it doesn't have the cooling benefits of indoor attractions or the brisk cool-you-off pace of TTA.

Epcot - American Adventure, Universe of Energy (I will call it that forever), the Land (grab a fastpass for the boatride, get a bite to eat, then ride), SSE.

DHS - Muppetvision, GMR

AK - none. lol. The good thing about AK is that it's a less intensive park for walking, at least for me. You don't need as much time there, and as such, don't really need as much of a rest. I suppose Nemo (which I haven't seen yet) or the Festival of the LK would be a decent way to relax.

LandFan
07-25-2008, 09:36 AM
MK: TTA (my favorite!), Dole Whip and spitting tiki's or HOP
AK: ITTBAB, FOTLK
EPCOT: American Adventure, UofE, Club Cool, Three Caballeros ride (never a line : )
DHS: GMR (I'm not a big fan of the studios except for tot & rnrc - it ALWAYS seems way too hot there!)

Yeah! We leave on Monday for a quick 4 day trip!!

Olivia's Daddy
07-25-2008, 10:12 AM
MK- TTA
EPCOT- Spaceship Earth or Universe of Energy
DHS- Milk Shake at Min and Bill's Dockside
AK- Sitting area behind Flame Tree BBQ

Sir Notlob
07-25-2008, 01:39 PM
In the MK: TTA
Epcot: A bench in one of the WS countries, preferably in the shade.
DHS: I go back to the hotel
AK: I collapse in the middle of a walkway and lie there until a CM tells me to get up

Sinewiz
07-25-2008, 01:42 PM
At Epcot its sitting under the shade trees at the Rose and Crown tipping a cold one. :beer::thumbsup:

chrisb26
07-25-2008, 04:19 PM
There are lots of nice places to relax and take a break during the day. Some of my favorite places are:

Magic Kingdom: TTA is always a nice spot

Epcot: Spaceship Earth is always a nice place to cool down or Ellen's Energy Adventure is a nice long ride.

DHS: Its always great to sit on a bench near Echo Lake with some Ice Cream from Gertie the dinosaur. Also I know lots of people hate the place and I don't like it either but that Drew Carry Sounds Dangerous is a great place for a break. It's inside dark and if you don't put the ear phones on quiet. :D

Animal Kingdom: I guess watching one of the shows.

Arielfan98
07-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Usually if i'm taking a break, it means my family and I are taking a snack break, so when we are in Tommorow Land we like to sit and share a bucket of popcorn. If we are anywhere else we go to the nearest icecream stand and buy frozen bananas (my mom), mickey bar (my dad), mickey icecream sandwich (my sister), and for me, a minnie strawberry bar (I HATE chocolate). :popcorn:

pink
07-25-2008, 04:56 PM
As for me...I love putting my feet up and kicking back on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority...it's a great little ride day or night, and if you ask nicely and there's no line, the cast member will usually let you go around a second time.

I agree, for some reason it's the most relaxing ride. :mickey:

bruin1344
07-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Hall of Presidents, Country Bear Jamboree, Carousel of Progress, Tomorrowland Transit Authority, Mexico ride, and Spaceship Earth are great no wait rides to relax from all the walking or hot weather

Friend of Figment
07-26-2008, 12:19 AM
I too love the TTA.

When I travel alone, I take a book and stop in the shade and read for a few minutes. It also passes the time in line. I have an Amazon Kindle so usually my reading time is showing folks my Kindle time.

Daisy'sMom
07-26-2008, 09:28 AM
For us it is TTA(we still refer to it as Wedway People Mover) at MK. At Epcot we find shady spot in France with a glass of wine. At DH it is Echo Lake and at AK, we find a bench near the Tree.

Faver
07-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Sitting in MK,in Adventure land eating a cool dole whip:woohoo:

VolMickey
07-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Definitely the People Mover. I could ride that thing all day... :thumbsup:

Princess Maggie
07-26-2008, 11:55 AM
DH and I have this thing to grab a bottle of water and jump on the TTA. We do this a few times each year when we visit MK. I say TTA? And he says, ok I will get us some water...

Will be there in 71 days...:mickey:

brianlw71
07-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Tta

iheartmickey
07-27-2008, 10:39 PM
I prefer the TTA myself ... but anything inside out of the heat and humidity would do. :thumbsup: