PDA

View Full Version : 3yr old b-day ideas in Disneyland?

tdhiatt
07-19-2008, 09:55 PM
We are taking my son to Disneyland mid November for his birhtday. He will turn 3 where can we celebrate? Its only him, my husband and I, so nothing huge.
Thanks

TexasPrincessAurora
07-19-2008, 10:19 PM
I would suggest a character meal. We did the ones at the PCH Grill at PPH, Storytellers Cafe at GCH and Goofy's Kitchen at DLH. They are all amazing...the characters really interact and take time with the kids. I would recommend going either early in the serving time or towards the end when it is less crowded. He will get even more interaction that way. Let them know when making the reservation that it is your DS's birthday. You can also order a "birthday bucket". (This is something I wish they would implement at WDW!) They have different character buckets...Pooh, Sorcerer Mickey, Buzz I think. Seems like they are maybe $15...they have a cute cake in the top of a take home keepsake bucket. Then the bucket has a stuffed character, a birthday button and a few other neat things. Also be sure he gets a birthday button from Guest Services when in the parks. He will get lots of birthday wishes that way.

Vito
07-23-2008, 05:44 AM
Also be sure he gets a birthday button from Guest Services when in the parks. He will get lots of birthday wishes that way.
Yup, definitely do this. Just go into City Hall at Disneyland (as you enter the park on the left right as you pass under the Main St station tunnels).

Tell them it's his birthday and he'll get a pin/button with his name on it. He'll also get some birthday wishes from Goofy on the Birthday phone, and CMs (and DL guests) will be giving him Birthday wishes all day! :D He may even get bonus stickers and stuff like that from CMs and/or the YOMD CMs.

SebastiansDisneyMama
07-29-2008, 06:46 PM
If you are staying on the Disney Property be sure and tell the hotel (before you arrive) that it's his Birthday. On my sons second they made a big deal when we got to the hotel he got a gift bag. A special birthday button you can have engraved with his name, stickers all kinds of things. We also called guest services and had a gift basket put in our room! Very cool for him to walk in the door to find a present. With ears, candy, a whirly light thing and a stuffed mickey. AND Definatly get the sticker from city hall! While I'm thinking about it we called Goofey's Kitchen in advance and they had a cake and balloons for him and all the characters got together and san happy Birthday (well the staff sang) He was so excited he is almost 4 and still talking about that trip!