PDA

View Full Version : Main Street USA!

Young@Heart
07-18-2008, 01:46 AM
What time does this performance usually take place? I haven't seen it in years and I'd love to catch it this trip. :mickey:
TIA for any info.

Main Street Jim
07-18-2008, 08:36 AM
What performance? There's several on Main Street...you have the Trolley shows, the Welcome show, the streetmosphere players, the Fantasyland Brass comes down to Main Street....which one are you looking for?

Oh, btw...you have a PM ;)

dolphinmickey9170
07-18-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm guessing by your title, you mean the trolley show....I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA!

We love this show. I have sent you a PM with a link the my recording of this show in May. I hope you like it.:mickey:

MMouse6937
07-18-2008, 10:16 AM
We actually caught this show by accident last year on our way into the park. Seems to occur right at opening. It's very infectious and we stood on the sidewalk and watched for quite a bit. :)

Young@Heart
07-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks, everyone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll be able to see it one of the mornings we're at MK. I love the little performances they have throughout the parks, and I think this one might be my favorite. :mickey:

joelkfla
07-18-2008, 07:29 PM
The times for the Trolley Show aren't printed on the MK's Times Guide. I guess it's considered atmosphere entertainment.

But cm's should be able to tell you the schedule, especially at City Hall or on the trolley.

Currently there are 3 shows:

9:20am, 10:15am, and 11am. That would be for the first show stop near the ice cream parlor. I think there are 2 more stops, at Center St. and at the Emporium, which would be spaced about 5 minutes apart.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-18-2008, 08:03 PM
The times for the Trolley Show aren't printed on the MK's Times Guide. I guess it's considered atmosphere entertainment.

But cm's should be able to tell you the schedule, especially at City Hall or on the trolley.

Currently there are 3 shows:

9:20am, 10:15am, and 11am. That would be for the first show stop near the ice cream parlor. I think there are 2 more stops, at Center St. and at the Emporium, which would be spaced about 5 minutes apart.

Actually, all three stops are at the Emporium. The Main Street Emporium runs the entire length of Main Street and is the 3rd largest store on the entire property in terms of size, and number one in terms of actual sales (yes, we sell more than WOD).

Main Street Jim
07-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Actually, all three stops are at the Emporium.Well, *yeah*, if ya wanna get technical....:D

But, like JoelK says, *going by the locations on the EAST side of Main Street* :D...it's Ice Cream, Center Street/Market House (what's left of it...), and Confectionery/Emporium corner.

And this show's only about four years old or so...

scoot241
07-19-2008, 09:00 PM
The Main Street Emporium runs the entire length of Main Street and is the 3rd largest store on the entire property in terms of size, and number one in terms of actual sales (yes, we sell more than WOD).

I can see the Emporium being the number one in terms of sales, since many people only go to MK.

What's the second biggest store in WDW? MouseGears?

joelkfla
07-19-2008, 09:28 PM
The Main Street Emporium runs the entire length of Main Street and is the 3rd largest store on the entire property in terms of size, and number one in terms of actual sales (yes, we sell more than WOD).
To me, Main Street at Town Square will always be the location of the Emporium, as that's where it was before it became "The Thing That Ate Main Street, U.S.A.":thedolls:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-21-2008, 03:14 PM
WOD is the largest store in size, with MouseGears in second. We're number one in sales, followed by MouseGears, and then WOD.

Jim.....be nice or I'll come yell at you! Besides, if we're going by the East side, then the Emporium isn't even on that side. :D

Deesdisney
07-21-2008, 07:10 PM
I have never seen this. I have Disneyland fun DVD and I was wondering if it is the same thing? Is it with characters or not? Thank you.

joelkfla
07-21-2008, 11:16 PM
I have never seen this. I have Disneyland fun DVD and I was wondering if it is the same thing? Is it with characters or not? Thank you.
No characters.

Just dancers in period costumes who jump off the horse-drawn trolley, and dance in the street to "The Trolley Song" (from Judy Garland's "Meet Me in St. Louis"), "Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street U.S.A.", and I think one more song that I can't remember.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-21-2008, 11:25 PM
The last song, I believe, is one made for the MK since it references "magic and pixie dust, welcome to the place where dreams come true" and then something about "right around the corner there's a Fantasyland."

I've heard it a million times and yet I can't ever remember it without listening to it.

Melanie
07-22-2008, 01:57 AM
"Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street U.S.A.", and I think one more song that I can't remember.

The last song, I believe, is one made for the MK since it references "magic and pixie dust, welcome to the place where dreams come true" and then something about "right around the corner there's a Fantasyland."

I've heard it a million times and yet I can't ever remember it without listening to it.

I think this is the same song.

SpecJoe Magic
07-22-2008, 02:31 AM

You are combining two different songs.

The lyrics "Welcome to a place where dreams come true" are part of a song in which I'm not certain about the title. I think it's called "Welcome" or something similar to that and is part of a show that is performed in front of the train station above the Mickey flowers just prior to park opening.

The lyrics "Just around the corner is a Fantasyland" are part of the song called "Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street, U.S.A." and it's appropriately performed in the middle of Main Street as part of the trolley show.

I believe the same people perform during both shows.

Melanie
07-22-2008, 02:37 AM
The lyrics "Just around the corner is a Fantasyland" are part of the song called "Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street U.S.A." and it's performed in the middle of Main Street.

Yes, I thought those lyrics belonged to that song.

DisneyWhirled
07-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Just chiming in because Main Street USA is my FAVORITE place in the world and the trolley show is my FAVORITE show. We bought the 2 disk WDW park CD a few years ago, and I have about worn out the first three tracks.

My kids know that there are just some mornings that can't go by without a little bit of Main Street USA in the car on the way to school/daycare :)

When we were there in May, I sang the entire song along with the actors ( I know I am a geek!) and one of the guys said, "Hey, I think she really likes us!"

Young@Heart
07-23-2008, 01:42 AM
Just chiming in because Main Street USA is my FAVORITE place in the world and the trolley show is my FAVORITE show. We bought the 2 disk WDW park CD a few years ago, and I have about worn out the first three tracks.

:mickey:
Can this be bought in the parks? I tried finding this song online last week but had no luck. :( If the CD is only available in the parks, I know one of the first souvenears I'm buying! :thumbsup:

DisneyWhirled
07-23-2008, 12:17 PM
:mickey:
Can this be bought in the parks? I tried finding this song online last week but had no luck. :( If the CD is only available in the parks, I know one of the first souvenears I'm buying! :thumbsup:

Yes, they can. I bought mine at World of Disney in DTD, but I have seen them in the parks as well. I believe that they are a pretty hot commodity, so when you see one, buy it! The price is the same throughout the property.

KAJUNKING
07-23-2008, 12:49 PM
the song is great and ive wathced the show on google video and will surely try to catch it while we are there in sept

Young@Heart
07-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Yes, they can. I bought mine at World of Disney in DTD, but I have seen them in the parks as well. I believe that they are a pretty hot commodity, so when you see one, buy it! The price is the same throughout the property.

Thanks! Do you recall how much it cost? I just checked on ebay, and they're going for about $35, but I know ebay Disney sellers tend to mark things up.

DisneyWhirled
07-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks! Do you recall how much it cost? I just checked on ebay, and they're going for about $35, but I know ebay Disney sellers tend to mark things up.

I could be wrong, but I think it was like in the $30 vicinity. You can call WDW merchandising and they can tell you for sure. Hope this helps!