PDA

View Full Version : Headless Horseman at MNSSHP

Jeri Lynn
07-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Hi everyone,
My sister and I have been to the Halloween party three times and will be going again this year. I have not figured out the best way to tackle the party yet...for the most part we always start over in Adventureland and Liberty Square and then seem to get stuck in that area for the evening...

We want to see those area's and the headless horseman but also want to make it to Tomorrowland and Mickey's toontown area.

We don't need to see the first parade but we do want to see the fireworks and the last parade...

Any expert advice??

Thanks!

DANAM
07-20-2008, 12:40 PM
I am pretty sure the train is running that night. Why don't you hop on the train and head to Mickey's Toon Town.

kbean
07-20-2008, 04:03 PM
What's the Horseman's path????

disneycutie165
07-20-2008, 05:02 PM
The horseman comes down MainStreet, then turns off in to a corner somewhere. If you want to take a picture, make it fast!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-20-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure people are understanding your question correctly. I don't think you mean you are stuck on that side because of the parade but rather that you just seem to stay on that side and don't leave it? Is that correctly interpreting the question? Do you just want to maximize your party time and want to know exactly what is going on during the party?

Main Street Jim
07-20-2008, 10:47 PM
I am pretty sure the train is running that night.The train does not run during any after-normal-hours parties or events (MNSSHP, PPP, MVMCP, etc.) due to the perimeter fireworks. The last trip for the train is at park close, which is usually 7:00pm on those evenings.

The horseman comes down MainStreet, then turns off in to a corner somewhere.The Horseman follows the entire parade route; he does not "turn off into a corner somwhere"...

If you want to see the Horseman, he makes his run before each parade starts (there's usually two parades at each MNSSHP). The *coolest* place to watch him and his horse is through Liberty Square, especially from the Liberty Bell side of the square, with the Haunted Mansion in the background.

*****SPOILER BELOW!!******

By the way...the horse's name is Ike, and he's been making the Headless Horseman run for the past twelve years. The Horseman cannot see all that great out of that costume, so Ike is the one who REALLY has to make the run on his own :D Ike is something like 17 hands high (average horse is about 14-16 hands); he's HUGE! Make sure to keep your feet out of the street when the Horseman runs!

Jeri Lynn
07-21-2008, 06:44 AM
Your right Kathy, my question was completely different in my mind then it came out on the board!! I guess you can say my mind is always going in different directions!!:blush::blush:

We have always seen the headless horseman in Liberty Square and tend to end up staying in that area due to the parade and fireworks and I feel as if we are not making the most of the party because we pretty much stay in that one area.

I was not sure of the headless horseman's route and I was wondering if we could be on the opposite side of Main Street, perhaps near the Rose Gardens and still see him ride, that way we could skip over to Tomorrowland and Toontown without getting stuck in parade traffic.

We will want to see the fireworks and have no problem waiting to see the last parade.

Imagineer1981
07-21-2008, 11:20 AM
*****SPOILER BELOW!!******

By the way...the horse's name is Ike, and he's been making the Headless Horseman run for the past twelve years. The Horseman cannot see all that great out of that costume, so Ike is the one who REALLY has to make the run on his own :D Ike is something like 17 hands high (average horse is about 14-16 hands); he's HUGE! Make sure to keep your feet out of the street when the Horseman runs!

He also rides the route by himself...the rider does not steer him at all

DDuck66
07-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Your right Kathy, my question was completely different in my mind then it came out on the board!! I guess you can say my mind is always going in different directions!!:blush::blush:

We have always seen the headless horseman in Liberty Square and tend to end up staying in that area due to the parade and fireworks and I feel as if we are not making the most of the party because we pretty much stay in that one area.

I was not sure of the headless horseman's route and I was wondering if we could be on the opposite side of Main Street, perhaps near the Rose Gardens and still see him ride, that way we could skip over to Tomorrowland and Toontown without getting stuck in parade traffic.

We will want to see the fireworks and have no problem waiting to see the last parade.
You could watch from there, but I am not sure how good the view would be with all of the people lined up in front of you. We have started waiting for the 2nd parade every year because a lot of the crowds disappear after the fireworks. We can usually pick our own spot if we wait until the 2nd parade.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Here's how I completed all of the events and treat trails at MNSSHP.

Start in Toontown, that's where the most candy is at as well as the most characters. Wait to see the second parade and use the time during the first parade to get the candy and characters. Then watch the fireworks from Main Street, and wait for the second parade to start. You will see the Horseman come down about 10-15 minutes prior to the parade. He is extremely fast.

After the parade, there should be the stage show with Maleficent. Very interesting and a little bit risque if you ask me. Much more geared at adults, but not inappropriate. Then you will have the rest of the night to finish off whatever you missed.

Hayden's Dad
07-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Where do the villians meet after the show?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Right in front of the Castle stage.

They don't sign autographs, only photos. But they are a lot of fun to meet.

You might need to see two shows to get them all as the lines get very long, very quickly.

Of course, with Hayden, you might be able to explain and see if the villains will agree to be nice for once and do something special!