PDA

View Full Version : How is Caribbean Beach resort?

Poohmomnks
07-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Woo Hoo! We have made our reservations for a weekend trip in December! :mickey:

We are staying at CBR, but have never been there. We've requested Jamaica for our rooms.... Please share some info on the pool, buses, food court, etc. I'm nervous about it since I know nothing....but also excited!

This is a trip to celebrate mine and my DH's
40th birthday!:party: 2 couples will be joining us which will be great fun, however, we are leaving our children at home:sad:

Thanks for your help!!!

brewcrew26
07-21-2008, 10:32 AM
We were also a little apprehensive about staying at CBR in April since we knew nothing about it. I'd stayed at other mods before and loved it. When I read some negative comments I was a little leery.

We absolutely loved it. We were in bldg 31 at Trinidad North. It was a king room on a corner, second floor. It overlooked the parking lot on one side and the little lake on the other. It was really pleasant early in the mornings to look out the window and see such a pristine view.

We don't mind walking all that much. It was about 3-5 mins. to get the food court, arcade, shopping areas. The bus stop was maybe 2 mins. max from our room. We barely had to wait for busses the entire trip. I think we lucked out. Most of the trips were about 15-20 mins. from hotel to park.

There are a lot of school groups that were there during Magic Music Days.

The food left a lot to be desired. We did enjoy the Mickey waffles, much better than at our character breakfast. But, most of the time we were in the parks, so we didn't sit and look at shabby walls or things too much (not that we noticed that).

I'm sure you can search for my trip reports. That has a lot more about CBR in there!

Have fun! I don't think you'll be disappointed. :mickey:

IloveDisney71
07-21-2008, 10:52 AM
My DH and I stayed at CBR in Nov. '05 and loved every minute of our stay. We enjoyed having b-fast in the food court each morning. It was never crowded because the resort was empty (the week before Thanksgiving). The b-fast items were just typical b-fast foods - waffles, eggs, etc.
We loved the atmosphere of the resort. Our room was a nice size and was very clean. We paid for a preferred room so we were right next to the food court area. We never had to wait long for a bus. There are several bus stops throughout the resort so there is not a long walk to a bus stop. We will stay there again one day.

mdricks
07-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Pretty much in full agreement with the above. The food was average and the resport shows its age.

That being said........
It is a fantastic place. The rooms are comfortable and Jamacia is the place to be. We were there in June/July and we almost always had the quiet pool to ourselvbes. Bus service from Jamica was right on the money. We were first on, first off although the walk across the parking lot got a little long.

The water mice are alot of fun and the pool bar is lively.

I pretty much only stay at POFQ now but thats just for the bengiets! If I had a reservation at CBR i would be doing back flips!

Dont eat at shutters unless you have to. Trust me! :sick:

MMouse6937
07-21-2008, 12:12 PM
We love CBR, it's our favorite moderate. This will be our third visit this September. The main pool is just being refurbished so I'm sure it will be wonderful. We love the ambience, it's so tropical and the grounds are so beautiful. The food court was great and had a really good selection. We had a great time, I don't think you'll be disappointed at all! Have a great time.

RBrooksC
07-21-2008, 12:59 PM
We stayed there back in 2004 for our honeymoon. We really liked it. We drove a rental car and felt that this resort was centrally located and close to each park and especially DTD.

The rooms were a nice size and Port Royale (I think that is where the shops and restaurants are) was nice and had everything we needed.

If I had to stay in a Moderate Resort again, that is most likely the one I would choose.

disney100%
07-21-2008, 01:46 PM
We love CBR. Pretty much we alternate our trips between POR and CBR. We are actually staying at CBR for our trip in October. We are looking forward to seeing the new pool area. You'll love Banana Cabana. My DH and I have enjoyed many a fruity drinks there. Of course, this time we'll be travelling with our three little ones and our nephew. We can't wait!

We always request Jamaica. It is a such a nice walk across the lake to get to Old Port Royale. If they try to put you in Trinidad South - speak up! Though it was very quiet when we stayed there, it is a hike to get to anything (of course, we were on the backside of building 39, which I think is the furthest away from anything!).

Well, I am sure you will love it. We always find the atmosphere there very festive and fun!

andreallybadeggs
07-21-2008, 02:25 PM
We really liked it too. In fact, other than the Grand Fla I think it is my husband's favorite.
Know others will think he is absolutely looney
(and they have a point) but he preferred it to
the Wilderness Lodge AND...get ready for this one... the Poly.
I KNOW, I KNOW. But he will respond that it was the best resort for $ value we've had so far at WDW. We paid one third what we'd paid for the deluxes and the accommodations were certainly not that much of a drop from the deluxes.
Honestly don't remember which building we were in -- was a little hike but not bad so doubt it was Trinidad South. The grounds are lovely; I'm sure you'll have a fabulous stay.

Imagineer1981
07-21-2008, 04:48 PM
I thought it was great. However its starting to show its age and I think carpets need to be replaced, etc

rnin02
07-21-2008, 10:08 PM
We love CBR! Our first time there we stayed in Jamaica, and I really think that's one of the best "islands" to stay at. We've only stayed at POR and AKL besides CBR, but so far CBR has the best food court, IMO. If nothing else, there's at least more room to walk around and sit than at the other two. I remember liking Shutters when we ate there, but I honestly can't tell you what we had! Its such a nice, colorful, scenic resort, really enjoyable. Take time to check out a sunrise one morning from the hammocks!

Poohmomnks
07-21-2008, 10:12 PM
:mickey:Yeah!! Thank you so much for your thoughts! :thumbsup: I'm so excited for December 12th to get here!!!

AlyceMarie03
07-22-2008, 02:54 AM
We had a Blast at CBR When we were there last year!! I agree with almost everything everyone has to say about it.

We stayed in Jamaica and We really did Love it. I felt like we were in the Tropics everyday, Hehe:) It is a very Large Resort!

You will definitely like it!:mickey:

Have fun when you go!

RAIDER
07-22-2008, 04:10 AM
No fear ...You have made the right choice with the CBR i have been their twice in early Dec and i find it one of the most relaxing wdw resorts going .The food court has plenty of choices and they have lovely private pools ...Have a lovely time :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
07-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks to the Op for posting this. September will be our first time staying at CBR, but after reading these posts I am glad that we booked this resort.

Micky Lover
07-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Gonna throw my thanks in here as well. I've been on the fence about making a reservation at CBR, but everyone's posts in this thread have made me confident that its a good choice. :)

pixiesmimi
07-23-2008, 06:56 PM
We stayed at CBR in Aug 2007 for our 38th Anniversary and I too was a little leary because of posts I had read although most of them were positive. One thing I did get from them was that we didn't want to stay in Trinidad South. I had requested Aruba. When we got there, they had booked us in Trinidad South and I told them I didn't want to stay there and it was our Anniversary. The CM said "Wait a minute" and went back somewhere and came back out and said they gave us a room in Aruba. I thanked her very much and when we got to the room found out that they had upgraded us to a King room on a corner. It was wonderful! We had a little trouble finding the room from the parking lot because the buildings and rooms are not marked very well but after walking around and around on the second floor, finally found the room. (It can be kind of confusing so make sure you get a map to where the room is located.) We ended up facing the lake and were right by the quiet pool and laundry room but never were disturbed by noise. Our room was fine and didn't show any wear and tear. It was very peaceful, especially for your anniversary without kids. We liked the food court and it wasn't very far to it or the bus stop. We never had to wait very long. It depended on what time you went down for breakfast as to whether the food court was crowded or not but I loved having the choice of foods. The theme pool was always crowded but we didn't use it. We might have if we had kids there. We will go back sometime. I think you will really enjoy it. The walk is beautiful. Explore around the Port Royal Island.

readytogo2
08-09-2008, 08:35 AM
What is wrong with Trinidad South?

PetefromRI
08-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Trinidad South is very far from everything.Some people like the peacefulness of TS but we like to be alittle closer to the action.We really love this resort,kind of a poormans Poly.We found the resort and rooms very clean and the old pool area was great.We're trying CS this time but if the pool was open in early Sept. we would probably stay at the CBR.

brewcrew26
08-09-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm sure now that they're making the rooms at Trinidad South POTC themed, they'll be in high demand and people will suddenly not mind the distance.

MuchLovedMama
08-09-2008, 06:54 PM
My hubby & I stayed there in 2000 & we didn't care for it. We thought it was run down & we didn't like the distance from the food court. Too large. We are picky though. That was our first Disney Hotel experiend & we thought it would be our last but went with the free dining & POP for our upcoming trip. Hopefully you'll like it better than we did though.

bigbabyblues
08-09-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm sure now that they're making the rooms at Trinidad South POTC themed, they'll be in high demand and people will suddenly not mind the distance.

I have a feeling you're right!

We stayed in TS on our honeymoon, and we liked it. That was before we had internet access, and I guess we didn't know it was the least desirable location.

I have a feeling we'll be staying at CBR again, probably in a pirate room. It's an extra $25 per night, but my 7 & 5 yo pirates would love it.