PDA

View Full Version : DVC APs

TennesseeTink
07-17-2008, 12:55 PM
DH and I are new to DVC; in fact, we don't close for a couple more weeks. I have some questions about getting the DVC discount for APs.

1) I already have an AP that expires in October 2008. Am I eligible for the DVC renewal discount this year or do I have to purchase an AP with the DVC discount and then get the renewal discount next year?

2) DD10 and I are staying at SSR in September 2008 with our incentive points. Can I buy her AP at the resort to get the DVC discount or should I call Member Services before the trip to get her discount and just activate the pass at Downtown Disney when we arrive?

Thanks in advance!:thumbsup:

Goofeygal
07-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Great question I want to know this as well.

FiggyFan
07-17-2008, 10:17 PM
You can purchase APs with the DVC discount either on the member website or at the ticket window at any park entrance. If you purchase online, you can print a ticket voucher that you redeem for ticket(s) at the park ticket window - that way, your one year of admission doesn't start until you actually use it. Either way, you will need to show your DVC member card and an ID for each person getting an AP - this is how Disney verifies that the discount is only used by immediate family living at one address.

As far as getting the discount on a renewal of a standard price AP, I'm not sure, but I think that would be the fair thing for Disney to do.

dlpmikki
07-18-2008, 12:26 PM
I can answer the renewal question because that is exactly what we did. They are very flexible and will let you renew a premium for a standard or the other way round as well. I even changed my mind during the year last year and they let me change up to premium keeping the maximum DVC discount.

TennesseeTink
07-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Thanks so much, everyone!:rocks: