PDA

View Full Version : Honey I Shrunk the Audience: They need a new intro video.

AmandaChan
07-21-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm a passionate Disney fan and I hate to be negative but who is tired of the Kodak commercial before Honey I Shrunk the Audience? It's long, repetitive, and severely outdated. It seems like every time I attend this attraction everyone in the room sighs at the commercial and wishes to be watching sometime different while waiting for the show. What are your thoughts on it?

Camping Mom
07-21-2008, 10:59 PM
I agree, but I still cry when I see parts of it. The Great Movie Ride also needs a revamping of their intro movies. Now that they are no longer MGM maybe they can incorporate some new movie clips.

TheRustyScupper
07-21-2008, 11:40 PM
1) I fully agree.
2) The original "True Colors" just tore me up every time.
3) The new one just doesn't have the emotion of Colors.

NOTE: The theme for the ride has different words than Cindy Lauper's song, so I recorded the HISTA version. I play it probably 2-3 times per month.

SpecJoe Magic
07-22-2008, 02:52 AM
I think the current video is silly and uninteresting, so I agree that a change is a good idea.

The original "True Colors" video was both a more effective advertisement for Kodak and a more enjoyable viewing experience for guests in my opinion.

GrumpyFan
07-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Some may disagree, but I think it's time to re-do the whole attraction, pre-show and show. I'm not sure what exactly they could replace it with, but the Honey I Shrunk the _____ (insert movie/theme) is starting to get old. I like the show, but the original movie, Honey I shrunk the Kids, came out in 1989, and the last iteration, Honey we shrunk Ourselves, came out in 1997. Unfortunately, Disney hasn't had any action movies of great success that would fit the theme here. If they replaced it, they would have to come up with something entirely new, which I don't see happeining any time soon.

bruin1344
07-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Some may disagree, but I think it's time to re-do the whole attraction, pre-show and show. I'm not sure what exactly they could replace it with, but the Honey I Shrunk the _____ (insert movie/theme) is starting to get old. I like the show, but the original movie, Honey I shrunk the Kids, came out in 1989, and the last iteration, Honey we shrunk Ourselves, came out in 1997. Unfortunately, Disney hasn't had any action movies of great success that would fit the theme here. If they replaced it, they would have to come up with something entirely new, which I don't see happeining any time soon.

I agree

Disney Doll
07-22-2008, 02:05 PM
They need a new everything! I say overhaul the entire HISTA attraction.