PDA

View Full Version : Bringing A Baby To The Swan

MidnTPK
07-22-2008, 01:46 PM
On my upcoming trip in September, I'll be bringing my then-15-month old daughter. I had a few questions about some details of having a baby there, and I couldn't find the answers here on Intercot. So I called the Swan, and I thought I'd share what the person on the phone told me.

The cribs provided are full size cribs with bumpers, not pack-n-plays.

Swan rooms already have an empty refrigerator, so you don't need to pay to have one emptied. Dolphin rooms have a minibar that would have to be emptied. I didn't ask if the Swan rooms had a minimart in addition to the fridge.

To get connecting rooms, you have to reserve one King and one Queen (2 beds) rooms in an upgraded room category. They don't guarantee connections, but is sounds like I already have a room assignment (for mid-September) as the rep said they 'were able to get' me connecting rooms.

If anybody has any tips specific to staying at the Swan/Dolphin with a baby, I'd very much appreciate any insight. I'll report back on my experience when I get home.

buzznwoodysmom
07-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Things must have changed because when we stayed at the Swan in Feb. of 2007 our fridge did have items in it that would have needed to be emptied if we had needed the fridge. We were only there for one night so we didn't need it, but it most definately did have items in it like a minibar.

MidnTPK
07-22-2008, 04:35 PM
This surprised me too. It could be related to the room category. Did your room have a balcony (which are a considered an upgraded/higher category of room)? But he could have been misinformed as well. But I asked very specifically if the minibar could be emptied and he said that there already was a fridge in the rooms.

buzznwoodysmom
07-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I don't remember our room catagory, but we did not have a balcony. It looked like fridge, but had lots of items inside, cokes, waters, snacks, typical items you find in a minibar. I am sure it wouldn't be a big deal to have it emptied, just thought I'd let you know so that you'll be prepared for it in the event that the employee you spoke with was uninformed. And again this was over a year ago so things may have changed.

MidnTPK
09-26-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm back. Here are the details:

The crib was not a full size crib, but a travel size one. It was nice, plain, and sturdy but had no bumper. It was delivered within the first half hour of us getting into our rooms.

we requested a high chair on our second d day. The chair is one of the standard wooden ones you'd find in a restaurant (like the ones around the dining table on Jon and Kate + 8).

The fridges are empty in the Swan. They may not be in the Dolphin because I got conflicting information when I called the resort before my trip. There is no mini-bar in the swan, but there's a service where they'll fill it with things you order from a mini-bar like menu.

Our connecting rooms were not king and two-queens, but two two-queen rooms, both with balconies. This was fine with us but kind-of funny because the agents making the reservations (months ago) made a pretty big deal of telling us that the king-queens configuration was the what you had to reserve to get connecting rooms.

The Garden Grove restaurant in the Swan has a character breakfast on the weekends. We walked right in without a reservation (and with more than half the tables being empty).