PDA

View Full Version : AKL value accomodations.....

dolphinmickey9170
07-18-2008, 04:17 PM
I have been looking at the points calander for AKL and see that there are value, standard, savanah and concierge views.

I have also been looking at the map that came with the DVC folder last year. According to the map, I would think that value is parking lot view (very fiew of these), standard is pool view, and savanah, well obviously the savanah out your balcony.

Can I request to be in the value section? I want to stay longer using less points.

WRWDisney
07-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Actually, value does not designate a view (I believe there are pool view values and maybe even savannah-though assignment is luck of the draw). Value rooms are one that are smaller than the standard size DVC rooms in AKV due to the conversion from hotel rooms. They can only accommodate 4 in the studio and 1 bedroom (vs. the 5 in the others--no sleeper chair).

These accommodations book up very close to the 11 month mark because they do cost less points. Good luck:thumbsup:

Simba's Mom
08-03-2008, 01:30 PM
I stayed in a value studio in May, and I think that the value studios are the best "value" for your points. The views were outstanding, pool with the savannah in the distance, and I was just around the corner from the elevator to the pool. The room is a little smaller, I think it's about 320 squ.ft. vs. 365 squ.ft., and in mine the bed was closer to the slider to the patio, with the couch closer to the TV side. Right now I'm on the waiting list for a value studio in October, they're not too easy to get.

aurorafan
08-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Value rooms can be either parking lot, pool or savannah, but as another person said the view you get is luck of the draw. If you get a dedicated value studio you will have a pool or savannah view :).

dolphinmickey9170
08-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I called MS today and asked about the value accomodations in regard to the point calculator on the website. I was told that only the Jambo house has value points availability, and they go quickly to the 11 month home resort guests. I would have to use standard for Kidani village. So, I have now booked for SSR, and will move (probably on a wait list) when the 7 month window opens up.