PDA

View Full Version : best path to Ohana?

5togetherWDW
07-19-2008, 08:40 PM
This summer, I will be taking my family to the Ohana character breakfast for the first time. We have never been inside the Poly -- and are unsure of the best way to get there with two wheelchairs. I was planning to take the monorail over from the TTC, as we have for Chef Mickeys -- but, a friend suggested walking is actually quicker. She went only with another able-bodied adult and couldn't remember path details. So, does anyone here know -- is it really faster to walk from the TTC -- even with two wheelchairs?

ElenitaB
07-19-2008, 08:56 PM
We've never had the occasion to walk over to the Poly from the TTC, but I have used the monorail with my ECV. I would suggest walking over, as you'd get a nice view of the resort that you don't get otherwise, but leave yourself enough time and take the weather into account as well.

Polynesian Dweller
07-19-2008, 10:16 PM
The path is on the extreme left side (west) of the Ticket windows at the TTC and is marked to the Polynesian. It is paved all the way so no issues for wheelchairs. We always walk in and highly recommend the trip through the grounds.

There are signs leading to the Great Ceremonial House. Its actually hard to miss. Take any path in and you'll run into the Tokelau building. Go to the left (south) side of Tokelau and take the path around it and past the quiet pool. As you are going by the quiet pool, take the left branch and it will lead you right to the GCH.

Once there, there are elevators beside the registration desks in the NE corner that will take you up to Ohana.

Hope you have a great time.

MsMin
07-20-2008, 10:30 AM
WE walked once with two strollers in July, many years ago and we said never again. It was very hot ,even very early, which made the path seem so much longer.

DawsonAR
07-20-2008, 02:50 PM
I would take the monorail if I were you. The path is nice, but long and then you must wait your turn for two small elavators. If you take the monorail, you will be upstairs where you will need to be. Have fun!

Polynesian Dweller
07-20-2008, 09:17 PM
For some reason, the Polynesian always seems to inflate peoples' ideas of distance. The distances just aren't that great and I've measured many with a GPS just to check over the years.

Just for the record, from where the path starts at the TTC to the east doors of the Great Ceremonial House is about 275yds following the path. It can be slightly longer or shorter depending on the branch of the path you take.

Its just not that long a distance but they give you the impression it is. That's part of magic, giving the sense of a rambling polynesian landscape when it really isn't.

Marilyn Michetti
08-02-2008, 01:04 PM
The path to get into the building with ECV's and WC's is kind of up-hill just before the door, then you have to take an elevator up to the main floor.

I'd go with the monorail. You get off, and you're there.:thumbsup: