PDA

View Full Version : I need help identifying this pin

Blackwater_Pirate
07-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Hi, I was recently at Disneyland Resort last week when I was at the Camelot gift hut and found this Disney pin that I cannot seem to find any information about.

It is Mickey's white glove in a thumbs up kind of shape. Gold tone on the edges. It has like a cross hatch pattern on the back with a Disney copyright and Made in China. I have asked a cast member and some guests if they have seen this pin and they say no. It was on the collectors pin cards where the background was white instead of black. This pin was the only one of this kind I have seen.

Here is the link for the picture of the pin. I own this pin and have tried pin pics and Dizpins. No luck.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/gallop-racer/DSCN2379.jpg

JPL
07-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Well Identifying and individual pin is dificult. I'm guessing it a conterfeit pin since it's a simple design and alot of the fake pins floating around have the Disney stamp on them. Of course it could be a pin licensed out to another company by Disney. It's almost impossible to tell. I don't even think Disney knows all the pins they have released or licensed to other companies over the years.

Blackwater_Pirate
07-24-2008, 01:38 AM
The pin, on the back, also has a crosshatch pattern on the back. The usual Disney pins have like a bumby (what looks like tiny tiny particles) pattern on the back.

It is possible to just have one, and one fake pin made only? It was on the regular Collector Pin card also, with all the right information.

PrincessEmmasMommy
07-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Even if it is a fake or Artist Proof it would be on Dizpins. What did you search under?
I would take it to a pin trading event and see what the "experts" think. The closest I could find on Dizpins was a set they sold overseas in London and Paris with a thumbs up glove but it was in a different position.
Good luck!
Jen

Blackwater_Pirate
07-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Now, let's say that your last trip to a Disney park is the last trip to a Disney park until your high school graduation? That being the case, who do I go to or where or what do I do if I want to find more information about a pin at a pin trading event that I cannot go to?

I'm not getting off topic, I'm just trying to find out all the information I can about a pin I own.

PrincessEmmasMommy
07-25-2008, 11:31 AM
There are lots of pin trading events around the country. My family belongs to the North Jersey Disney Pin Trading club that meets bi-weekly. There are at least 3 clubs in our driving distance. Look on the Dizpins boards to find one near you and try a meeting. You don't just find people at the parks. I understand your frustration, but I couldn't find it on pinpics either.
Jen

Blackwater_Pirate
07-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Wow! Thank you for the information. I did not even know about pin meetings that could be in your area. Very interesting.

Thank you again PrincessEmmas

Blackwater_Pirate
10-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Ahoy! Captain FeatherSword has just dug up new information realting to this pin:

For all of those who are curious, this pin is Pin 65306: Jerry Leigh - Mickey's White Glove Thumb's Up Hand. Made in August 2006.

I have also found the correct term for the pattern on the back. It is a waffle style back. Backstamp is "© Disney, China."

Thank you for posting any informaiton relating to this topic.

All information was found at Pin Pics: http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=65306&sid=7842.1224202724