PDA

View Full Version : What do you collect at Disney?

disneycutie165
07-17-2008, 01:39 PM
What do you love to collect at Disney? I usually collect stuffed animals (always!:mickey:). Last time we went I started a charm necklace.

Charms that I collected:
'Contemporary Resort' charm
Mickey Sorcerer Hat
'Grand Floridian' charm
Minnie in a teacup
Stitch
Jasmine
Cinderella Castle
Minnie w/ cat blowing bubble
Mickey ear hat
Pooh bear
'Poly Resort' charm
Luau Minnie
'Wilderness Lodge' charm
silver Mickey
MGM charm
Alice
Herbie
MK charm

Do you have one thing you always have to get? Or something that is new every time.

disneycutie165
07-17-2008, 01:41 PM
What do you love to collect at Disney? I usually collect stuffed animals (always!:mickey:). Last time we went I started a charm necklace.

Charms that I collected:
Mickey Sorcerer Hat
'Grand Floridian' charm
Minnie in a teacup :minnie2:
Stitch :stitch2:
Jasmine
Cinderella Castle
Minnie w/ cat blowing bubble :minnie2::cat:
Mickey ear hat :mickey:
Pooh bear :pooh:
'Poly Resort' charm
Luau Minnie
'Wilderness Lodge' charm
silver Mickey
MGM charm
Alice
Herbie
MK charm

Do you have one thing you always have to get? Or something that is new every time.

Goofeygal
07-17-2008, 02:15 PM
I collect christmas ornaments from Disney. Every time we go we buy a ornament for our tree. I also pin trade so I collect alot of disney pins.:thumbsup::mickey:

laprana
07-17-2008, 02:18 PM
I collect Disney pins and always buy way too many when I'm there! :blush: For the past few trips, I've always gotten a new keychain...didn't really mean to start collecting them, but I guess I am now! :D

MomOfAPrincess502
07-17-2008, 02:28 PM
I collect Disney watches and cookie jars. My children like to get the pressed coins and of course the stuffed animals!

mouseketeer mom
07-17-2008, 02:50 PM
I collect coffee cups and earrings. I have quite a collection going and use a Disney mug each morning, and wear a pair of Disney earrings every day!

goofiecrazy
07-17-2008, 03:20 PM
A new shirt or 2,magnets,frames,pins and xmas ornaments and whatever i see that i like.

tink'72
07-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Magnets, magnets and more magnets!!! I love them.
My DD collects pins of course and my Dad collects hats and he always seems to find the best deals..Last year in MK he found hats that were on clearence for $7.00 :woohoo: I've been to Disney a million times and I've never found clearence items. He goes one year and he finds racks of them! Go figure....:confused:

oliver&bianca
07-17-2008, 03:55 PM
My sons and I love to collect the pressed pennies that we get from the machines around all of the parks. We bought a penny collection book at one of the gift shops to keep our assortment in. All of the gift shops offer this book. Throughout the year, my sons love to get it out and look at it. :goofy:

Also, it is a relatively cheap souvenier.

MickeyMousse
07-18-2008, 11:21 AM
I always buy a new Christmas ornament on each trip while DH goes for the pressed coins and my 2 DS's like to get themselves new pins.

IloveDisney71
07-18-2008, 11:53 AM
I collect Disney snowglobes. I have 14 in my collection so far. However, during my last several trips I have had a hard time finding new ones. I like to get ones with different characters/themes and it's been more difficult finding new ones that I thought didn't look cheap (but that still cost a lot anyway). When I went in February, I was unable to find one that I liked. I ended up getting a Precious Moments collectible. The one of the little girls playing dress-up as Cinderella.

I also get a new Disney shirt each time I go.

pixie897
07-18-2008, 03:14 PM
My family and I like to collect all of the hotel ornaments from the resorts and year we stayed there. We also like to collect magnets and and the park CDS

Marla
07-20-2008, 09:55 PM
I have alot of different Disney items, but my main collection is Tink. I have tried to limit my collection to just ceramic and glass, and crystal Tink's but of course I have some plastic ones as well. My collection does include Tink snowglobes too. And when the lamps came out I got a few of those as well.:tink:

pink
07-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Mostley I just collect the pins but my brother collects pressed pennies. However, he has never bought a pressed penny book so he tends to loose quit a few of them. This trip I plan on buying him a book and then getting him a penny from each park and one from the resort to bring home to him. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-24-2008, 11:29 AM
I have several Disney Collections:

1) Christmas Ornaments-Everyone in our family collects them
2) Coffee Mugs-with the year of visit
3) Key Chains
4) Magnets
5) t-shirts

thumperbug
08-10-2008, 06:42 PM
My son has a collections of the plush Mickeys. Everytime we go to WDW we try to find ones he does not have. In fact today we were at a Disney Store and found an Uncle Sam Mickey on clearance for $1.99. I would love to find more Mickeys.

We also started the pressed pennies on last trip. We got the book.

My DH and I have a collection of them from our Honeymoon in 2000 so we are adding ours to the book as well.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
08-29-2008, 10:36 PM
I collect Disney big figs and snowglobes:thumbsup:

badkitty
08-30-2008, 01:04 AM
I love the pressed pennies. Perfect for when funds are low. I used to collect snowglobes until the airport liquid restrictions. (I don't like to ship...) Recently, I started collecting blown glass figures of Disney characters.

TinkerbellT421
08-30-2008, 10:56 AM
I have a lot of collections :blush:
I started the pressed coins this past year because I use them as embellishments on my scrapbook pages. Along with coaster, napkins anything to use for embellishments lol. But my serious collections are I collect shot glasses. Christmas ornaments I get a cool looking on, and a year one. I get a new 3-d crystal every year of me and my dbf and the year written in it at the Imagination Pavillion. I get a couple of character pins and a year pin and the resort pin that we are staying at every year. And I THINK thats it lol. :cloud9:

Iluvpooh
08-31-2008, 10:39 PM
Dated Picture frames and Coffee Mugs and more coffee mugs. I broke a F&W festival mug this week and cried because I know that I can never replace it.(Unless one of you guys has a 2001 F&W Mug you don't want:blush:;))

I prefer the regular size mugs, but they are getting harder to find. I have a Haunted Mansion mug that will hold about a pot of coffee.

SurferStitch
09-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Big figures
Artwork (sketches, prints, giclee's)
Charms for my Disney charm bracelet
Anything with Stitch
I always get some sort of jewelry (watches, bracelets, etc.)

mickeys_princess_mom
09-16-2008, 10:18 PM

Charms that I collected:
Mickey Sorcerer Hat
'Grand Floridian' charm
Minnie in a teacup
Stitch
Jasmine
Cinderella Castle
Minnie w/ cat blowing bubble
Mickey ear hat
Pooh bear
'Poly Resort' charm
Luau Minnie
'Wilderness Lodge' charm
silver Mickey
MGM charm
Alice
Herbie
MK charm

I like the idea of a charm necklace. I keep saying I'm going to start a bracelet, but haven't run across one that I liked. I collect watches, tee shirts, earrings, ornaments, some pins, pix holding the silver balloons, and ear-to-ear smiles!:mickey:

ShinynewJB
09-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Pressed coins!!! Just got back from a two week trip at the World yesterday and I managed to fill one of those new 64 penny books (my fifth full book :cloud9:). The pennies always seem to be fairly unpopular... Especially in comparison to pins. But I can't get enough of them.

I also like to pick up something related to Toy Story, specifically the little green aliens. I found some wind-back alien toys in the $10 and under store in DTD (though they wouldn't sell me one - I had to get four!!! :P).

Also, you've gotta get ride-photos.

KevMcNJ
09-21-2008, 10:14 AM
credit card receipts

adoptionislove
10-20-2008, 10:34 PM
You are funny!!!

hokies4life
11-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Like others I collect stuffed animals (at least one new one each trip), and shirts.

I also collect the ceramic figurines, but I think I've got the majority of them already...

I will probably also start collecting christmas ornaments for DBF and my's christmas collection.

:chipdale:

hokies4life
11-02-2008, 12:44 AM
I like the idea of a charm necklace. I keep saying I'm going to start a bracelet, but haven't run across one that I liked.

I recently started a charm bracelet, but it doesn't have any disney charms yet. As my college graduation present, I got a Tiffany bracelet and I've put a couple charms on it so far. Hopefully I'll get a couple more to add to it in April.

:chipdale:

joanna71985
11-02-2008, 01:02 PM
I collect:
*pins
*DVDs
*CDs
*mini Mickey and Minnie plush
*figurines
*t-shirts
*Mickey ears

SurferStitch
11-03-2008, 04:25 PM
I have to add to my previous post....

On this last trip I started a Chamilia/Pandora bracelet, so I will now be adding charms every time we visit WDW!!! I got the bracelet and 5 charms to start.

adoptionislove
11-04-2008, 08:08 PM
I have fallin' in love with the little tiny figurines that are plastic I think they are called "Collectors Packs". They are only found at the parks and I think at the WOD in NYC. I love them but I am too cheap to pay Ebay prices!

Michelle

adoptionislove
11-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Oh yea, and I collect receipts from all the shopping and eatting we do there!!!

GrumpyFan
11-19-2008, 06:18 PM
We collect antenna toppers.

We will also buy a christmas ornament for the year.

RocknBev
11-19-2008, 06:25 PM
My family and I like to collect all of the hotel ornaments from the resorts and year we stayed there.

I love the idea about the resort...and I will be sure to pick one up from Wilderness Lodge this year.
We collect the Mickey ornament mainly especially the glass heads and have the year of attendance put on it. This year we have a tree devoted to all things Disney. So every ornament is a Disney one...I wish I could say that they all come from WDW but I purchased quite a few from our local Disney store...otherwise I couldn't fill up the 7 foot tree!

DizRunner
11-20-2008, 11:23 AM
I collect CM nametags. Of course really the only place to buy these is through ebay. It's fun because of the different styles that they've generated throughout the years.

I also started collecting pressed pennies on my last trip in January. That's fun too because about 6 months prior I go through my change looking for pre '82 pennies. Then I shine them about a week before I go to get them prepared to be smashed.

I also love HM mugs and glasses.

DizRunner
11-20-2008, 11:24 AM
I forgot...

Also resort pins that we've\I've stayed in.

Tinkerbelly84
11-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Everytime we go no matter what time of year it is we always get a christmas ornament. We also get a magnet for fridge every trip.

LoriSan
12-03-2008, 11:24 AM
I collect the plates. I have about 35 of them, although it's getting harder because they stopped making the ones with the year on them.

SBETigg
12-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Every trip, I pick up some new Christmas tree ornaments.

Suz36
01-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Antenna toppers, pressed pennies, pins, ornaments, tshirts, stuffed animals. I really like the idea of the resort ornament! I also collect my own photos - last trip Dec.07 I took over 2500 pictures in one week!

The Abiding Dude
01-05-2009, 07:59 AM
My family collects alot of things like ornaments, pressed pennies, pins, coffee mugs, etc.
The most exspensive of all though are Disney liscensed guitars. Not the toy ones, but actual instruments. I am up to 10 now. They range from Lilo and Stitch Ukulele's to Mickey Mouse and P.O.T.C. Les Pauls. I'm an ex-professional musician so it sort of jusifies my inner "gear lust" syndrome that all musicians have. The fact that it's Disney themed lets the rest of the family in on it, and partly justifies the cost. Just a little though.:rocker:

LavaLamp
01-05-2009, 03:33 PM
I like to collect pressed pennies and hats. My last hat purchase was a nice one. Donald Duck's butt and head shapes my head perfectly. I got it at the Philharmagic gift shop.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-06-2009, 04:30 PM
It all started 22 years ago when my husband brought me a stuffed Thumper from his family's vacation at WDW. Since then I have been collecting Thumper items. I haven't gone completely outrageous as said DH would probably strangle me with said stuffed Thumper, but I get a new stuffed one with every visit and I have several Thumper pins and other Thumper items. I prefer those Thumper items where he is alone and not with the other Bambi characters. My DH are going in just a few weeks down to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and I will be out to find a new Thumper.

Mousemates
02-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Mr. Mousemates collects pins form the resorts we have stayed at. Mrs. Mousemates does the same thing with christmas ornaments.

PETE FROM NYC
02-07-2009, 06:16 PM
First...what is the difference between collecting and simply accumulating merchandise?
DW and I have a boat load of Disney stuff.
ME:
I have at least 12 hats.
I have pins that I decorate my AK safari hat with.
I have numerous tapes, CDs, and records of theme park music.Right now, 3 of the 6 slots in my car cd player are Disney.
Mucho pressed pennies(no book, yet)
4 Disney watches
Mugs, plates, bowls
T-shirts(when I can find XXXL)
Mickey belt buckle
Mickey flip-flops

DW:
Musical movie plates
Assorted Christmas ornaments
Magnets
Spoons
4-5 Disney watches
Snow globes
Blown glass
Stuffed animals
Various knick-knacks and statuary
DVDs,movies and park related
Slides
Those lighted thingies they sell at the night parades
Earings,and other jewelry
Old 8mm movies of parks and attractions
Mickey and Minnie back scratchers
Mickey slippers
Mickey shower curtain
Mickey and Donald night lights
Hats
Animated Christmas Tigger(3 ft tall)
Mickey Santa sled with Pluto and one accompanying reindeer
Donald decorating Christmas tree
Pooh and Piglet tree

And probably a ton of other goodies that I just can't remember as I write this.

Greenlawler
02-13-2009, 12:01 AM
The number one thing we collect is pictures andautographs of the characters. We started this in 2005. What I would not give to have started thisway back in the day when I was younger.
We also collect:
Disney Racers for the boys
We get one snowglobe
We buy one stuffed Donald
We do the pin thing as well
and whatever else suits our fancy

We do have several collections that Disney has discontinued.

TheVBs
02-14-2009, 10:49 AM
We get some pins and pressed pennies every time. I also have a fairly large Tink figurine collection, although several of them are vintage, so not bought in the parks.

stitchaholic
02-15-2009, 06:04 AM
popcorn buckets

PrettyMinnie
02-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Jewelry!! And anything Minnie Mouse! :minnie:

Kennywife
03-07-2009, 12:13 AM
I love to get magnets! I'm on a mission to get a magnet from every place we visit (even airports) and put it on my fridge. :thumbsup:

I also like to get stuffed animals, posters, jewelry, and knicknacks. I saw a beautiful snowglobe last fall at DL, but I was afraid it would break in my luggage. :(

Anna

DawsonAR
03-13-2009, 10:37 AM
We collect way to many things. We are true Disney Nuts (like so many others on here)!

1) Christmas Ornaments-
2) Coffee Mugs
3) Hats
4) Magnets
5) t-shirts
6) Pins
7) charms
8) Minnie and Mickey Plush
9) Baseballs

adoptionislove
03-13-2009, 11:39 PM
I collect the Disney Collectors Packs. In fact, I am obsessed! I have ALOT of duplicates and I will be in NYC in May and can't wait to go to WOD and trade for the ones that I do not have!!!!!

tinkerted
04-09-2009, 02:23 PM
i collect all things that light up at disney world and my grandmother collects window stick on's

marlaine
04-16-2009, 02:56 PM
My DS collects Disney Racers-the little diecast cars that you can only get at the parks. We started getting them when he was 2, now every year we go back, we get the latest ones.
The way it started, I needed to find something that I could buy that I could easily hide from my DH. I buy a few every trip and hide them in our suitcase. He never found out!;)

Love of Disney
04-16-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm not much for collecting things, but I always buy something for myself. Last year it was a Mickey Flip Flop necklace. Of course I bought my DD a Mickey and a beautiful picture frame. The main thing I like to collect are MEMORIES!!!
:cool:

TeamJonasSister
04-18-2009, 09:32 AM
I collect ears and pins! I always make sure that I get new ears when I go to Disney. I also really enjoy my pin collection. I'm also trying to start a snowglobe collection.

DisneyPrincess21
04-22-2009, 10:04 PM
I like to get the different themed travel mugs. And I love getting the cd's I don't own. This last time I bought alot of blankets. One from MVMCP, a blue one with cinderella's castle embroidered (sp) on it. And one that was cinderella's castle with the "ice" lights that was for sale for like $10 with a purchase. The trip before that, I bought alot of coffee mugs. around 3 i think.
I guess I end up with a similar theme of what I buy every year, Even though I don't mean to.

biggun35
05-18-2009, 04:29 PM
We buy a new hockey jersey every trip to Disney, if there are new ones. Last year I had to go back to Disney Studios before we left for our flight because that was the only place I could fine a Pirates jersey.

kbean
05-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Snowglobes when cash allows me.

disneyboundagain
05-18-2009, 10:49 PM
We always but a lot of Disney things, but as far as annual must-have-collectables:
DW buys a t=shirt with the year and a nice embroidered sweatshirt and DD5 collects pressed pennies. DS3 is too young to collect anything yet. I don't collect anything yet, but I like the idea of collecting watches and may buy one or two this year.

bord1niowa
05-26-2009, 12:02 AM
This time, besides pins, we'll be looking for anything Haunted Mansion. We themed our travel trailer in that and want to get a lot more to put in and on it. Besides, we like the dark side of Disney.:thedolls:

Kathy Jetson
05-26-2009, 12:29 AM
Pictures of EVERYTHING in wdw, coffee cups, and pressed pennies for ds5.