PDA

View Full Version : Christian the Lion video.

caryrae
07-22-2008, 04:59 PM
This video has been on talk shows and all over youtube. Do a search for Christian the Lion on youtube. It is a video of 2 guys who resued a young lion from Harrods Dept store and after a while got to big for them so they had to reintroduce him back into the wild. Then like a year later they want to go see if they can find him again, he was now the leader of a pride. They find him and the video shows the reunion. It is very sweet.

goofy89
07-22-2008, 10:48 PM
I've seen this video before. It is so adorable and sweet. I love the lion's reaction as soon as he sees them. I think what makes it amazing is how they were told the lion would not remember them, which was clearly not the case.

MNNHFLTX
07-23-2008, 09:23 AM
I've seen the video clip too and it's very touching. And it really is a true story from the 70's. Anybody else out there remember the movie Born Free, about Joy and George Adamson who helped return orphaned lion cub Elsa to the wild? George Adamson was instrumental in helping rehabilitate Christian so that he could survive as a wild lion. In fact, in the video he is the older gentleman (shirtless) walking off with the trio. I was a big Born Free fan when I was young and I remember the documentary that the clip came from. :)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-26-2008, 12:10 AM
I just saw part of this and thought it was one of those Urban Legends! You mean to tell me it's real?

MegaDisney
07-26-2008, 12:16 AM
I also heard that he was the head of his pride! I think it is cool that he "introduces" one of the female lions to them.

pink
07-26-2008, 09:31 AM
I didn't see the introducing the female lion part but I did see a clip of it. I thought for sure that lion was going to attack him but alas, he didn't! Those men are brave for approaching it like that, I guess they knew Christian better than the experts did. It's a very sweet story. :mickey:

Dsnygirl
07-27-2008, 01:40 AM
:) What an awesome video/story... reminds me of the clip that was going around a few months ago about the woman who raised an abandoned cub in Columbia (I think?) and then brought him to a zoo when he got too big... and his reaction to her when she returned a year or so later to visit -- just the same! Those stories are so wonderful... makes me love my "little cats" all the more!

I'm going to have to try to find the full clip where he introduces the female lion to them... didn't get to see that part on the clip I saw.

Thanks for sharing with us!

Dixie Springs
07-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Wonderful video/story!