PDA

View Full Version : Which non-existent ride did you like better?

kbean
07-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Two rides that I really miss at Epcot is the Horizons and the old Wheels of Motion. And I know alot of the old schoolers out there miss them too. But which one do you really miss the most? I had to go with WoM.

GrmGrninGost
07-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Tough call, but I voted Horizons!

Polynesian Dweller
07-20-2008, 04:23 PM
I would have liked to vote for both in a tie. But I went with WoM because it left before I had a chance for a last ride.

TexasPrincessAurora
07-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Maybe it's because it has been gone longer, but World of Motion is the one I really miss. Fun music!

PetefromRI
07-20-2008, 06:08 PM
I couldn't really vote because I miss them both equally.Those are the attractions that made Disney special and different from other theme parks.I think that they should build a theme park with just thrill rides and leave the good attractions alone.

VolMickey
07-20-2008, 07:05 PM
World of Motion, fer sure. Like, it was so boss in the 80s, you know?

Vito
07-21-2008, 03:03 AM
These were my first two Disney attrations ever. Epcot was my first park. It's a tough call between the two, each had a different feel, and had their own positives.

World (not Wheels ;) ) of Motion felt more retro to me. I loved the part that would spiral up outside the building in front giving you a view of Spaceship Earth and the rest of the park. The music was fun, and had some fun humorous scenes.

Horizons had the unique overhead supported ride system, and a nice progression of interesting scenes.

I don't even think I can vote, it's a tie in my mind. I miss them both so much, and as much as I love Test Track and Mission Space, I wish the old attractions could have stayed along with the new.

4ubie1
07-21-2008, 09:49 AM
This is sooo not a fair poll!! I loved both rides and wish they were still around. So i ended up just picking one, but I love both equally. I really hope Disney produces more rides like these two. Sortof the slow story-telling type..ya know?:D

spiderkd
07-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Horizons, but only just and only because I got to pick our journey "home". I really loved the outside bit of WOM at the very start, the view was pretty cool at night as I recall.

Imagineer1981
07-21-2008, 10:52 AM
I picked World of Motion...I love cars!

JasonH
07-21-2008, 11:03 AM
This one I almost didn't vote for b/c I loved and miss them both equally. I only voted for WOM for the simple fact to try to keep it even with Horizons. :thumbsup: Both were outstanding rides and thankfully I have a master copy(meaning no background noise from people or ride track if there ever was any) of the ride soundtrack for WOM and a master copy of the music only for Horizons. I'm hoping I can find a program that allows me to split apart mp3 files to where I can isolate the narration for Horizons and then add it into the copy of the music I have, kind of like making my own master copy so to speak. :cool: On a side note too, Horizons was one of the first rides I encountered that used smells along with it. Who could forget the smell of oranges when you were going through the orange grove scene. :tasty::cloud9: I still say they should have had a stand at the end of Horizons that sold orange drinks/snacks. I definitely would've bought something!! :D

RBrooksC
07-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Both were nice rides... however, I like what is there now.

CU Tiger
07-21-2008, 12:23 PM
I went for Wheels, but it was almost a tie for me. :mickey:

Mickey91
07-21-2008, 02:39 PM
I voted World of Motion but it was a tie.

AdventurelandTikiGirl
07-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Boy, I miss retro Epcot! I voted for Horizons because of....choose your own ending....the orange smell

dixielandings
07-22-2008, 05:03 PM
I miss them both so much - but Horizons has always been my favorite E attraction. This poll has me depressed...sigh...

jennsky
07-22-2008, 06:16 PM
For those of you that miss World of Motion, do a search on youTube for "Disney World of Motion". I've posted a video of it from around 1989. Enjoy!

Arnold Simba
07-23-2008, 12:09 AM
Horizons was the best, but World Of Motion was cool as well. Watching and listening back to the footage I shot, I really liked the upbeat guy's voice in WOM. "They invented ... THE WHEEL!" lol

This reminds me: One year while at Epcot's Guest Relations, a Disney Supervisor (?) asked me if I would mind sharing my thoughts about DisneyWorld. He handed me a small micro-cassette recorder, told me to go around DisneyWorld and put my thoughts on tape, and when I was done to hand it in to Guest Relations at any of the Parks. He told me Disney Management would listen to it later and take my observations under consideration. Man, this was like a dream come true! Have my thoughts on tape for all of Disney to hear! lol Possibly dangerous! lol I think the cassette had 30 minutes on each side, and let me tell you gang, I filled up the whole tape! lol I gave observations, suggestions, even interviewed a cast member at one of the eateries. In addition, I "auditioned" for a job with Disney: I did impressions (James Cagney meets Mufasa from "The Lion King"), sang a song ("The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh" - great Disney film). But 99% of the tape was ideas and observations. My BIGGEST suggestion was to bring back Horizons and World Of Motion.

I had such a great time doing that tape - I always wondered if they ever listened to it. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall of the room if they did! lol :D

amd780
07-23-2008, 03:01 PM
I honestly couldn't choose one or the other. I loved them both, and wish they were still around! :mickey:

Coolwench
07-23-2008, 10:55 PM
I have to go with Wheels of Motion. It was the one I remember the most.:mickey:

MickeysEars
07-23-2008, 11:39 PM
I never got to ride either and it makes me a little sad. I know the world is always changing but i wish there was a way to still experience them.

AdventurerKim
07-24-2008, 05:34 PM
It's really a tie for me, but I voted for World of Motion. I miss them both. :(

Mousemates
07-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Horizons...mainly because I don't even remember wheels of motion...must have been an attraction during a long "out of disney period" in the 80s.

dsnyfan001
07-25-2008, 07:48 AM
I so miss Horizons! I miss the smell of oranges!! lol That was the ride I always remembered since I was a child!!!:mickey:

KAJUNKING
07-25-2008, 12:46 PM
horizons for me although it was a tough one