PDA

View Full Version : Ohana's + Wishes

andreallybadeggs
07-21-2008, 05:07 PM
OK-- just found out that my wonderful sis-in-law will get to come to WDW with me and now we have one week to get our act together. Want to celebrate her b'day with dinner at Ohana's and watching Wishes but the only time slots are 9:15 and 9:40 pm. I've read conflicting reports. Assume the chances are not great that we would have a good view of the fireworks if we were still in the restaurant at 10 pm (Wishes! time) And is the music piped in to the restaurant or just outside on the beach?

Guya103
07-21-2008, 05:12 PM
I would like to know the same thing. We have a ressie for 9:10 at night and are hoping to enjoy Wishes from the restaurant. Hopefully someone will know.:mickey:

Trev&Ev Mom
07-21-2008, 05:34 PM
During our trip last January, we were able to hear and see Wishes! from our table at O'hanas. Promptly at 8pm, the lights dimmed and the music started inside the restaurant. Hope that helps!

bcornette
07-21-2008, 05:44 PM
as mentioned earlier they do dim the lights and pipe the music in. But I'd say less than 50% of the tables at Ohana's can actually see the fireworks.
If possible I would eat and head to the beach to watch the fireworks.

andreallybadeggs
07-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Thanks so much for the info-- back to planning!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-21-2008, 07:58 PM
keep trying back to see if you can get a different time slot as well. People cancel and change their ressies all the time. Or at least we usually do, but not so much for our upcoming trip.

Gusgus
07-21-2008, 08:06 PM
We have only been to California grill once. We asked at the podium for a window seat and this is what we were told. People come hours and hours early to sit by a window. They eat and then sit there for hours sipping drinks to watch the fireworks. Our waiter confirmed the same thing. Being Disney, they don't ask the guest to leave.

There is a huge balcony you can go on outside that is on top of the building. We all thought it was awesome and even better than sitting at the table. The music is piped in both inside Cali grill and outside on the balcony. We also saw the water pagent from the balcany as well.

Gusgus

buzznwoodysmom
07-21-2008, 09:50 PM
In the past when we have had an ADR time that was between an hour and an hour and a half we have gotten a table with a great view of the fireworks. Everytime we have had an ADR within the hour of Wishes we didn't have luck with our table. I imagine people do as we did evrey time we had a window table. We took our time enjoying our dinner and didn't rush so that we would still be there for Wishes. If your ADR is close to the time of Wishes your chances are slim to none to get a window table, simply because most people with a window table aren't going to give that up when Wishes will be starting shortly. Of course you could get lucky and someone with a great seat may want to see Wishes inside the park and may hurry their dinner up a little to make sure they are back in the park in time. It's just been our experience that having an ADR time too close to the start of Wishes resulted in a table no where near the windows. Good luck!

disneymajik
07-21-2008, 10:07 PM
If your only options to eat at Ohanas are 9:10 or 9:45 then I guarentee that you'll still be in there at 10:00. The music is piped in and you can stand on the floor where all of the kids games take place to watch the fireworks if you don't get a table near the windows.

Otherwise if you can get an earlier ressie then do so b/c watching the fireworks from the beach at the Poly is much better than in Ohanas.

RAIDER
07-22-2008, 04:18 AM
If its of any help ,last year we got a window seat at 8.50pm and saw the whole thing it was wonderful and capped off a beautiful meal in a beautiful restaurant ......Good luck :thumbsup:

Disnamic Duo
07-22-2008, 10:31 AM
We normally go during slower times, but it sounds to me like you're timing is good (the earlier time sounds best). Another thing, is that I'd mention the birthday - Disney seems to go out of their way for special occasions - it might increase your chances of getting a table next to the windows facing the MK. Good luck!

dolfan
07-22-2008, 11:12 PM
we went to Ohanas last year for my DD 18th b-day. We had a 8:15 ressie, and Wishes was at 9:00. We got a window table, and it timed out perfectly. We finished eating, watched Wishes, the the staff delivered the b-day cake I had pre-ordered, and we had dessert (second dessert, actually). This year, me and my dad have a 9:40 ressie, and Wishes is at 9:00. That was the only time I could get a ressie, so we will watch Wishes from the beach, the eat afterwards. That's the plan, anyway!