PDA

View Full Version : ???? re: MNSSHP - I have my tickets (m)

FreFam5
07-22-2008, 02:28 PM
ordered - but I'm not 100% sure what it is. Obviously - I know it's a Halloween party at MK - but:

what rides are available?
What time can we get in?
Are costumes a must (obviously the kids will wear them but not sure about adults)?
Can we eat at MK - do we need ressies for that night?

Any other thoughts and suggestions for this night (we are going Sunday, Oct. 19) would be greatly appreciated by this novice!

CanadianWDWFan
07-22-2008, 02:53 PM
All rides are available for your enjoyment!!:D You can get into the park as early as 4:00. The park is closed to other guests at 7:00 so you are moved to a certain area of the park until all other guest have been allowed to make their way out..

Anyone can wear a custume, infact all four of us did, myself, DW and DS9 and DS3 all chose to go dressed up. We had a blast. the kids really enjoyed the trick-or-treat stations that were set up.

If you choose to eat in the park, I would recommennd reservations. Unless of course if you choose to go the counter service route.

As an added bonus what we noticed was at the end of the night, when the trick-or-treat stations are about to be closed they give out candy to the kids by the handful. Infact one station they gave our boys two full bags each.

I cant forget the Boo to You parade, which is my FAVOURITE parade. When we saw the Headless Horseman I was speechless. It was an icredible sight.

Go enjoy your party. You will hve a blast!

biodtl
07-22-2008, 02:57 PM
what rides are available?

The park operates as usual

What time can we get in?

If you only have a party tciket and not parkhopper passes, thay start letting folks in at 4:00, though the party doesn't start until 7:00 or 7:30. if you have parkhoppers, you can enter any time, but must show your party ticket and get a wrsitband by the time the party starts (CM's start herding non-party guests out at that time)

Are costumes a must (obviously the kids will wear them but not sure about adults)?

Costumes are not required, but a lot of fun. You will see people without, familes with kids only in costume and adults and entire families dressed up.

Can we eat at MK - do we need ressies for that night?

CS shouldn't be a problem. If you want a sit-down meal, I would recommend getting on the phone right away to see if anything is available. It's well past the 180 day mark, so it could be pretty booked up.

You will enjoy the party. It's a lot of fun, with trick or treating (kids and adults - costumes or not) in designated areas throughout the park (don't miss the toontown/tomorrowland walkway).

There are great photo-ops and meet and greets with characters.

The parade is Halloween themed and a don't miss. The headless horseman leads it off and there are some cool character and villian floats. The HM part is great - they have ghost dancers and grave diggers that make sparks with their shovels on the pavement.

The fireworks are special and set to Halloween music and audio.

And the ride lines are often much shorter - especially on weeknights and not too close to Halloween.

Strmchsr
07-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Check out the page in Info Central here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/default.asp).

LauraleeH
07-22-2008, 05:54 PM
I believe that the Carousel of Progress and The Hall of Presidents close early. Also, the last few times I was there, the TTA ride was closed.

Costumes are great, but only if you can handle the heat!

Tick-Tock
07-23-2008, 10:56 AM
All rides are available for your enjoyment!!:D You can get into the park as early as 4:00. The park is closed to other guests at 7:00 so you are moved to a certain area of the park until all other guest have been allowed to make their way out..

They used to close the park at six and reopen at seven (in the meantime, party guests were moved to a particular land, like Adventureland or Tomorrowland, while non-party guests left and the decorations went up), but the last couple of years they haven't done that. Instead, CMs start checking wristbands at seven and moving non-party guests to the exit. Party guests with wristbands visible won't be bothered.

If you want to eat, it's better to do it before seven so you don't miss any of the party fun. And I'm not sure that all the CS restaurants stay open through the whole party.

The villians had a special show and made appearances at last year's party.