PDA

View Full Version : New Theme Park Magazine.

caryrae
07-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Called "Orlando Attrations Magazine" you can find by doing a search of course.

I put this in the Mousellaneous but thought it would fit better here since it has Disney Park info in it and to let more people know about since this is the busiest section and we miss the Disney Magazine.

I just read about this Magazine on Wikipedia. It is pretty new came out end of last year. So far it released 4 issues which 3 volumes can be bought on their website (all but the very 1st issue).

From the orlando attrations magazine webpage.

A new issue of Orlando Attractions Magazine is released six times a year, each filled with an exciting new look at Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, SeaWorld, and all other Orlando-area attractions. Our first four issues include articles featuring Epcot's 25th Anniversary, Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary, SeaWorld's Aquatica, The Simpsons Ride, Toy Story Mania, Jungala at Busch Gardens, and more!

This is what I saw on wikipedia when I did a search for Disney Magazine.

In 2007, a new magazine called Orlando Attractions Magazine launched in response to many fans missing Disney Magazine. This new publication claims to pick up where Disney Magazine left off in both style and content. In addition to covering Disney-related topics, Orlando Attractions Magazine also covers Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, and all other attractions local to the Orlando-area, branching out as far as Tampa's Busch Gardens.

DisneyBunch
07-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Why did Disney ever stop producing its magazine? We always looked forward to the new issues.:confused:

caryrae
07-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Why did Disney ever stop producing its magazine? We always looked forward to the new issues.:confused:

This is what Wikipedia said but who knows how true it is.

In 2005 publication ceased abruptly, with subscribers able to change their subscriptions to either FamilyFun or Disney Adventures, or taking a refund. The Magazine's website says that the end was due to an increase of people choosing to find information on the Internet, and thus lack of readership.

Camping Mom
07-20-2008, 09:01 PM
But the internet doesn't have the stories that the magazine had!! I remember getting our last copy and it saying that it was the last one. I was so upset. I LOVED that magazine.

The Disney Channel also used to have a show called "Disney Inside Out" that we loved to watch because after the first time we went, it was a way to revisit Disney every week. I wish they still had something like that, too!

BMan62
07-20-2008, 09:30 PM
There is a new publication coming from Celebrations Press is September that might fill the void. People like Lou Mongello (WDW Trivia), Steve Barrett (Hidden Mickey Guides), Tim Foster (Guide To The Magic), etc. are involved in bringing it out. Preview looks interesting.

caryrae
07-20-2008, 09:36 PM
There is a new publication coming from Celebrations Press is September that might fill the void. People like Lou Mongello (WDW Trivia), Steve Barrett (Hidden Mickey Guides), Tim Foster (Guide To The Magic), etc. are involved in bringing it out. Preview looks interesting.

That sounds like it could be neat. You will have to keep us posted.

One thing I liked about the Orlando Attractions Magazine is not only do you get news on Disney but the other Theme Parks in the area, Universal, Sea World, water parks, ect.

Young@Heart
07-21-2008, 01:11 AM
The Disney Channel also used to have a show called "Disney Inside Out" that we loved to watch because after the first time we went, it was a way to revisit Disney every week. I wish they still had something like that, too!

We loved this, too!
I miss all the WDW things we used to catch on TV. Other than the travel channel shows, it's hard to find them.
It would be great to see a new publication about the parks (and even resorts)! :mickey:

Melanie
07-21-2008, 03:35 AM
Since you did post in Mousellaneous as well, and it does fit better there, I'm going to close this and direct all responses to the Mouse thread. :mickey:

Sort of a replacement for the Disney Magazine (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=138205)