PDA

View Full Version : Renovations at CBR

fanofdisney
07-22-2008, 03:10 PM
I have an aunt and uncle who are taking their grandchildren to WDW in Aug. They are staying at CBR. Should I suggest to them that they switch resorts since they are renovating the pool? Are they doing room renovations as well? Should I tell them to request a certain building?

CleveRocks
07-22-2008, 06:29 PM
The main pool won't be finished until mid-September. Each village has its own pool, though, so it's not like they won't be able to get into a pool and have fun.

The rooms are also being refurbished right now, one area at a time; areas that are undergoing refurb are not open to guests, so it's not like they can get a room right next to room with workers going in and out all day. The changes include new "Finding Nemo" theming, as well as new beds, armoires, etc.

If they are not paying for a preferred location room, then most people tend to prefer the Aruba and Jamaica sections. After the preferred location rooms, Aruba and Jamaica are, perhaps, the closest sections to Old Port Royale, the complex that has the food court, restaurant, shops, arcade, (main pool), etc.

August can be a very very busy time, and they might have difficulty changing resorts. The only reason they'd want to do this, in my opinion, is if having a main "themed" pool will make a difference. If they want to change, have them call ASAP.

ParkMan
07-22-2008, 11:49 PM
I'd echo those comments. We stayed there in December and I didn't find the construction too obtrusive. We were not planning on doing any swimming when we were there, so that lack of a themed pool didn't affect us.

If they don't care about the pool, my sense is that they would be OK. If they care about the lack of the pool, then try to rebook.

DisneyBabies
07-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Just wondering where CleveRocks found the news about the room refurbishment, because I just called CBR and was told that there are NO refurbishments in progress nor were any planned for the resort.

minnie-mouse
07-31-2008, 09:04 AM
If they are doing Nemo themed rooms, then they should do Little Mermaid themed rooms! Wouldn't that be cute? My DDs would love that!!

Tinksalot
07-31-2008, 09:16 AM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/business_tourism_aviation/2008/07/pirates-of-the.html
The Orlando Sentinel had an article about renovations to CBR. They are to include "Pirate themed" rooms. :pirate: