PDA

View Full Version : Updates on T-Rex Restaraunt Coming to Downtown Disney Marketplace {Merged Threads}

NJGIRL
07-11-2008, 11:05 AM
I contacted Landry's directly to see when the restaurant would be opened since we will be there in Oct and it is supposed to be opened in the fall. They replied today and said it would be opened in November 2008 but gave no exact date.

DDuck66
07-11-2008, 11:18 AM
I was in DTD this past Monday and they are still working on the exterior construction and it is all still borded up. Maybe I will be able to eat there when we go for the CP at the end of November.

Itchy
07-17-2008, 02:06 PM
I wish it was open when I am going to be there.:mickey:

Downtown Disney Dino Invasion!!

Walt Disney World.com
Backstage Pass
July 2008

But don't get prehysterical—it's a cool new restaurant

Kevin Lansberry is spending a lot of time with Tyrannosauruses, Velociraptors and Allosauruses lately, even for a Disney executive. Of course, that's to be expected when a thundering herd of life-size creatures are on their way to become the "cast" of a highly unique new interactive entertainment, dining and shopping experience coming in early November to the Downtown Disney® Marketplace.

A prehistoric family adventure in dining with dinos

"At our new T-Rex Café™, there will be several life-size dinosaurs right out front," this enthusiastic Vice President of Downtown Disney Operations told us. "You'll be able to see a full-size T-Rex, of course, over 35 feet long and 15 feet tall. But this T-Rex has competition—like a 135-foot-long replica of the Argentinosaurus, which is not only the largest dinosaur, but quite possibly also the largest and heaviest animal ever to walk the earth!"

Schussler Creative, Inc., in collaboration with Landry's Restaurants, Inc., developed the amazing concept for this new dining experience. The awesome new structure will have a towering ice volcanic crater, or "caldera," with cascading waterfalls, lush greenery and foliage. With the some incredible lighting to add dramatic effect, it will be as though you are transported back in time.

Many worlds within its "world"

"Inside there will be several different environments, all designed to tell a story and provide an educational, interactive experience of the lives and times of these magnificent creatures," said Kevin. "The Ice Age Room, for instance, resurrects the wooly mammoth, complete with its baby, surrounded by man-made snow. The Fern Forest Room is the home of a Triceratops and a Stegosaurus, and their babies, too."

T-Rex Café™ abounds with one amazing area after another, from the Shark Room and the Seqouia Room to the Geo-Tech Room and the Aqua Room—where you can sit in a jellyfish booth and appear to dine underwater beneath a whole school of fascinating creatures. Just off the Aqua Room, you'll be greeted by a giant animated octopus sitting on top of the Shark Bar, motioning you in for a specialty drink and a view of the 6,000-gallon shark tank.

Young fans will have a way to take home their own personal dinosaurs at Build-A-Dino™, Where Best Friendosaurs Are Made™. If this sounds like a prehistoric twist on something your kids already know and love, you're right—it was developed by Build-A-Bear Workshops®, Inc. in partnership with T-Rex. Kids (and more than a few adults like us) can choose from several prehistoric animal toys with a variety of accessories and outfits.

If you like the heat, check out the Kitchen of Fire™

"I'm probably the most excited about the geothermal region, because it's going to be a really different experience altogether. It will have a 'Kitchen of Fire™' with a 26-foot-high wall where you'll see lava oozing over ancient geological formations. A two-story waterfall will cascade down, mixing with hot water and sending up steam. That's going to be neat."

And from the cutting-edge kitchen facilities will emerge a wide variety of pastas, seafood, salads, signature entrées, sandwiches and delectable desserts.

The magic of imagination

"Steve Schlusser has been working on the concept for over a decade," said Marty Sherman, Regional Vice President of Landry's. "He's fascinated by dinosaurs and is dedicated to giving Guests great experiences, especially kids."

"Steve is a person extremely passionate about Disney," Kevin added. "I think he is probably the most passionate person, about whatever it is he is doing, that I've ever met."

So, this November, when your stomach growls, you can follow the sound to the new T-Rex Café, A Prehistoric Family Adventure—A Place to Eat, Shop, Explore and Discover™.

MomOfAPrincess502
07-17-2008, 02:34 PM
We were hoping it would be open for our trip in October. :( But thanks for sharing the info. Sounds like it is going to be an awesome place!

goofyfan4466
07-17-2008, 04:22 PM
maybe a dumb question,but here goes.will we be able to make reservations thru disney ?

EmmMOM2
07-17-2008, 06:49 PM
I WISH it was open for our sept trip...bummer!

My son is OBSESSED with dino's!
Cant wait to book ressie's for our trip after this coming one.:party:

bmj721
07-17-2008, 07:00 PM
I was told that they would take ADR"s. We're going in the 1st 2 weeks of Dec. 11 ys DS will disown me if we don't go. I have to admit I want to check this place out, too.

stitch'sgirl
08-08-2008, 01:22 AM
I wish this was open in Sept, for my trip!!! I love t-rex's and have been wanting to try this place out for a while. I was down there about 3 weeks ago and saw what they were doing and just wanted to stand there and watch. It's gonna be cool.....I may have to make a special day trip down to visit.....:thedolls: However, the last time I made reservations, I asked about reservations for this place and was told that Disney wasn't going to be taking any ADR's since it is not strictly a Disney restaurant. It will be along the veins of RC there, no reservations through Disney. But they also told me that a month and a half ago, so it could have definitely changed between now and then. :party:26 days to Disney magic!!!!!:mickey::cloud9::party:

Artsake
08-08-2008, 03:07 PM
I was really hoping to be able to go during our upcoming Sept visit as it sounds like it is going to be a really cool place.

tundramom
08-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Even though you may not be able to make ADR's thru the WDW system, you can still make them directly with the restaurant. I always call RFC direct and make an ADR when we include it in our plans. Wish it was going to be open one month earlier:pout: