PDA

View Full Version : Ok, question for the Dining experts!

Tigger&Stitch
07-18-2008, 05:49 PM
We are planning to meet up with some family members in the World during our trip. Can you recommend a place with the following characteristics:

1) Fun
2) Healthier/lighter choices (we are all trying to eat better!)
3) Chairs/benches that can support some of the larger family members

There will be about 6-7 of us. We can eat anywhere in the World, as they have Annual Passes, and we will have Hopper tickets.

Ta! :mickey:

JMTStone
07-18-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm sure Jym will be along to give his wonderful advice but I thought of Coral Reef. I love the fish. There was this light sole with veggies that my hubby had and that would be perfect with a salad and fruit cup desert. There are also benches against the wall.

Chef Mickey would be a good character place, benches and tables you can put together. There are plenty of options at the salad bar INCLUDING this awesome seafood salad DD and I found. And Mickey will visit you too!

SBETigg
07-18-2008, 07:12 PM
You can get healthier choices almost anywhere now. Marrakesh came to mind, lots of fun. Also, you may have a great group for Teppan Edo, also a lot of fun. Or perhaps try Boma. Boma has a lot of interesting food choices that are also on the lighter side.

Friend of Figment
07-18-2008, 08:00 PM
As SBETigg said, almost everywhere has light choices. I think the Prime Time Cafe in DHS is fun. If you want boisterous entertainment, Biergarten is fun. It's a buffet so the "lightness"depends on what you choose. Bothe of these have seating on chairs not booths.

Shugoondola
07-18-2008, 10:10 PM
I would pick Chef Mickey's. :party2:

:mickey:

jonahbear2006
07-18-2008, 10:34 PM
boma. its fun and has lots of vegetarian dishes. You can have the meat if you want or skip it and eat fresh. there is salad and soups as well. their desserts are small so you can get just a bite and not over do it.

henry.james.s
07-19-2008, 08:40 PM
I agree that Tepan Edo or Boma would fit the bill nicely. Another possibility is The Wave..I've haven't been ther yet but the menus look cool.

ElenitaB
07-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Boma would be a nice choice outside of the parks.

If you're thinking of counter-service for any of your encounters, I'd suggest Sunshine Seasons.

Faver
07-20-2008, 11:57 AM
O'Hana @ the Poly..... really good food served family style...... Last year our group of 8 loved it!!!!

Have fun!

Natazu
07-21-2008, 04:47 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best Disney Restaurants that are Fun, have Healthy or Lighter Fare, and have Chairs for Food Lovers:
7. Boma
6. Grand Floridian Café
5. Yak & Yeti
4. Wolfgang Puck Café
3. Coral Reef
2. Flying Fish Café
1. California Grill