PDA

View Full Version : moving to Morgantown, WV

beksy
07-21-2008, 12:35 AM
In a few short weeks I am moving to Morgantown, WV to go to WVU law school. I'm scared, nervous, and excited all at the same time. Is anyone familiar with Morgantown or the area around it? I could use any information available on the area! It seems great and I have a house rented but am at a loss for food choices (both restaurants and grocery stores) and any other things that I should check out, be it stores or sight-seeing during my down-time on weekends and before school starts. TIA! :car:

TheDuckRocks
07-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Tiffany, I just wanted to say Welcome to Wild Wonderful West Virginia! I'm not to familiar with Morgantown as we live in the eastern panhaddle and have only briefly driven through there. I do know it is very beautiful country in that general area and it gets very cold in the winter. If moving to Morgantown is at all like when we moved to WV 5 years ago you are going to love it and the wonderful warm, kind and friendly people that live here.

elmjimmlm
07-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Morgantown is a great place...We are about 4-5 hours away and have been there several times...My niece is in her sophomore year there...If you are familiar with Kroger then you know about the grocery store...As far as restaurants go they have all of the choices that you want...Eat and Park is a good place to go...My DS loves this when they go to a game...Since you are going to WVU then you have to love the Mountaineers...right?

beksy
07-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the replies! I love the area and am really looking forward to living there but was finding it hard to find much info other than on WVU. Go Mountaineers!!:number1: