PDA

View Full Version : Depressed after trip

poohbearfan
07-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Does anyone else get very downtrodden after they return home from WDW?:(

I mean really depressed here, not just after vacation blahs!!

I don't understand it, but boy I just get so down after the trip is over. I don't know if it because I never know when I am going back or just because I am so in love with WDW!!!

Help!!!:confused:

Daisy'sMom
07-19-2008, 07:32 PM
I get depressed every time we leave WDW and we live only 70 miles away. Today we went to the Marketplace to shop a bit and get a quick Disney fix, I was sad all the way home.

Marilyn Michetti
07-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Oh, it's a bit of a letdown, but after the trip, we' ve got Christmas in 10 days, then New Years, then.......(yada, yada). The year goes by so quickly, with so much in between, that I know we'll be there in a "blink".:D

Goofeygal
07-19-2008, 08:56 PM
I also get very depressed when we leave WDW. My DH says I need to find a disney 12 step program LOL.

ibrowse17
07-19-2008, 11:56 PM
I get that kicked in the gut feeling everytime I am driving south on World Drive and starting the drive home. It seems to get worse each time also...

Young@Heart
07-20-2008, 02:38 AM
I can relate! I hate the feeling of returning home after a trip to WDW. :( At least this year we're planning a trip to Cape Cod right after we return, but it's not much consolation. I'm hoping it will help to know we'll be back in just over a year, but I doubt it will help that much.

Ropachs
07-20-2008, 09:54 AM
We're going in October and I can already feel that awful feeling when I just think about leaving on 10/28! This time we're pretty sure we'll be going back in 2011, I have to consider us lucky to go once every 3 years or so!

caryrae
07-20-2008, 10:24 AM
I know the day we leave to fly home I keep hoping the car will have a mind of it's own and it will turn around and go back to WDW. Then for next couple weeks I say stuff like just think 2 days ago we were walking down Main Street. Really hard the day after a Disney trip, I say just yesterday we were sitting having a sundae in DTD.:(

Vito
07-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Just reading this thread depresses me!!

Yes, I get almost physically sick when we have to leave. I start to get that feeling before the trip is even over. The last couple of days it starts to hit me, and I think about all the things I still want to cram in and realize that even if we were spending a month there I wouldn't be satisfied.

Honestly, what helps me a lot, perhaps strangely, is listening to music from the parks. Looking at pictures too. The music especially, ride audio, soundtracks, stuff like that. It takes away that sick feeling.

For me, that last day of the trip, and the trip home are the worst. After a few days of settling back into the normal routine it gets better. Thinking about all the fun things we did and looking and pictures and listening to Disney songs helps me a lot though.

And of course you have to stay positive and know that you'll be going back again eventually. :mickey:

poohbearfan
07-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Yes, on the trip in May I bought the Four Parks One World CD. I didn't even open it until about 2 weeks ago. When the Main Street USA theme started playing my eyes welled up.

I am such a baby, I swear!!! However, the more I listened to it the more it made me smile. I felt like Scarlett in GWTW, - I'm going back to WDW, if I have to lie, steal, ..... no no just kidding, but I did smile and say to myself Oh I am going back, no doubt about it.

WDW&MK
07-20-2008, 12:45 PM
I have a hard time with this too!! On our last full day at WDW we go to the MK. When we head for the exit to leave for the day, my DH takes me to the circle at the front of Main Street and we turn around and look at the Castle and kind of say "good bye" til we come back again. Then I am teary-eyed all the way back to the resort. We always go to Disney Hollywood Studios for our last partial day where we only get a few hours in the park before heading for the airport. I don't think I could handle MK on the day we leave - way too sad:(.
DH always tells me we're coming back, so don't get too sad. But it's really hard to leave! Leaving the park for the last time and going to the airport is always the worst!! Getting home and back into the routine helps. And then you have to start planning the next trip to WDW :mickey:

Not2Loud
07-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Its almost like leaving home. I think those of us who "get" Disney, it just becomes part of you.

I would love to stay for a month at Fort Wilderness. I work for myself, so I might just do it sometime - but it would be hard since my DD5 starts kindergarten in a few weeks....

Mousemates
07-24-2008, 10:30 AM
I can relate....returning to TRW (the real world) after a week at WDW is no fun.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Since we only go every 3 years it is extremely depressing leaving the world:sadwave:

diz_girl
07-24-2008, 11:23 AM
The last couple of days it starts to hit me, and I think about all the things I still want to cram in and realize that even if we were spending a month there I wouldn't be satisfied.

I thought that I was the only one who did that. I usually relax the first part of the trip, then when I get to the half-way point I start to mentally check off the days and start getting a little sad towards the end of the trip. I usually get pretty bummed by the time I drive away.

What helps me is that I start planning my next trip by the time I leave the current trip. I think about where I want to stay, what I missed this trip that I'll do next time, where I want to eat, etc. And then I'm on Intercot constantly during the time in-between.

