PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Disney memory?

caryrae
07-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Besides our 1st trip to WDW, mine would be when we went with my wifes family. We planned to go during my Niece's 4th Birthday and her 1st trip to Disney. We made a ressie at the Cinderella Breakfast since she loved the Disney Princesses then. It was so much fun watching her, she was so excited I don't think she took one bite of her Breakfast. They did a little something special on the table so the Princesses would now there was a Birthday at the table and they all stopped by and signed her book and took pictures. It was really fun.

Here are some picture of the Breakfast and a couple when the group 4 for a dollar or whatever there names are http://community.webshots.com/album/564160766jomkld . They brought her up and sang to her and gave her their CD. As you can see by the pictures she wasn't sure what to make of it.

What are some of your favorite memories.....

disneymom15
07-18-2008, 02:33 PM
On our first family trip, our daughter was 5. We bought her a Jasmine costume which she wore to the parks. When the characters from Aladin saw her was priceless. They all gave her special attention, even Jaffar gave her an evil scowl.

ransam
07-18-2008, 02:53 PM
when i was a kid my parents use to surpise my sister and i w/ a trip to disney, just about every summer....it got to be a game w/ us. everytime we went to dinner or a movie, we would be in the back seat whispering to each others if we were missing any clothing, or swim suit that mom had packed w/o us noticing....mom and dad knew that, and they were drop hints, some true, some not just to drive us up a wall. there would be one day, one magical day every year where we would wake up in shawnee, ks, and go to sleep in orlando, FL. those are my favorite memories. just the anticipating, the guessing, the surprise.

amd780
07-18-2008, 03:49 PM
My family and I were watching the parade on Main St. when I was 3. Snow White left the parade, came over to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. We have that moment immortalized in one of our photo albums. :mickey:

Another favorite memory was when we stayed at CR in an MK view room when I was 7. I remember watching the Main Street Electrical Parade (what little I could see of it, my view was partially blocked) and the fireworks from our balcony. :cloud9:

Gator
07-18-2008, 04:28 PM
That's easy. It was my last full day of my first trip to WDW. My wife and I spent it at Epcot. It was good day, but the night was incredible. When I saw the finale of Illuminations, I was hooked on WDW. There was no going back to normal after that.

MickeyMousse
07-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Definitely the look on our DS1's face at the age of 2 1/2 when he walked through the gates of MK. Priceless. That look never left his face until we got back on the plane to come home.

Young@Heart
07-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Mine would have to be pulling into the POP parking lot in 2006! I know I was crying when I was pulling into the parking space. The kids were so excited, and even though my DS's had been to WDW before, it was nice to bring DD for her first trip. That was the first time we drove down, and I think the anticipation building during the trip down just added to that feeling of magic. :cloud9:

pixiesmimi
07-18-2008, 09:05 PM
I think my favorite Disney memory is last year when my DH and I went for our 38th anniversary alone. We did every park and investigated everything in each park at our leisure and tried to ride every ride. We took a multitude of pictures with the Photo Pass and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. But my second favorite, and was my first favorite until the anniversary, was when we went with DD's family the year her first daughter was 2 or 3. The look on her face of awe when she saw Cinderella and the other Princesses and Princes out in front of the Castle at the show was priceless! She had both hands up to her cheeks with her mouth open and a look of awe on her face. I wouldn't take a million dollars for that look. :) It made the trip for me, watching everything through her eyes.:cloud9:

Faver
07-18-2008, 09:35 PM
What a nice post:mickey:

My favorite memory @ WDW was when I was on a sixth grade end of year trip! When we left CT on the chartered bus, the day before, I was 11.... When I woke up the next morning, I was 12! I spent my first day of being 12 years old in my most favorite place in the world!!!:thumbsup:

Davyjones
07-18-2008, 09:51 PM
On April 24, 2003, I proposed to my wife in front of the Tree of Life at Animal Kingdom. That is my favorite Disney memory of all time. :cloud9:

Simba'sBud
07-18-2008, 10:09 PM
We always drive down so the 'real' excitement begins when we see the signs on Interstate 4 that say Walt Disney World Resort right lanes. And then my DW goes into tears as we pass under the Welcome sign and off to our resort we go.

The best part is our tradition of heading straight to the MK after check-in and walking down Main Street for the first time on our trip and hearing the Dapper Dans as we catch our first glimpse of Cinderella's Castle!!

Less than a couple of months til we're there!!:mickey:

AdventurerKim
07-19-2008, 09:37 AM
One of my favorite memories is from my first trip to WDW in 1980. We were going to our car at TTC on the ferry, and as the boat was leaving, the fireworks were going off. My grandfather was holding me as we all watched, and that is a very special memory for me.

Another favorite memory was being in Main Street on New Year's Eve at midnight 1999/2000 with my family drinking champagne!

