PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Studios to Epcot??

A Mouse Fan
07-23-2008, 12:29 PM
While I have been to WDW a couple of times, I want to take the boat from Hollywood Studios to Epcot and go in the International Gateway Entrance (is that what they call it?). Anyway, my question is where is the boat dock at Hollywood Studios? In the 5+ times I have been there I don't think I have ever seen it. Is it inside the park or before you go in? Any direction would be appreciated! :thumbsup:

EllieMae
07-23-2008, 12:33 PM
The boat dock is outside the park. If you are exiting the park, take a left and the dock is down the path. The busses are to the right. I hope the directions make sense.

Gator
07-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Make a hard left when you exit. You'll see the docks clearly. This is the best way to get to Epcot. It lets you see all the resorts that are too expensive for me to ever stay in.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-23-2008, 08:38 PM
As you are walking into the park it would be down to your right of the entrance, and exiting it is to your left. You can usually see the boat right at the dock. It's about a 20-30 minute boat ride from one park to the other since you do stop at all the hotels along the way. If you haven't been over to that area you should really take the time to check out the resorts.
The Swan & Dolphin are always running specials and are now Intercot sponsors so definitely take the time to check them out. I personally love these resorts.

Imagineer1981
07-24-2008, 10:41 AM
The boats are nice and air conditioned too...don't walk..too hot!!!

Mackflava99
07-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Yes its off to your left, and comes every 20 minutes-

Its nice, has A/C but is really slow- many small fish pass it bye...

you can take it to Boardwalk of Beach club, both are about equal walk so whichever one comes first get out.

Mousemates
07-24-2008, 11:17 AM
as others have said:

Exit park and take left.

Then be prepared for a slow, but very pleasant and surprizingly enjoyable ride. And unless it is super hot, try to sit in one of the exterior seats at the rear of the vessel...very relaxing.

And depending on the temp, your time schedule and your groups physical stamina...consider the walk over at some point in a future trip. My DS(13) and I made the walk last year and enjoyed it very much.