WDW is like crack, we're junkies and we have to get our fix. I have only 129 days until I get my next one. Woohoo!

IamBelle
07-24-2008, 06:12 PM
On my last trip i got depressed even before leaving florida! we were on the magical express and they were playing the goodbye video. it was my first time seeing the video, so when they started to sing the mickey mouse song very slow, i was holding back tears. before we left the airport, i went to the bathroom and started bawling my eyes out! i was a blubbering mess, and i was so embarrased!

Vito
07-25-2008, 12:38 AM
On my last trip i got depressed even before leaving florida! we were on the magical express and they were playing the goodbye video. it was my first time seeing the video, so when they started to sing the mickey mouse song very slow, i was holding back tears. before we left the airport, i went to the bathroom and started bawling my eyes out! i was a blubbering mess, and i was so embarrased!Aww, you shouldn't be embarrassed. Besides, it helps to let it out rather than holding it in.

While I don't think I ever cried leaving WDW, I've definitely felt like it at times ;)

MushuGrl
07-25-2008, 02:14 PM
OMG it's so good to be with people that get it. I did the same thing my last trip, IamBelle. We were in such a rush to get back to the hotel from the parks to catch our bus that I didn't get my usual "OMG I'M LEAVING GOODBYE MK!" cry in a Magic Kingdom, so we're on the bus and THAT starts and...my sister and I look at each other and our lips are QUIVERING.

I did better this trip about not being REALLY depressed, but the time before I couldn't come to Intercot for MONTHS because I was so sad!

DisneyWhirled
07-25-2008, 03:09 PM
I feel the exact same way! In fact, the day before we LEAVE for vacation, I start thinking how quickly it will be over and the blues kicking back in. DH thinks I am nuts :)

dixiepixie
07-25-2008, 03:42 PM
I feel all of your pain! The first time my husband and I went I cried my eyes out when we crossed under the gate leaving. He assured me we'd be back. This last trip we went to California Grill for dinner on our last night and watched Wishes. I cried so hard I had to leave the table when it was over and go wipe mascara off my face. I guess the fact that we love it so much makes it all that much more magical when we do get to go though. I spend lots of time listening to park music and planning the next trip when I'm not there.

mouseketeer mom
07-25-2008, 04:17 PM
I also get very depressed when we leave WDW. My DH says I need to find a disney 12 step program LOL.

Thats so funny! When I've gone to meets, my DH says I'm going to my MA meetings. (mouse anonymous!!!) HA!

Tink#64
07-25-2008, 06:26 PM
I feel the exact same way! In fact, the day before we LEAVE for vacation, I start thinking how quickly it will be over and the blues kicking back in. DH thinks I am nuts :)

:ditto: I always get sad the last evening of our trip & try to make the absolute most of the last day knowing that it's our last night & that tomorrow's the last day of our vacation, & not knowing when we'll be back for sure!We always make a big deal of everyone saying goodbye to the Castle on the last day & godbye to the resort when we leave! I'm sure to everyone that isn't a Disneyaholic - that's just plain weird! I'm usually so sad when we get home that I don't even want to get on Intercot for a few weeks! :blush:

poohbearfan
07-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Wow, great to be among so many who feel the same as I do. Thanks for all of your replies!!

I notice that several of you mentioned that you say goodbye to the Castle on your last day. I just don't think I could do that!! MK is my absolute favorite, it is the first park we go to when we are there, but I don't think I could make it the last one! I actually tried it this last trip in May. We went over to MK after Epcot closed (MK was open until 12:00 am) on Sat. night. We rode just a few rides and were leaving as Spectro was going on. We had to wait for the parade to end before we could cross the street (Frontierland). As I was standing there, the music just filled my heart, and I started to cry. It was like leaving an old friend. I refused to look at the castle as we were leaving, it was just too darn painful!:(

cinderellabelle
08-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Does anyone else get very downtrodden after they return home from WDW?:(

I mean really depressed here, not just after vacation blahs!!

I don't understand it, but boy I just get so down after the trip is over. I don't know if it because I never know when I am going back or just because I am so in love with WDW!!!

Help!!!:confused:

I thought i was the only one i am always so upset the last time i had 2 days left i was so sad idk if im too obsessed or it just happens 2 everyone AT LEAST SOME1 gets it!! i have WDWOCD

CanadianWDWFan
08-20-2008, 08:03 AM
We too get a bit depressed when we leave. What we do is start planning the next trip on the way home. This helps us out!

Diznee4Me
08-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Oh, it's a bit of a letdown, but after the trip, we' ve got Christmas in 10 days, then New Years, then.......(yada, yada). The year goes by so quickly, with so much in between, that I know we'll be there in a "blink".:D

That's kind of how I feel. We are depressed of course about leaving but when we leave WDW, the holidays are soon to follow. Aftet the first of the year we look forward to a spring beak closer to home, but by then it is six months and counting to the next trip. :D

The year - years - are beginning to fly by!:(