PDA

View Full Version : We aren't getting to go on our trip

Bethis26fan
07-20-2008, 09:21 PM
We had to cancel our trip. We were taking our nephew we were 47 days out ADR's were booked, MNSSHP tickets were bought, and now it's done. My nephew is terrified of everything right now fireworks, water, even the hair dryer and we don't see it getting better in the next 6 weeks. So with only 2 adults and him we figured it would be better to not do disney and do something local with him. I'm really bummed, but if you could have saw him even watch the planning dvd how scarded he was you would understand. The CM we talked to told us we could sell our MNSSHP tickets or give them away we just coulnd't get a refund. (which we knew) So we are going to sell them on ebay and hope that we can get something for them. We are hoping to get it worked out to go with his parents and us so that atleast we can use baby swap when he's scared. I just thought I would share the bad news with my fellow intercot family. You know how i'm feeling. So here's to another trip happing soon.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-20-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm so sorry you had to cancel. How old is the little guy? It's great that you decided to do something local with him though. I'm sure it was a hard decision to make. Keep showing him the planning videos and maybe he'll get used to everything and you'll be able to go soon.

When was your trip for? I have friends that are going to be there Sept 20-24 and Sept 20-27 and they haven't bought tickets. I don't know if it's something they are interested in but if your tickets are for any time within that time frame I could ask them.

princessgirls
07-20-2008, 10:08 PM
You guys are great people to put your nephew's needs before your own.

I'm sure something good will come out of this situation.

Julie:mickey:

Bethis26fan
07-20-2008, 10:18 PM
He's 4. The tickets were for sept 9th. lol thanks He controls our world lol from the day he was born he's had us wrapped around his finger.

disneylovinmom
07-20-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm sorry you can't go. It is so nice though that you are thinking of him first. I have seen many people forcing little ones to do things when they are scared and you know that just can't be fun for anyone involved. Maybe next year.

Young@Heart
07-21-2008, 02:03 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. :(
You sound like wonderful people to put your nephew's needs first.:mickey: Maybe when he's a little older he'll be in a position to enjoy it.

Bethis26fan
07-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Well now we are going back lol. I'm going to go go crazy before this trip happens. We are shorting the trip and still taking him. He keeps talking about going so we are just going for 5 nights with only 4 days in the park a day at each park. The bad side is we lost or free dinning, but it's ok atleast we are going again.

Any tips how to help a 4 year old get over a fear of everything. lol

Tick-Tock
07-22-2008, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't try to fit a different park into each day, especially with his fears (pushing him into new situations each day will just make things difficult - plus it's very tiring!). He'll probably be most interested in MK, anyway - and maybe being there one day will help him be less scared the next.

judoma
07-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Hi Beth, What a flip flop! It's great that you have now decided to go. What a shame that you lost your free dining. For what it's worth, I would "fight" to get the free dining back. If you can manage to get a supervisor on the phone at the call center and explain the situtation, maybe they can pull some strings for you. The folks at the call center will tell you that they can't make an exception like this which is true, however the supervisor knows who to contact to get the okay to give your free dining back.

Good luck!:mickey:

Bethis26fan
07-22-2008, 04:16 PM
MK is going to be or first park. Plus we are going to take long breaks. We aren't going to force him on anything. It's just strange how his fears dev. This will be his 3 time there. He's going to direct the trip.

Mousemates
07-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Glad your getting to go....hope things are magical for you all.

brownie
07-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Good luck! I'm glad your going to be able to go. Things may be better when you're there, so here's hoping you have a great trip!

Bethis26fan
07-24-2008, 03:51 PM
I never would have thought this would happen but today we got or orignal reservation back. We were having a hard time getting our money back. We were told one thing then the money was coming back a diffrent way a way we couldn't get it due to not having the card anymore. The CM my cousin talked with just ended up giving us our original reservations with free dining. So that's awesome. This trip is going to turn my blonde hair gray lol.

On a side not about Logan, one of his fears is water and he took his first shower last night, his mom is working with him. We are going to take the planning dvd down with us when we go for a visit this weekend so he can start watching it trying to get use to it. We think some of his fears are also related to him becoming a big brother 3 weeks ago. He went from having all attetion on him to having to share it. So when we are at disney it will be all about him so we hope that will help.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Great!