PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Find The Value Of These?

Marla
07-20-2008, 10:13 PM
I have two very old ceramic pieces that I would love to know the value of. Both pieces are stamped with JAPAN on the bottoms. Okay the first piece, was my Great-Aunt's. I got it from her when I was about 10 and I am now 52. It is a ceramic Pluto. He is in a sitting position, and tends to be a bit top heavy as his head sets him off balance. He is orange, with a red collar and black ears, eyes and nose. The condition of his paint is not very good. The other I found in a antique shop in Portland. The owner of the shop believed it dates back to the late thirties. I question the date as it is Tinker Bell. She is sitting on a stool with one hand on the stool and one on her knee. One of her legs are slightly raised and her toes are pointed like a ballerina. She has brown hair, blue tipped wings, a yellow dress and gold shoes. The stool is also trimmed in gold. She is in very good condition, her paint is bright and has abosolutely no chips. So, does anyone know what the value would be on these pieces? I have always wondered and have never been able to find them listed any where.:pluto::tink:

carley
07-20-2008, 11:07 PM
i have a collector price guide book i use
do you have a digital camera and can take a pic of them i can look to see if they are in the book and if they are i can give u a ball park figure

Marla
07-27-2008, 12:34 PM
:tink:Thank you carley! I do have a digital camera. I have never tried to post a picture, but there is always a first time. Wish me luck.:tink: