PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs Officially SOLD OUT !

Ed
07-19-2008, 04:08 PM
According to Jim Lewis (President of DVC), as of this past weekend DVC has now sold all existing inventory at SSR! :thumbsup:

Could that possibly mean that we'll be seeing sales of the under-construction Bay Lake Towers memberships soon?? :confused:

Stay tuned............

:cool:

pixie897
07-19-2008, 04:43 PM
OH MY GOD LET'S HOPE SO!!!!! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
07-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Very cool about SSR. Cooler about the possibilities of Lake Towers! :mickey:

thumperbug
07-20-2008, 08:13 PM
So, does this mean that the only available memberships are for the AKV? I know Disney has the first right of refusal when someone goes to sell their ownership. Does DVC have any re-sell inventory? Just curious. While I am a proud SSR owner (bought before it was even open) I would love to have ownership in another resort to enjoy the 11 month window. Its getting ridiculous trying to get anything at the 7 month mark at non-home resorts.

Thanks!

DVC Mike
07-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Does DVC have any re-sell inventory?

Yes, you can add-on points at any DVC resort.

lockedoutlogic
07-22-2008, 08:18 PM
true...saratoga has probably sold it's initial amount of purchase agreements.....

but i think this statement is misleading.....

you can get thousands....if not tens of thousands of points through third party resale to saratoga right now.....i would imagine that disney is sitting on quite a large pile itself.....

i'm guessing that no more than 80 percent of the points are currently owned and in use......

and if serious economy troubles happen....that will go up.....

...i personally wish i hadn't bought mine.....and would have rather bought okw or beach club resale.....a concept that i balked at just a couple of years ago....

the difficulty in getting anything at 7 months makes the ownership not what it should be....

hopefully that will smooth out in the future

xipetotec
07-23-2008, 04:20 PM
So, does this mean that the only available memberships are for the AKV? I know Disney has the first right of refusal when someone goes to sell their ownership. Does DVC have any re-sell inventory? Just curious. While I am a proud SSR owner (bought before it was even open) I would love to have ownership in another resort to enjoy the 11 month window. Its getting ridiculous trying to get anything at the 7 month mark at non-home resorts.

Thanks!

Yes, whenever Disney exercises ROFR, the points go back into their inventory. You can ask your guide what other resorts they might have "in stock". When we were looking for Beach Club points to add on, our guide said they were rare, but that he had a lot of Boardwalk for us ( at the time ) is we were interested. You can also be placed on a waiting list for if/when such points become available ( this requires a credit card for a deposit if it does. But can be cancelled anytime until the points become available ).

The alternative, is to buy resales. Which is what we ended up doing for our BCV. The thing to be careful about here is that you could end up with two seperate DVC numbers. In our case, we were careful to buy a resale that was the same resort, and the same USE YEAR as our own and it came in under our same membership.

As for Bay Lake towers, hasn't it already been rumoured that the announcement will be in August?