PDA

View Full Version : Bummed I cannot find anyone else to go with us

em-n-mia's-mommy
07-18-2008, 01:15 AM
I am kind of bummed tonight. We decided against taking our toddler son in september due to him not being ready for wdw yet. In the meantime we have an extra spot for all of our dining and in our room.

I asked my sister tonight if she would like to go and she said she could not because she would miss school. I asked my mom and she says she cannot afford the extra $700 to add her to the reservation. I have a cousin that I know would love to go but he is 16 and will be missing school and his parents and I do not exactly get along.

I am kind of bummed because I wanted to kind of spread my love of disney to those who have never been there (my mom and my sister). I would pay for the extra $$$ to go but idk if we can pull it off with my hubby leaving for Italy next week. :(

So now I will sit here and sulk and maybe the hubby will let me pay for my mom to go with us. hehe

Young@Heart
07-18-2008, 01:32 AM
oh my goodness-I say take your toddler!!! We took DD at 2 years old and she had an amazing time! I cannot imagine if we had gone without her. Our vacation was a little different b/c she was with us, I'm sure. But it was still the best family vacation we'd had yet. :cloud9: And things like baby swap make it that much easier for us parents and the older kids to enjoy the parks. :thumbsup:

em-n-mia's-mommy
07-18-2008, 02:00 AM
DS would never survive at wdw. We went to a local theme park for one day here last week and it was the day from hell. That is what made our decision not to take him. He just is not ready. I would love to take him, but he would be better off staying with grandma and being spoiled to death. Plus it would be nice to have some time to devote to our daughters that we have had to cut back on since our little guy has come along.

mouseketeer mom
07-18-2008, 07:08 AM
Why not just enjoy this time with your DH and daughters then?? This time will be hard to come by in future years as your little boy gets bigger.

thrillme
07-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Honestly unless you have someone who REALLY and truly wants to go above all else...that might be the person to go with. Otherwise...I personally just don't like "family" vacations with "others". It might sound selfish but that time is MY dollar and I want to do what makes my child, husband and ME happy. When someone else is along it seems like there's always ONE more person you have to please. I've seen it so many times with friends who take other people along with their family.

I can understand you not wanting to take your toddler especially if you have older kids. Some toddlers can handle a big park some just can't.

sisterslovindisney
07-18-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm pretty sure I could rearrange my schedule!;)

mickeys_princess_mom
07-18-2008, 09:06 PM
I am ready and will be no trouble at all. :wave:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-18-2008, 10:49 PM
When are we going?

Tinkerfreak
07-19-2008, 11:57 AM
As much as we have enjoyed doing Disney with the grandmothers, neices etc our best trips have always been with just our immediate family. We always feel less pressure to please everyone else and we can just do whatever we feel like. I say leave your toddler home if you think it will be too much and just enjoy the time with your older children.

d_m_n_n
07-19-2008, 12:33 PM
As much as we have enjoyed doing Disney with the grandmothers, neices etc our best trips have always been with just our immediate family. We always feel less pressure to please everyone else and we can just do whatever we feel like. I say leave your toddler home if you think it will be too much and just enjoy the time with your older children.

I have to agree. We have gone alone twice and taken grandparents/cousins/siblings twice. I will never (ok, never is a long time) ask others to go with us again. I get tired of always trying to make sure others are happy, I get annoyed waiting for my constantly late sister, and I don't like feeling like I'm dragging others around. And with my family, some people always feel the need to complain about something. With just us, when we get up, we go...when we're hungry we eat (and I know what we like)...it is just so much easier. Go with your DH and DDs and enjoy every minute of your trip!