My last favorite memory is when my DH and I went to WDW for the first time together. Showing him all of my favorite rides and things to do was fantastic and getting him hooked on WDW and watching his face light up at all the fun! :mickey:

azdisneymom
07-19-2008, 11:04 AM
My favorite Disney memory happed at home. DD and I had the typical mother / daughter trials when she was in middle school. Nothing I did as right and why did I want to know where she was going, with whom kind of stuff. We hardly saw eye to eye on anything. Now she is in high school and has gotten past all that stuff. This past January we went to WDW together, just us girls. What fun we had. So my favorite memory is the birthday card she gave me that said, "I can hardly wait to go back to Disney with you! I love you! p.s. Remember the Dole Whips" :dance:

BTW - The Dole whip story is we first tried them together on our last trip. We sat and talked and laughed for over an hour.

caryrae
07-20-2008, 09:28 AM
So my favorite memory is the birthday card she gave me that said, "I can hardly wait to go back to Disney with you! I love you! p.s. Remember the Dole Whips" :dance:

Have you 2 made any plans yet to go together again?

VolMickey
07-20-2008, 09:31 AM
DW at 4, riding the Pooh ride and wanting to ride it again and again. She had little Pooh and Tigger scrunchies in her pigtails. Cute!!!

Vito
07-20-2008, 10:45 AM
I was 15 the first time we went to WDW. I had been anticipating it my whole life. I used to have magazine articles about Disneyland and WDW, I would look at books and pictures, I had travel guides, etc. I was a total WDW geek and I had never been.

We drove down from upstate NY, spending a day overnight in North Carolina. We arrived in the late afternoon, and when I started seeing those WDW signs I almost fainted.

We stayed at what was then the Village Resort, and we checked in, got our room, and I could hardly contain myself. We weren't going to go to any parks that night as it was too late, but I wanted to do SOMETHING besides sit around in the hotel room. We were at Disney World!!

We decided to take a bus to the Magic Kingdom (this was before the bus station on the other side of Bay Lake). We hopped on the monorail, and I remember the anticipation of seeing the Magic Kingdom in person for the first time. This was the place I had dreamed of coming to for years, and now I was actually here, for real.

As the monorail rounded the corner and I got the full glimpse of the castle along with Main St RR station, I was smiling like crazy. We got off the monorail and simply walked up to the gates and I just stood and stared in awe. The place I'd been looking at pictures of my whole life was right in front of me! I have to say I'll never forget that feeling.

The other strong memory from that trip was our first day at the parks - we chose Epcot first (wanted to save MK for last ;) ). Our first attraction was World of Motion, our second was Horizons. The memories of those two rides - my first two Disney attractions ever, have made those two of my favorites, and I almost get tears thinking about them. They left such an impression on me. I had never experienced anything so detailed, so complex - the music, the audio tracks, the animatronics. The best theme park I had ever been to was the Great Escape here in upstate NY, and as much as I adored that place as a child, the comparison was, well, not much of a comparison.

I have many, many fond memories, and many strong memories of things that most people would think are insignificant little Disney events. But of all of them, I think the ones that will last forever are those initial experiences - seeing the Magic Kingdom in person up close for the first time, and my first two Disney attractions that are sadly now long gone, WoM and Horizons.

:cloud9:

debandbub
07-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Here's mine that I have actually been thinking a lot about lately and wanted to post somewhere anyway! It was 1998 and we were celebrating my 30th birthday (ok now go do the math) with a trip to WDW. We decided to extend the 7 day Land and Sea cruise trip to include a return to WDW after the cruise. It was INCREDIBLE, of course, every minute. But, on the last day of the cruise, after breakfast and before we disembarked, my better half ran to the restroom. I was standing on the deck, waiting for her and actually feeling a bit depressed about how our vacation was 2/3 over, we just had a few days left at WDW before we had to head back to upstate NY, in the middle of winter no less. I was feeling pretty darn sorry for myself actually.

Then, as I was standing there all bummed out, something happened that put my life back into perspective. A young girl, about 8 or 9 walked past me. She was smiling and seemed so happy. She was wearing a Make A Wish T-shirt, and a baseball cap covered her bald head. I immediately teared up (as I am now), and snapped back to the reality that my life is INCREDIBLY blessed, and I am so fortunate to have good health, the means to enjoy my Disney trips, a wonderful family and the most loyal friends one could ask for. That little girl was happy with heaven knows what going on with her health, and I was feeling sorry for myself because I had only three days left in WDW?

I have thought about that young girl and her family often in the past 10 years. I wish so badly that I had an opportunity to tell them how that young lady impacted my life. It reminds me not only to be thankful for the things that I have in my life, but also reminds me that we all can have an impact on people without them even knowing. There is no way that girl or her family could ever know how that day snapped me back to the reality of my WONDERFUL life, but the ongoing memory of that day certainly keeps things in perspective for me now.

Septbride2002
07-20-2008, 08:28 PM
My favorite WDW memory is from Chloe's first trip last year. When she saw Minnie and she got so excited I thought she would wiggle out of my hands waiting for her turn. Then finally it was her turn and I set her on the ground and she ran into Minnie's open arms - talking the whole way "minnie! Minnie! Minnie!" It was perfect.

~Amanda