PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Ever Met Their "Significant Other" at DisneyWorld?

Arnold Simba
07-23-2008, 12:28 PM
A strange question, I know, but has anyone on these boards ever met their "Significant Other" at DisneyWorld? On a blind date? Met someone at one of the Parks, and really hit it off?

On three occasions over the years, I thought I had. One was a girl who worked at the Haunted Mansion. The second was a girl who worked on the trams at the Magic Kingdom. She had been a computer programmer, but quit to work at Disney, which was a dream of hers. The third was this girl I bumped into at the Tower Of Terror. But she was with 2 of her girlfriends, who wanted to keep it a "Disney Day for girls only!" lol

Another thought: If anyone here HAS met their "Significant Other" at DisneyWorld, did you get married somewhere on Disney Property? :mickey:

garymacd
07-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Not at WDW, but at Orlando International Airport on the way to WDW. She was coming from LAX, I was coming from Toronto.

Of course, she had already been the girl of my dreams for the past almost 30 years and we were meeting there for our anniversary.

Probably not what you wanted to know.:blush:

SoaringEpcot
07-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Not at Disney either, but it was at a theme park. I was a ride operator and she was a guest. She and her friends rode the ride over and over until her cousin said she was tired of the same ride and told me to ask for her number. That was in 1997, we got married in 2001 and honeymooned at Disney. We love going to parks.

Also we just had our second son born just this past Thursday.

Disney Doll
07-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Congratulations on the baby!!

Imagineer1981
07-23-2008, 04:37 PM
My wife and I new of each other at school, but we first officially hit it off, FLIRTING, at MK one day. We spent the whole day laughing and hanging out. We call it our first date, and 7 years later we are married with a new disney fan, our baby boy

ransam
07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
I don't know if she's my significant other....but...last september i went to disney w/ my best friend and sister. on our last day, we only had half a day and it was raining/misting. My sister stayed at the hotel, my friend got up early and hit the park. I was kind of indecisive what i wanted to do. we were staying at the all-star music. I literally stood under the over hang trying to decide if i should go to the park or not for about 30 minutes. finally i decided what the heck. on the bus i sat next to a girl and we started talking. she said it was their first day there. she was there w/ her mom and dad, and her daughter. she said that when she divorced her husband, her dad said he was so excited to celebebrate he was taking the family to disneyworld and she and her mom held him to it! by the time we got to Magic Kingdom, it was as the muppets say, we were old friends, that had just met. We spent the next couple hours running around the park together. the park was empty because of the rain, that had let up. it was really a fun time going from ride to ride, and no waiting. i left but we exchanged phone numbers. she sent me many texts and pictures of their remaining days at disney, so it was almost as if i got a small extended vacation. We have continued to talk on the phone almost every night. She's visited me a couple times. I'm going back in Decmeber, and she's going to meet me there...
it was truly a magical day!ha

DizNee143
07-24-2008, 10:35 AM
I don't know if she's my significant other....but...last september i went to disney w/ my best friend and sister. on our last day, we only had half a day and it was raining/misting. My sister stayed at the hotel, my friend got up early and hit the park. I was kind of indecisive what i wanted to do. we were staying at the all-star music. I literally stood under the over hang trying to decide if i should go to the park or not for about 30 minutes. finally i decided what the heck. on the bus i sat next to a girl and we started talking. she said it was their first day there. she was there w/ her mom and dad, and her daughter. she said that when she divorced her husband, her dad said he was so excited to celebebrate he was taking the family to disneyworld and she and her mom held him to it! by the time we got to Magic Kingdom, it was as the muppets say, we were old friends, that had just met. We spent the next couple hours running around the park together. the park was empty because of the rain, that had let up. it was really a fun time going from ride to ride, and no waiting. i left but we exchanged phone numbers. she sent me many texts and pictures of their remaining days at disney, so it was almost as if i got a small extended vacation. We have continued to talk on the phone almost every night. She's visited me a couple times. I'm going back in Decmeber, and she's going to meet me there...
it was truly a magical day!ha

aww..what a great story..hope things work out..:mickey:

RSGBSG2002
07-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Well, I did meet my girlfriend on Intercot. :mickey:

And I know that one day in the future, we would like to get married in WDW.

So even though we didn't meet in WDW, I'd say our romantic life pretty much revolves around the place. :cloud9:

Marker
07-25-2008, 10:22 AM
When we were at WDW in April, I met my wife every day just before lunch.

I'd get up early and head to the parks, and she'd relax and sleep in. Then when she got up, she'd call, and we'd meet for lunch. So yeah, I met her every day. :thumbsup:

DAKustodial
07-27-2008, 03:16 PM
My wife and I met while on the WDW College Program back in the summer of '98. We didn't actually start dating until three and a half years ago and got married in January.

When we met, she was actually dating my roommate which in most cases could lead to some awkwardness down the line. For us, it didn't, and my my old roommate/her ex-boyfriend was a groomsman in our wedding!