PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare

andmomlau
07-22-2008, 05:50 PM
I have 1 more ADR to make for our trip in 3weeks! We are going with our DD, who is 20 and her friend. We have some nice res., Le Cellier, Cal. Grille, O'Hana, Kona, etc., but I need to make 1 more TS res. I have a res. for Cape May Clambake, which we have done several times, but am thinking of switching, if avail., to 1900 Park Fare for dinner. Any feedback? (the friend going with us is a very picky eater so I don't really want to try something "too different" with her. Thanks!:mickey:

Lisa and Alan
07-22-2008, 06:12 PM
These are two of our favorite places to eat. If I had to choose I would pick Park Fare. The meal now is themed like you are attending the 1st anniversary dinner of Cinderella and the Prince. I think the food is a little better as well.

buzznwoodysmom
07-22-2008, 06:20 PM
We ate at 1900 Park Fair during our Thanksgiving trip last year and we had a party of 14 and we all thought it was the worst meal of the trip. 1 or 2 in our party thought the food was alright, but the rest of us thought it was just aweful! We also have friends who visited a few weeks after us who had recommended the meal to us. It was one of their favorite meals on a trip they had taken a few years prior. They said that the meal has changed since the last time they ate there and they thought the new menu was not good at all. My brother and his wife also took their family this year for Mardi Gras and all agreed that the food was horrible. I don't know if we all hit it on bad nights, but it is one place that I will probably never eat at again. Perhaps if I had a girl and couldn't get any other Princess meal I would try it again, but other than that I don't think we'll ever eat here again. On the other hand, we ate Thanksgiving dinner at Cape May Cafe and we all loved it. It was one of our best meals of the trip. Whatever you decide I hope you have a wonderful time.

EpcotFan182
07-22-2008, 06:28 PM
I've eaten at 1900 Park Fare multiple times and always have a great time. It will be no problem if you have people in your party that are picky eaters you shouldn't have a problem - there is a lot to choose from.

DisneyBunch
07-22-2008, 07:31 PM
If we've learned one thing about WDW dining, it's the fact that there are restaurants that some families love, but when you go, you hate the place. There are other restaurants that some families hate, but when you go, you love the place. We personally did not enjoy 1900 Park Fare, but many of our friends enjoyed it thoroughly. If you think that you'll like it, give it a try. A bad day at WDW is like a great day anywhere else!:mickey:

Harkleroad
07-22-2008, 09:31 PM
My husband and I went with our two year old Christmas 07. Neither of us thought the food was that fantastic but it wasn't horrible either. We tried several buffets and found most of them to be about the same. What we though was fantastic was the character interaction. Not only did they interact with us but each other. The step sisters were literally on the ground kissing Prince Charming's feet. My husband who's not big on characters had a blast. I think that it is really worth it.

Nurse Kim
07-23-2008, 02:00 PM
My kids and I ate here on our March trip and we weren't happy at all. The character interaction was great but the food was not worth what we paid. We will not do dinner here again. We may try the breakfast.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
07-23-2008, 02:54 PM
I could not have said it better than DisneyBunch did a few posts earlier. Take a chance on something new you might like it and you might not. People tend to have very different experiences at the same restaurant on the same day. I doubt very seriously it changes that drastically from one day to another. I believe it is more a reflection of individual taste that truly varies.

#1disneyfan
07-23-2008, 03:09 PM
We had dinner there years ago, 1999 or 2000 I think.and we really enjoyed it.

We recently had breakfast there and thought it was very good.

I think as everyone has posted above, basically dining in Disney is different for everyone. I would suggest looking at the menu and if it looks like something you might enjoy, then go for it. Or you could also try the breakfast.

Whichever you choose, have a great vacation.