PDA

View Full Version : Never too early to start saving...

RBrooksC
07-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Well, today I took $60 and put it away for our next Disney trip.

I hope to put away at least $60 per month until we go back to Disney in August/September 2011.

We should have enough saved up by that time to pay for our stay at WL (or another deluxe resort), our tickets, meal plans and extra money for spending.

It is just hard to believe when we go the next time, our unborn child will be the same age as our son is now and our son will be five and a half. It seems like a lifetime away considering how different things will be.

mouseketeer mom
07-23-2008, 05:14 PM
It does seem like a lifetime away when you think of it like that, how different your life will be then! But..that $60.00 bucks/month that you're socking away is going to feel great! Its bringing you each step closer to your WDW trip!

FiremanDisney
07-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Good job!!
We save alot ahead of time also.
We have NEVER had any problems affording Disney due to the discipline of simply saving here and there.
We also dont go every year.
We usually go every 3 years. I also work as much O.T. as i can get. :thumbsup:

Young@Heart
07-23-2008, 06:48 PM
It sounds like you have a great plan, and I bet the time will fly by faster than you can imagine! :mickey:

TINKERBELL_82
07-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Thats a great plan! Another thing I like to do is play the coupon game when I grocery shop (matching coupons to sales to increase the amount of money saved). Then I take the amount we saved and transfer that into savings. It may not be much at first, but after a few months those savings really add up!

Last year we got married and built a house, and one of the things we had to cut back on in order to do all of that was Disney trips. Trust me, I became the budgeting QUEEN. I am not giving up my Disney habit, and DH knew that when he married me, lol!!

PS- DH is a Disney addict too, ever since he met me. ;)

pink
07-23-2008, 07:44 PM
I agree :thumbsup:

faline
07-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Although it seems a long way off, it really will be here before you know it!

brownie
07-24-2008, 09:37 AM
We started saving after our Disneyland trip last summer. We should have enough saved for a good trip by the end of 2009/beginning of 2010.

Mousemates
07-24-2008, 10:49 AM
And it will extra nice knowing that when the trip is over you don't have to be reminded of how much it cost when the Visa/MC/AE bill comes due. I commend you for your personal discipline and the lessons about financial responsibility you will be teaching (even if you didn't realize it) to both children. Good job.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

amd780
07-24-2008, 12:40 PM
You have a good plan! :mickey:

DH and I have already calculated how much to save per month in order to go to WDW in January 2010. We even talked about opening a separate savings account for vacations! :)

Lizzie
07-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Our next trip isn't until Sept 2011 also. And we are also expecting another child which will be the same age as our twin girls now.

So funny. Good luck saving!

RBrooksC
07-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Well, after last year when we extended some credit cards to go to Disney due to the last minute nature of the trip, it will be nice to have the money saved for the trip early.

It is nice to have long enough that the amount socked away is small enough not to even be felt.

While I would love to go each year, I think, for me at least, it wouldn't be as exciting if I did that. I can now anticipate the trip down the road and be shocked on how quickly it approaches.

RBrooksC
07-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Also, we always buy more ticket than we need and always get the no expiration date option. This way, we build up tickets on the back end and eventually, we will be able to go for a longer vacation and have our tickets already bought.

Bethis26fan
07-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Sounds like a good plan.