PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Grand Floridian

mickeefan
07-23-2008, 04:51 PM
I was just reading the thread about parking at the Poly. It seemed there was not the first favorable comment about parking at the GF in all the posts.
We are staying there the first week in December and wonder what we will encounter.
We do have a handicap sticker if that makes any difference. I got the impression if you don't valet park you park far far away.
Would appreciate your comments.
Thanks

DizneyRox
07-23-2008, 05:10 PM
That's been my experience, although I'm not sure about the handicapped sticker. Normal guest parking IS across the street at the Grand Floridian if you don't go valet.

Tick-Tock
07-23-2008, 06:47 PM
I believe you can valet park for free if you have a handicap tag/placard from your home state (saw this on another site).

TammiMcMan
07-23-2008, 06:50 PM
I believe you can valet park for free if you have a handicap tag/placard from your home state.That is correct.

jillluvsdisney
07-23-2008, 07:03 PM
You can valet park for free or there is handicapped parking just north of the valet lot in front of the convention center. We parked there last year to go and watch the fireworks. If you self park, it's a bout a 2 block walk to the front entrance.

Tigerinvestigator
07-23-2008, 11:40 PM
If you park in self-parking make sure you have a water bottle, hiking stick, and enough food for the long hike.....:thumbsup:

4myprincesses
07-24-2008, 03:00 PM
So here is another question or two.

My parents will be staying there the next trip and we will be going there to visit them. Even though we will not be staying at that resort, will we still be able to get free valet with our handicap sticker or is that a benefit only for resort guess? We also have ressies for Artist Point and I am wondering if the same applies to valet over there with the handicap sticker.

Jasper
07-24-2008, 03:09 PM
I have never found the parking at Grand Floridian to be all that far away. No, it is not right at the front door but I also don't think it is in the next county either.

TammiMcMan
07-24-2008, 03:17 PM
My parents will be staying there the next trip and we will be going there to visit them. Even though we will not be staying at that resort, will we still be able to get free valet with our handicap sticker or is that a benefit only for resort guess?You should be fine. I'm not aware that it's restricted to resort guests only. Your parents will need to let the front desk know when you'll be arriving though. That way, they can inform security and they'll have your name at the check point when you arrive.

We also have ressies for Artist Point and I am wondering if the same applies to valet over there with the handicap sticker.Again, I'm not aware of any restrictions.

I have never found the parking at Grand Floridian to be all that far away. No, it is not right at the front door but I also don't think it is in the next county either.I'm sure many don't mind the walk either, but it's definitely an inconvenience. An especially bad design for their flagship resort.

Imagineer1981
07-24-2008, 03:55 PM
I always vallet there, too much walking. For such a nice hotel, the parking is not done correctly

TheRustyScupper
07-24-2008, 05:14 PM
I always vallet there, too much walking. For such a nice hotel, the parking is not done correctly

1) Actually, I think it is done well.
2) It is a gorgeous resort, AND you don't see a parking lot.

TammiMcMan
07-24-2008, 05:30 PM
2) It is a gorgeous resort, AND you don't see a parking lot.While it's true that most of the rooms don't look at a parking lot, they still do have one that takes up the entire front of the resort. It's just not open as general guest parking.

andreallybadeggs
07-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Why did the chicken cross the road? Because he was too frugal to pay the valet. That's us in a nut shell so we almost always self park.
The GF self parking does require you to cross the road (2 lanes and there is a ped crossing light) but I don't think it is terribly inconvenient unless you have a lot to carry and are dead-tired. You also have the option of leaving your car parked near the entrance for a few minutes when you check-in/out or if you need to drop someone off.
With a handicap sticker, though, you should be set. Have a great time. :mickey: