PDA

View Full Version : HELP!My cat's paw is swolen!

disneycutie165
07-20-2008, 05:21 PM
My cat, Hunter, came into our garage with a swolen back paw! There is no blood, so nothing like a thorn bush or another cat could have gotten him. The bottom is red, like it's irritated. And he keeps licking it, like it itches. He will go to the vet soon, but in the meantime, what do you think it could be?

jrkcr
07-20-2008, 09:04 PM
It could be a lot of things. I think he needs a vet to say for sure.
Could be a bite-spider or snake, a cut that has gotten infected-who knows what kitties get into! I'd get him checked out!

Pixie Dust!! :pixie::cat:

AdventurelandTikiGirl
07-20-2008, 09:50 PM
I always err on the side of caution when dealing with kitty injuries and illness, especially since they often hide the fact that there's anything wrong. Definitely get your cat checked out.

More :pixie: :pixie: for kitty!

RenDuran
07-21-2008, 06:59 AM
If you can easily see that his paw is swollen, you probably need to take him now. It could be an abscess...which probably wouldn't show any blood, because it's all plugged up making a nice juicy abscess.

(When I worked at a vet's office, I loved working on those! I was always amazed at how much crud could be hiding out under the skin.)

MsMin
07-21-2008, 08:13 AM
We think our little Max stepped on a caterpillar last spring. His foot was red and swollen. Our vet asked why we didn't put tape on it to pull out the spines. You never know what those little guys can get into. Those he's not a cat, Yorkies get into all sorts of trouble like swatting bees b/c of their cat like behaviors since they are ratters.
I think its best to check it out. It's always best to take care of those things sooner than later. If you can't make it sometimes a call will help. It could be so many things from glass in the paw to a nail problem, bites, allergy (many pups get allergies w/ their feet first I don't know about cats)
:pixie: for the little one. Let us know what you find...

disneycutie165
07-24-2008, 10:06 AM
We found out what happen to Hunter finally! We took him to the vet(he needed a check-up anyway)and he knew what it was automatically! His foot did get stung by a wasp. Cats try to get anything that moves, so I guess he saw the wasp and just tryed to catch him. But with two days of rest, he is fine now. He is a little ditzy because of the medication. But the little kitty's all better!:cat:

MsMin
07-24-2008, 10:45 AM
So glad your kitty is on the mend... :cat: