PDA

View Full Version : Lunch ideas

azdisneymom
07-23-2008, 02:38 AM
I could really use some suggestions on healthy lunches I can take to work. Up until this year I have worked part time and always had lunch when I got home. This year I will be working 40 hours at a school and 20 hours at another job. Knowing I need to eat healthier plus pack 2 meals for some days I do some planning. Any meal suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Beast_fanatic
07-23-2008, 10:29 PM
I mainly bring leftovers, but that doesn't always work out. Some things that I've taken when I don't have leftovers:

frozen entrees (of course, you'll need microwave access)
sandwiches
salads - chicken salad or tuna salad are both good so long as you keep them cold (I use blue ice packs)
soup

if I need a side item, I usually will take fruit and/or carrots

Tick-Tock
07-24-2008, 10:31 AM
I bring lots of fruit. If not fresh, then canned, like mandarin oranges and applesauce. Sometimes veggies like carrots, or leftover salad or broccoli or something like that from the night before. I usually bring at least two or three different fruits and/or veggies every day, some for part of lunch and some for snacks.

Sandwiches that I toast. Sometimes roast beef or ham and cheese in a pita. Peanut butter on a tortilla (usually at the end of the week when I'm running out of stuff). Sometimes leftovers like pasta, a piece of chicken, or some casserole (one of the ways we rate recipes at my house is if it provides good leftovers).

In addition to lunch, I usually bring something for a late breakfast or a snack, like:

Hard-boiled eggs
Yogurt
Naan bread (very yummy toasted)
Oatmeal
String cheese
Granola or granola bars

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Get the Purdue or similar Short Cut chicken and the bagged salads and make a nice salad out of that. You can usually get a couple or three meals out of that. Or pita bread and chicken or low fat cold cuts.