PDA

View Full Version : OKW, AKL or SSR

garymacd
07-23-2008, 05:04 PM
I am just starting to plan our next trip to WDW, probably for May 2009. I can't book until after the beginning of December. That's when vacation picks are held.

There will be six of us travelling, all adults and we will probably be driving down. Since there are six of us, I figured the best way to go is to try and get one of the Villa's, probably a two bedroom villa. Now I need a little advice.

Consider that we will not be staying at the Yacht Club. My beloved wife and I were stared at and were left feeling out of place by some heavily made-up, highly plasticised, botoxed women in the lobby - too High-Fallutin' for us.

We are considering OKW, AKL or SSR and actually leaning towards OKW. I have read all the threads available on this and now I want a little more advice and opinion, as well as some basic information. I know that everyone has an opinion and a personal preference, but let's hear them anyway.

Why do you like OKW/AKL/SSR?
Why do you dislike OKW/AKL/SSR?
How far a walk is it to the main building, bus stops, pools? Don't tell me, "It's not too bad." That doesn't mean anything to me. I generally walk about four km a day and bike an additional 40 km a day. But it's not about me. It's about my beloved wife.
Since four people will be travelling as couples, someone is going to have to use the pullout couch. Is it as bad as every other pull out?
Do we need to bring our own linens and towels?
Is there maid service every day?
Are the resorts about the same size as CBR?
Do they have beignets?
Is there anything else I should know?
Who put the ram in the ramalamadingdong?

Sorry. Got carried away.
Thanks for your help.

pox24
07-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Its tough for me to answer because all your choices are good ones. If it were me traveling with 5 other adults, I would chose the Beach Club villas 2 bedroom. Its very family oriented not stuffy at all. A short walk to Epcot, short boat ride and moderate walk to the studios. Pool is fabulous, almost a mini water park. Places to eat within a 10 minute walk.. For example.. Cape May Cafe, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Captains Galley, Across the pond are ESPN Club, Spoodles, Big River Saloon, and the Flying Fish. At the Dolphin is Shula's Steakhouse. Nightly entertainment at the Boardwalk just across the pond or at Epcot. The 2 bedroom villas are very spacious. They offer daily maid service for non DVC members who stay there. They have thier own pool and spa for a more peaceful experience. Full kitchen, inside washer and dryer. Its wonderful. Ask more if I forgot anything.