PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaur at AK

spiderkd
07-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Just a quick question...

I went on this ride once when the park first opened for a 'sneak preview' and haven't been on since. My dad and I both found it very jerky and left the ride feeling more than a little uncomfortable :sick:. This in itself is a rarity as I have no problems with rides usually (even Mission Space).
So my question is, should I try again? I can't really remember the ride, just how it made me feel. Have they changed it at all? Do you think it is a must see?

Thanks in advance for any responses... :thumbsup:

DisneyBunch
07-22-2008, 07:04 PM
If I'm not mistaken, WDW made it a little less jerky than when the ride first opened, but it is still somewhat "jerky." It is a good ride, though. You probably should give it another try.:mickey:

droopy d.
07-22-2008, 07:13 PM
It is still a little jerky but I would try it again. I love the ride but you might think about riding it at the end of the day.

Faver
07-22-2008, 07:16 PM
It's still a bit jerky... you are going over rough terrain searching for dinosaurs:mickey:

But so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have fun

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-22-2008, 07:36 PM
If you can do Star Tours, you can do Dinosaur. It does bounce you around and some people think parts of it are intense.
I had forgotten how intense it could be and took my nephew who was about 8 at the time and afraid of most rides on it for his FIRST ride that trip. He hasnt been back on it since. Of course I don't think I've been on it since either but that's because I can take it or leave it.

goofy89
07-22-2008, 10:54 PM
I'd say to definitely give it another try! :mickey: It is a little jerky, but it's a fun ride.

tss22
07-23-2008, 09:43 AM
I get motion sick on just about all rides imaginable - but Dinosaur does not cause me any problems... It's jerky not rolly or spinny (i'm making up words now) or disorienting so it shouldn't be a big target for motion sickness.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-23-2008, 02:08 PM
I rode for the 2nd time in Dec. 2005 and it was so jerky my neck hurt the rest of the day....I will not ride it again, but my son says it doesn't bother him at all

Imagineer1981
07-23-2008, 04:34 PM
When the ride was renamed from Countdown to Extinction to Dinosaur it was toned down as guests complained it was too rough. Give it another try, I think its fine

spiderkd
07-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback. It's interesting to hear that it was toned down... it was still called Countdown to Extinction when I went on it, so maybe it is a little smoother after all.
On reflection I think that I will give it another go, only problem now is that I have to wait until January :silly:

Thanks to all who replied :)

DizneyRox
07-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Ask the CM for a seat in the middle of the vehicle or front row if that's not possible. I have found that seats near the rear ar a little more rough than the rest.

I don't thik I've ever heard confirmation that the ride has been toned down, but I also feel it was changed when it was renamed.

Mousemates
07-23-2008, 06:39 PM
DizneyRox: Ask the CM for a seat in the middle of the vehicle

:ditto:

GhostHost999
07-23-2008, 11:04 PM
Definitely give it another go.
Dinosaur is a very fun ride.
Just don't do what my ex g/f did...she kept her eyes closed through the whole thing and missed the Carnotaurus *and* the meteor storm.
:mickey:

Dyanna
07-24-2008, 09:44 AM
This is my favorite ride in AK!:thumbsup:

jrpersinger
07-24-2008, 10:42 AM
I finally got to ride it for the first time this year. I compare it to a really rough 4-wheeler or dunebuggy ride. We laughed so hard from being bounced around. It wasn't anything that I would think that would cause motion sickness. But I did leave with a bruise on my thigh. I was in the back row, all the way to the left. I got bouced once and hit my leg on the hand grip between me and the next seat. No clue how I managed that one. LOL

MickeysEars
07-24-2008, 11:12 PM
this is a great ride, however i do wish it was the Indiana Jones ride that is in CA

disney07
07-25-2008, 12:45 AM
I get sick very easily (and i mean very easily :mickey:), yet i enjoy dinosaur a lot. U should try it.