PDA

View Full Version : Happy Friday! (Fifty)Three is the Magic Number

Dr_Nigel_C
07-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Happy Friday, folks! :mickey:

Well, yesterday may have been the "official" 53rd anniversary of the Grand Opening of Disneyland (yay!), but today is the 53rd anniversary of the first day that regular folks like you and me (well, those of us that were alive back then) could enter those magical turnstiles (hmm, did they use turnstiles back then?).

Anywho -- in honor of this occasion, today is "Happy Friday, Disneyland" day! :party:

Drink-of-the-day:

Champagne (and Mimosa's for those of you getting things going early this A.M.).

Have a great weekend, everybody!

JanetMegan
07-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Oooo Mimosas!! Have we ever had those for our Friday party before? Sounds tasty, I brought pigs in a blanket to go with them!!

Mickey'sGirl
07-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks Rob! I'll take one (any pomegranate liqueur around, and we can have one stupendous Kir?).

I have brought strawberries to share, 'cause we all know they go together!

Happy Friday! :party:

offwego
07-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Mmm Mimosa's. What about with blood orange juice for a change?

Happy Friday everyone!:mickey:

disneydeb
07-18-2008, 10:00 AM
I'll bake a Birthdday cake if someone else will decorate it!:cake:

:party:Happy Birthday, Disneyland!:party:

wdwgrl377
07-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!

I'll take a Mimosa, thanks!

Can't wait for the grillin' to begin!! :wait: Yum! And Bret always does a good job grillin'!! :D

SgtTigger
07-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Happy Friday

Anyone missed me around here????

I am back to typing...... but we are leaving town for the weekend........

Disneyland opened but lets remember they were still working as the cameras rolled..... but true to show you could not see them......

I hope everyone has a great weekend....... keep the cabina boys working........

Happy friday again everyone......

:cop: :tigger:

MickeysGirl
07-18-2008, 10:28 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!
and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DISNEYLAND!!!

Thanks for getting the party started today, honey! You're a doll! :heart:

Oh, I wish I could be back in Disneyland right about now. Of course, anywhere but work would be great right now.

Who's got fun plans for the weekend?? Anyone wanna come and help wash our cars and do yard work? I'll take you bowling when you're done! :bowl: Any takers? :D

Bret, great to see you typing again!! And of course we missed you. You guys be safe out there this weekend. Where are you headed?

Hope everyone has a nice weekend! Stay cool! :vacation:

Drinks are on the bar... :wine: :papple: :marg: :beer:

tinkwest
07-18-2008, 10:49 AM
A Mimosa sounds tasty this morning! And the theme . . . STUPENDOUS!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DISNEYLAND!!!

I've brought some homegrown peaches. Yummy.

wdwgrl377
07-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Jamie, I want to go bowling!! I don't know if I'd be much help with washing cars and doing yard work....but we'll see! Bowling is something I like to do!

Bret, we did miss you and are glad you are back! :D

SgtTigger
07-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Bret, great to see you typing again!! And of course we missed you. You guys be safe out there this weekend. Where are you headed?

Gulf Shores I am suppose to call you later today....... Last night it was to late..... I hear Angel is in Orange Beach....... I go to Alabama and still cant get away from her....:funny:

MickeysGirl
07-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Jamie, I want to go bowling!! I don't know if I'd be much help with washing cars and doing yard work....but we'll see! Bowling is something I like to do!

Yes, yes, I'm looking for free help. But you get yourself all the way to our house, and I'll feed you and take you bowling. How's that! haha

Gulf Shores I am suppose to call you later today....... Last night it was to late..... I hear Angel is in Orange Beach....... I go to Alabama and still cant get away from her....:funny:

I'll be checking with Rob on our weekend plans. We have lunch plans on Saturday, I know for sure. Maybe Sunday we can head out early and spend some time? What does your schedule look like... of course we can figure all this out when you call. :blush: :call: You know the number! haha

wdwgrl377
07-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Yes, yes, I'm looking for free help. But you get yourself all the way to our house, and I'll feed you and take you bowling. How's that! haha

I'll be checking with Rob on our weekend plans. We have lunch plans on Saturday, I know for sure. Maybe Sunday we can head out early and spend some time? What does your schedule look like... of course we can figure all this out when you call. :blush: :call: You know the number! haha

Ok, I will be there shortly!! I could use a break! (I really wish I could come and visit you and Rob! We'll have to plan something one day.)

MickeysGirl
07-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Ok, I will be there shortly!! I could use a break! (I really wish I could come and visit you and Rob! We'll have to plan something one day.)

You just let us know when, the airport is 5 minutes from the house and we have Aaron's room for you to sleep.

Anyone else interested in a Florida get away?? :vacation:

MsMin
07-18-2008, 12:58 PM
You just let us know when, the airport is 5 minutes from the house and we have Aaron's room for you to sleep.

Me me me.... I love Florida but I'm afraid I will have to stay home and pack.. So much to do so little time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DISNEYLAND
AND HAPPY FRIDAY ALL
Since I"m the same age as Disney I always think of it as "our" celebration ;)
Mimosa's sound so good. Can't wait to get out of town....
Those traveling... do stay safe....

Nascfan
07-18-2008, 01:04 PM

Always. But I'm afraid if you took ME in, your houseguest would become a permanent addition!

Happy Friday everyone!

Bret, you are always missed when you're not around. Have fun this weekend!

MickeysGirl
07-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Me me me.... I love Florida but I'm afraid I will have to stay home and pack.. So much to do so little time.

Beth, when are you driving by? If you need to stop for a respite, you know how to find me!!

Always. But I'm afraid if you took ME in, your houseguest would become a permanent addition!

Scott, you're more than welcome. I fear your family might miss you though. So maybe your wife and I need to work out an agreement or something. :idea:

Nascfan
07-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Scott, you're more than welcome. I fear your family might miss you though. So maybe your wife and I need to work out an agreement or something. :idea:

Hmm, November thru April, down there, May thru October up here. Works for me! :thumbsup: I'm good with dishes, laundry, and mowing grass, wonder if that will earn my keep.

Dr_Nigel_C
07-18-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm good with dishes, laundry, and mowing grass, wonder if that will earn my keep.

Well, what do you know -- those are all my "chores". So, when can you start? :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day so far. Fresh round of drinks are on the way! :)

MsMin
07-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Hmm, November thru April, down there, May thru October up here. Works for me! I'm good with dishes, laundry, and mowing grass, wonder if that will earn my keep.
Hey, Scott if you can do all that I'll drive you to the beach every weekend ;)

Beth, when are you driving by? If you need to stop for a respite, you know how to find me!!

It's times like that when I wish you lived farther away. We are planning on leaving pretty early (I hate driving into the sun). Passing your house is either the Just getting started or almost home. Can't you convince Rob to move a little closer to WDW?

drummerboy
07-18-2008, 11:12 PM
HAPPY FRIDAY!

At least it still is Friday. Did a bunch of driving today and we've got a house full of grandyoung'uns, so just now getting settled down. Hope it was a good one for everybody.

MickeysGirl
07-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Hey, Scott if you can do all that I'll drive you to the beach every weekend ;)

It's times like that when I wish you lived farther away. We are planning on leaving pretty early (I hate driving into the sun). Passing your house is either the Just getting started or almost home. Can't you convince Rob to move a little closer to WDW?

But here's the deal... It's me who can't make us move any futher away. :sad: My job is too good. I know, what craziness am I who chooses to stay where I am rather than move closer to Disney, but the money is here.... :rolleyes:

Call if you need anything while you're up in the panhandle, OK? Drive save!!