PDA

View Full Version : Counter Service Eating Tour of the World

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-23-2008, 10:21 AM
So, in the interest of saving some money, we’ve cancelled one of our two table services dinners for our trip in December. (Coral Reef, oh how I shall miss thee.) It just isn’t practical this year.

Instead, we’d like to focus on trying some of the things we’ve never tried from the counter service places, especially in Epcot; sort of an eating tour of the World, if you will. There are 3 of us, my boyfriend, dad and me. We plan on getting a dish or two to split from the different countries, so we can all try a little every so often, without filling up too fast.

So, my question to you is, what are some of the best COUNTER SERVICE foods in Walt Disney World? Particularly in the World Showcase at Epcot? (Just don’t list anything with cinnamon! I’m allergic to it, and I just get bummed when I get excited for something then find out I cant eat it!)

Kairi_7378
07-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Our favorite CS place in the World Showcase is the Tangerine Cafe. Love the shwarma platter. It's big enough to share. We also like going for fish and chips in England or snagging nachos in Mexico. For non WS, but very good Epcot food, I'd go to Sunshine Seasons.

My other favorite CS places in WDW are Flame Tree BBQ and Columbia Harbor House.

elmjimmlm
07-23-2008, 10:32 AM
The fish and chips at Yorkshire Country Fish Shop in United Kingdom
are great...My DB cant go to Disney without having some...Boulangerie Patisserie has the best deserts...IMO the best CS in Epcot is Sunshine Season...They have the most to choose from and we loved it and will go there again this Dec.:thumbsup:

IamBelle
07-23-2008, 10:48 AM
I love the mexican cantina loaded nachos and i heard the chinese egg rolls and english fish and chips are good. for dessert, we go to germany and buy some candies, yum!! we only have one reservation in epcot because we love to taste our way around the world!

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-23-2008, 10:49 AM
mmm... I LOVE the fish and chips with malt vinegar :cloud9:!

I also really like the pot stickers in China, and the tempura shrimp udon bowl in Japan.

IceCreamlover
07-23-2008, 11:15 AM
We like the nachos in Mexico, the teriyaki in Japan, & the fish & chips in England. And don't forget "la glace" (ice cream) outside of France!

Bethis26fan
07-23-2008, 11:39 AM
mmm... I LOVE the fish and chips with malt vinegar :cloud9:!

Do they have tarter sauce? I can't do vinegar

ryels
07-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Don't forget the gelato outside Italy. Ice cream with even more cream (ie goodness!)

Mmmmmmmm....gelato...

Rhetoric2000
07-23-2008, 11:47 AM
In all of WDW? Hmmmm.....

1) Tangierine Cafe*
2) Flame Tree BBQ
------ (Daylight)------
3 - Former) Tusker House
3 - Now) Sunshine Seasons
4) Cantina De San Angel*
5) Columbia Harbour House
6) Yorkshire Fish Shop*
7) ABC Comissary
8) Lotus Blossom Cafe*
9) Somerfest*
10) Liberty Inn*

(If DD is included, Earl of Sandwich would be in at 2)
Those marked * are World Showcase eateries.

My two favourites there BOTH have platter-type dishes that are easily shareable and offer a good representation of the food.

I have done exactly what you are describing in terms of a "CS tour" with a GF and assure you it is a great idea.

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Do they have tarter sauce? I can't do vinegar

Yes, they do have tarter sauce. I actually use a bit of both, but I REALLY love the malt vinegar on the battered fish. There are baskets with packets near the counter. Mmmm, I can't wait to get back for that!

Ropachs
07-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Another nod for Cantina de San Angel. Yummy and a happy atmosphere on a sunny day...

#1disneyfan
07-23-2008, 12:23 PM
My DD and I decided, while reading this post, this is what we will do for dinner at Epcot! It sounds like so much fun to eat around the World, sharing of course!!!

PittFan
07-23-2008, 12:32 PM
WE absolutely love Cosmic Ray's @ MK. Plenty of food , enough to share IMO. The ribs and BBQ chicken are fantastic!!!

Disney Doll
07-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Boulangerie Patisserie in France. Most people think of it for dessert because they have so many yummy sweets. However, they also have the best ham and cheese croissants. The croissants are fresh and they heat the whole thing so it comes out slightly toasty with the cheese all melted. :cloud9: They are awesome! We have at least one meal here every trip.

Ropachs
07-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Oh my goodness, I just wrote the ham and cheese croissant on our itinerary. The way you described it...ooooooooooooooohhh...

simpleyred
07-23-2008, 04:37 PM
I love the Tangierine Cafe in the World Showcase. Platters are big enough for two to share. Also the Yakitori House in Japan has some good sushi rolls that go great with their iced green tea. I don't know if it has cinnamon in it or not but the bakery in Norway has School Bread that is delicious and its big enough to share. Enjoy your trip!