PDA

View Full Version : Akl

HoosierDisneyFan
07-18-2008, 09:41 PM
I am consider staying at Animal Kindom Lodge (first week in December) and would like to take advantage of the Sunrise Safari but cannot afford an entire week stay in a Concierge Level room. What problems would I encounter it I stayed in a Concierge Level room on Saturday night, take the Sunday Sunrise Safari and switch to a standard room Sunday night through the remainer of our stay (of course doing this with advanced reservation)? Is this allowed? Would this effect my Magic Your Way with Dining Tickets (or would I have to buy 2 sets of tickets like I would if I switched hotels)? Any other issues that I haven't thought of?

EmmMOM2
07-19-2008, 10:34 AM
You CAN take advantage of the sunrise safari with only a 1 night stay at concierge. Their is no minimum amount of stay required.

It shouldn't effect dinning at all, i dont think.

Tinkerfreak
07-19-2008, 11:32 AM
I thought if you did a package you had to have the same room type for the entire length of the package? If not I would love to stay concierge on our first night and then downgrade for the rest of the stay. We have done the Sunrise Safari a few times and it was one of the best things we have ever done at Disney. However we no longer feel the extra money is worth it for concierge. If you have any questions about the AKL or the Safari just pm me.

HoosierDisneyFan
07-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Thanks! Does anyone know how this will effect Magic Your May Tickets? If I change rooms within the same hotel will I new new set of tickets?

TammiMcMan
07-20-2008, 12:58 AM
I believe the only way you can do this, is if you book the first night in club level as room only, then have the 2nd reservation in the standard room as your package.

A few things to consider though,

1. you would need a park ticket for AK in order to go on the sunrise safari

2. you would need to get back to the resort by 11am or 1pm (if you request late checkout) to get your baggage to bell services and check back in under the new package

3. even after you're checked out of your club level room, you can continue to use the club lounge until 10pm on Sunday night