PDA

View Full Version : Help with food choices at POR and POFQ

LizLovesDiz
07-23-2008, 02:02 PM
I would love to hear some favorites that you all have had ? Were going in the beginning of Oct. can't wait!!! :mjump:

disneyfan328
07-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Ok, here are my opinions. We never at at Boatwrights restaurant. All we had were CS at POR. The Breakfasts were very good. combo plate was very filling and good price.

My husband had the pasta with alfredo sauce and chicken and he said it was good.

I had a fociatta sandwhich with chips that was ok and I had a flank steak meal that was not good at all.

The kids had nuggets and fries, and pizza there and they are about the same as anywhere, not good, but not bad either.

I would say that overall I was not impressed by the food court there at all. I know are a lot of people out there that like it, so these are just my opinions. DH agreed and said that he felt the food court could have had better offerings.

garymacd
07-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Beignets!!:cloud9:

'nuff said.

TheDuckRocks
07-23-2008, 03:50 PM
A trip to WDW is not complete for me without Sweet Potato Pancakes for breakfast at Boatwright's.:eat:

brewcrew26
07-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Really beignets are the best! I do like their sub sandwiches at POFQ's Sassagoula Floatworks. And the buffalo wings at River Roost are a perfect pair with an evening of Bob Jackson.

I've never had dinner at Boatwright's but the stuffed french toast at breakfast was awesome. I've tried recreating it, but it just isn't the same!

Enjoy...it's probably my favorite mod resort!! :mickey:

Kairi_7378
07-23-2008, 05:14 PM
The beignets are fantastic at FQ. I also liked the jambalaya there. The carrot cake at RS is very good.

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Breakfast is amazing! Enough to share for two for sue.
The omlette is great and so is the french toast..yum yum for smoothies too:number1:

tinksmom02
07-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Here's another vote for the stuffed french toast at Boatwright's. Delicious!

Beignets at POFQ.

DH and I would each get the largest breakfast meal we could at POFQ and share with DD...freed up CS credits. DD and I would use it to share a kids' meal.

We found that the food court at POFQ was less crowded a little earlier in the morning. There was one day that we were there at 9am I think and the place was a madhouse. Usually we were there by 8:30--that half hour makes a big difference.