PDA

View Full Version : Beastly Kingdom?

Imagineer1981
07-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Do you think with the closing of Pocahontas at AK that maybe they are planning on doing the beastly kingdom expansion? The AK logo still shows the dragon so maybe?

If they do...what kind of rides would you like to see?

Hayden's Dad
07-21-2008, 03:50 PM
I think AK is going to expand with a Beastly Kingdom. I don't know if it would be over with Camp Minnie Mickey or not, but there is the Dragon waterfall under the bridge you cross into Camp Minnie Mickey.

AK is lacking a good classic Dark Ride maybe something themed with Pete's Dragon, or the Black Cauldron, The Reluctant Dragon. You could even use both Fantasias as a backdrop they have several Fantasy type characters.

AmandaChan
07-21-2008, 04:45 PM
It really IS hot at Animal Kingdom. Maybe they can create a new ride that is more nature-fied that you can cool off at. Maybe one where you get wet, not soaked like you do on Kali.:mickey:

A Foolish Mortal
07-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Sort of like....:thumbsup:..... THE EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE RIDE!!!!

ParkMan
07-22-2008, 01:50 PM
I LOVE the thrill rides. However, I'd really like to see some more well thought out dark rides.

I'd like to see them put some thought into a new, world class dark ride somewhere in the park. Preferably something that would last more than 2 minutes.

biodtl
07-22-2008, 03:00 PM
I would love a thrill ride, but I voted for the dark ride. Both would be best, but a dark ride with classic Disney magic paried with new technology would be awesome and would fit the theme well.

Mackflava99
07-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Sort of like....:thumbsup:..... THE EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE RIDE!!!!

OH i vote for this one-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been screaming for some ENG representation

MickeyMousse
07-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Ah, the thought of a nice, dark ride brings visions of being cool :fan: and comfortable!
It should be interesting to see/hear what the Imagineers come up with!

tss22
07-22-2008, 03:57 PM
The AK logo still shows the dragon so maybe?

I may be wrong, but isn't that a Dinosaur (real), not a dragon (fictional).

VolMickey
07-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Definitely a dragon -- it's got wings.

WDWHart
07-23-2008, 08:41 AM
adding anything to Animal Kingdom would be GREAT. A Thrill Ride would be awesome:thedolls:, but a dark ride would be very KOOOL!:cool::cloud9:

tss22
07-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Definitely a dragon -- it's got wings.

pteradactyl? I don't have the picture in front of me so I'm just guessing. i may be wrong.

Vito
07-23-2008, 10:10 AM
There is indeed a dragon on the AK logo. It's been there since the beginning.

From Intercot:

http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/animalkingdom/images/daklogo1.gif

PopDivaPaige
07-23-2008, 10:36 AM
I would say a dark ride. There are already 2 roller coasters there (Prime Evil Whirl and Expedition Everest) and I love dark rides. Maybe it can be like the Thomone (sp?) and Pumba 3-D ride they have on the Lion King 1/2 movie disk. That would be pretty funny.

tss22
07-23-2008, 11:59 AM
That's a different logo than I was thinking of... but yeah... that's a dragon...

KAJUNKING
07-23-2008, 01:28 PM
i would love to see a classic dark ride, if they keep trying mabey theyll make ak a full day theme park

jszczur5
07-23-2008, 01:39 PM
There is indeed a dragon on the AK logo. It's been there since the beginning.

From Intercot:

http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/animalkingdom/images/daklogo1.gif

Yup, definitely a dragon. I have never noticed this before. I vote for a dark, cool ride, like Pirates or HM.

TTA Metroliner
07-23-2008, 01:43 PM
I voted for a classic dark ride based on Animals from a Disney Movie that is NOT represented in another attraction or in another park, ie Great Mouse Detective, 101 Dalmations, Ratatouile, etc.

Imagineer1981
07-23-2008, 04:38 PM
I agree with a dark ride idea, something to cool you off in AK

RAIDER
07-24-2008, 07:09 AM
My view is this.. If your going to have a beastly ride ,then you should have a beastly consequence .Thus i voted for a water ride ( something evil like Islands of Adventure Popeye Ride ) :thedolls::D

Mousemates
07-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Do you think with the closing of Pocahontas at AK that maybe they are planning on doing the beastly kingdom expansion? The AK logo still shows the dragon so maybe?

If they do...what kind of rides would you like to see?

Do I think that....well actually no (it seems there is always a "new rumor"" for the AK like the revamped beastly kingdom or night kingdom etc)...but while I no longer get my hopes up for it, I do wish they would do it:thumbsup:.

And if they did I would like a Buzz Lightyear/Toystory interactive shooting dark ride...by the way Disney does own Touchstone pictures which gave us the classic dragon shooting movie "Reign of Fire."

5 Mousekteers
07-24-2008, 11:38 AM
I vote for a water ride. Maybe a new flume with a story based around Jungle Book or Lion King. :D

Brer Longhorn
07-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Have to go with a dark ride! Nothing says Disney to me like a well thought-out and constructed dark ride. ie... Pirates and HM.

bertasso59
07-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Im hoping they greenlight the plan they had years ago which was a Dragon Coaster with theming.I recall reading that it would combine a dark ride with the coaster as it told the story of a group of bats scavenging the armour of fallen heroes to battle the dragon at the top.:coaster:

MickeysEars
07-24-2008, 10:42 PM
It is the hottest place in the Kingdom. I would love another water ride