PDA

View Full Version : Working for Disney

DisneyLE
07-21-2008, 07:39 PM
(I tried to search and see if this topic had been discussed before, so I'm sorry if this is a duplicate thread)

I have been wanting to work for Disney forever... I turned down my offer to do the college program in 2000, a decision that I still regret to this day...

I recently moved to L.A. and am planning on going down to Disneyland and applying for an hourly job there... My question is for anyone who has/is currently working for any of the parks/hotels... How flexible is Disney with scheduling in terms of days/hours? I have a full-time job that I work 3-4 days a week, and would only want to be at Disneyland 1-2 days a week... but I dont want to show up to apply and seem like a pain in the butt telling them this. My days at my full-time job are variable, so I would need to tell Disney what days I am available a few weeks in advance. Is this unreasonable? Are there other people who do Disney part-time in addition to their full-time job?

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing anyones input on this!

-Lauren

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-21-2008, 08:07 PM
A friend of mine used to work for them just part time because she had a full time job. But I'm not sure how she handled the scheduling. I know at one point she was basically on call if they needed her and she was available. It doesn't hurt to try. Good luck!