PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to get Steak

CosmicRay
07-22-2008, 02:24 PM
We are going in Jan. and DH is looking for a really good steak. Got any suggestions?

gmgdisneymom
07-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Le Cellier - it is my DH fav rest (particularly steakhouse) anywhere

(make sure you get your ressies asap!!)

MickeyMousse
07-22-2008, 03:42 PM
The Yachtsman Steakhouse at YC. :thumbsup:

Friends just got back from WDW and couldn't get a ressie there, so book ahead. Instead they were able to get into Shula's at the Dolphin and said it was terrific.

cardinalsfan_98
07-22-2008, 04:10 PM
If you are interested in flank steak, Garden Grill's is out of this world!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
07-22-2008, 04:22 PM
The answer depends on the cut he prefers and the price you want to pay.

I love the filet at California Grill and Narcoossee's. If he's looking for a high end steakhouse with a selection of cuts, Shula's is probably the best bet with Yachtsman's Steakhouse as a second best.

If you're looking for decent steak at a more moderate price range, Le Cellier is pretty good. Kona Cafe would be recommended by some, but we've had trouble getting them cooked properly there.

PittFan
07-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Le Cellier would be my choice,we love the steak and the prime rib. This is our favorite restaurant in ALL of DISNEY !!!! :eat:

Aggie97
07-22-2008, 06:39 PM
The filet at Narcoossee's is our favorite. :mickey:

luvdiznee
07-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Another for Narcoossee's!

Jarrod
07-22-2008, 07:18 PM
We have done all of the above restaurants and we think Shula's is the best. They also have the Crab Mac & Cheese which is fanstastic. Shula's is comparable to Ruth's Chris for quality. The other cool thing about Shula's, if you have young children, it includes a couple of free hours of kids club at Camp Dolphin. OUr kids were happy and we were happy! But you have to reserve it early.

grumpypima
07-22-2008, 08:34 PM
My DH is a true-blue Dolphin fan!! We plan to eat there on our next trip, December 2008. Our DS (6 years-old) will be with us. So when I noticed this...

The other cool thing about Shula's, if you have young children, it includes a couple of free hours of kids club at Camp Dolphin. OUr kids were happy and we were happy! But you have to reserve it early.

I was surprised??!! :confused: I've never heard this before. I would love any info....do I reserve through Disney Dining? Or call the Dolphin Resort? Or maybe Shula's directly?

lockedoutlogic
07-22-2008, 08:47 PM
the steak at all disney "signature" restaurants is very good.....

i would say the one at Jiko might be the best i've had at WDW.....

yachtsmans has always been good for me....though it is hit or miss with many others.....

shula's is excellent....but is more of an a la carte "ruth chris" type place......

le cellier is usually good.....

concourse was a hidden gem.....though sadly.....one that no one else will discover.....:(

henry.james.s
07-22-2008, 08:52 PM
I've had steaks at Yachtsman, Le Cellier, California Grill & Shula's...all great.
The best steak I've had @ Disney..The New York Strip @ The Flying Fish on The Boardwalk.
I have it every trip and it's still the best IMHO. :number1:

Faver
07-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Le Cellier hands down!

ThanxForNoticin
07-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Definitely Shula's at the Dolphin....

Dedivah
07-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Le Cellier would be my choice,we love the steak and the prime rib. This is our favorite restaurant in ALL of DISNEY !!!! :eat:

DITTO!!!

pox24
07-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Shula's..... Nothing comes even close.:thumbsup:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
07-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Le Cellier!! My husband and I with some of our family will be eating there on November 30th. It's a fabulous place to eat. Can't wait to see it again.:number1:

CraniumCommando
07-24-2008, 01:36 PM
If you're interested in a non-traditional approach to steak, here's two places to consider.

Try the steak (or steak and shrimp:thumbsup:) at Teppan Edo in Japan.

I also enjoyed the steak at the San Angel Inn in Mexico.

MrsAndre
07-24-2008, 03:47 PM
My DH is a true-blue Dolphin fan!! We plan to eat there on our next trip, December 2008. Our DS (6 years-old) will be with us. So when I noticed this...

I was surprised??!! :confused: I've never heard this before. I would love any info....do I reserve through Disney Dining? Or call the Dolphin Resort? Or maybe Shula's directly?

I'll have to check that out. I've never heard this before and it might get me to change our plans for Yachtsman Steakhouse. Thanks for the info!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-24-2008, 04:41 PM
:blush: I racked my brain and realized other than the foodcourt at Coronado Springs, I've never had steak at any other DW restaurant...that will change this time when we go to LeCellier

Arielfan98
07-24-2008, 04:48 PM
I would say you should go to either california grill, or la cellier